Park crowds December 14-17

That week shouldn't be too crazy, but towards the end of the week the crowds will have picked up. I think the heavy crowds will start around Dec 20th.

No way to know that until Dec 14th-17th. Generally speaking, yes, it will be very busy. It's the weeks leading into Xmas. The holiday season is quite busy in general and the closer to Xmas you get, the busier it gets. How busy...nobody knows.

It will be pretty busy. We have gone around those dates the past two years and crowds have been quite a bit heavier than our May and September trips.

will they be too crazy??

Usually, those dates would be a good time to go as most schools are still in session. They will probably still be okay, but the 2nd opening of Galaxy Edge will throw ALL crowd predictions off and parks will probably be busier than usual for quite some time. So it will be the new norm.

It’s always busy so be prepared to deal with crowds, esp that time of the year

Judging by availability of onsite accommodations the week before (available DVCs are scant with only a few, large units remaining, and only Deluxe, pricier Dis hotels remain), December will be very busy. I continue to troll for DVC studios or one beds to add a few more days, but booked last room at POFQ yesterday for half our stay, just in case. Seems to be incredibly booked up!

Judging by availability of onsite accommodations the week before (available DVCs are scant with only a few, large units remaining, and only Deluxe, pricier Dis hotels remain), December will be very busy. I continue to troll for DVC studios or one beds to add a few more days, but booked last room at POFQ yesterday for half our stay, just in case. Seems to be incredibly booked up!

That's because you're looking for DVC which is booked 7-11 mos in advance, and December is one of the most popular months for DVC.

I just checked, and there is availability across the board for the week of Dec 14....all values, mods, and deluxes showing rooms in almost all price categories.

Thanks everyone we might switch our trip to late January. But to be honest I will miss the beautiful Christmas decorations

I was in WDW 12/14-12/18 in 2018 and while it wasn't low crowds it was completely manageable. We had a great time, I wouldn't avoid those dates. I'll actually be back the same weekend this year! I would just recommend not dragging your feet on booking a room because availability does go away a few months out!

was there on those dates last dec, wasn't busy. had vey little waits. but pandora crazy at night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter