Park Hopper 6days+ ??

Joan S.

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Needs to 'fess up
Hi. We will be in DL for 8 nites in July and I was going to get 5 day park hoppers.But with all the talk of HEAVY crowds I was thinking that the option of an extra day or two would be good(even if we just used it at nite). So is it possible to upgrade to 6 or 7 days while at the park?? Another option for us is that I have seen where DVC members may be eligible for $20. off AP's?Does anyone know the price of an AP at DL and do I purchase it at DL?Thanks for any info or help it is appreciated!! Joan :cool1:

DVC members do get a $20 discount off of Deluxe and Premium AP's. The price w/o the discount on those is $209 for Deluxe and $329 for Premium. The Deluxe AP has blockout dates. During the months of July and August, you are blocked out every Saturday plus Sunday July 3 and 17th, and 4th of July. What are your exact travel dates?

I think you can only upgrade a park hopper to an AP, not another hopper, but I could be mistaken. A deluxe AP is $209 and a Premium is $329. They will apply the amount of your hopper towards the upgrade. A deluxe pass has blockoutdays.

I hope this helps!

Our family had the same issue and, unfortunately, I couldn't find a very cost effective solution, especially for our travel dates.

Since we'll be there for the actual 50th, the blackout dates for the cheaper AP made it impossible for us to make use of them. (The blackouts of the 16th and 17th are at the end of our trip, so we couldn't use park hoppers for those days and then upgrade, if that makes any sense.) We considered the Deluxe (is it the deluxe? whichever the one without blackouts is...), but the price seemed too high for us to justify it for a couple of extra partial days.

The 6 day hoppers we looked at were $219, and I couldn't find a discount anywhere - not Disney Visa, not DVC, not AAA. We went for the 5 day hoppers (paid $164 through a mousesavers link, but disney.com has a discounted rate of $169 as well). The $50 difference seemed pretty substantial to me, and if we have to bite the bullet and purchase additional day passes, then so be it.

The only other thing I heard was the $129 5 day hoppers available at World of Disney in NYC. The $40 difference from the already discounted price makes it cost effective to buy an additional 2 day pass, separate from your regular hopper. :confused3

Good luck with whatever you decide, and if you find a better answer, please post!!! ;)

Just remember - BEWARE OF BLACKOUTS!!

Hi, Our travel dates are July19-27th.we will arrive at LAX at 12:30pm and will b e staying at the DLH. So we would be blacked out on Sat.the 23rd of July with the Deluxe AP. (we wanted to do a beach day anyway) And since we are DVC Members the price would be $189.00 for the deluxe AP. I was planning on $169.(then found the $164.)This may work for us,and I can upgrade at DL Guest Services? Or if I decide to do this can I purchase AP's at the DLH or only at the park? Because if we do the AP's, I would go into DL park the first nite we get there! :Pinkbounc We are already AP holders at WDW,too bad they do not give a discount for that!!! Joan Fantasmic303,I also saw the post on the $129. 5day park hoppers in NYC and thought of driving there! :moped: But figured between the gas and the money I would spend once I got there,it would be more than the 100. savings! :sad2:

I'm actually headed out to DL in a bit so, I'll ask about upgrading the park hopper to an AP for you. I'm not sure if oyu can buy the AP's at the hotel but, you deifnately can at the ticket booths. Keep in mind, everything is in walking distance so, in 5 minutes, you've gone from the hotel to the ticket booths.

A side note for your beach day, think about going to Laguna Beach. There's some great art festivals going on and there's also Pageant OF The Masters. In this show, they recreate great paintings and works of art on the stage using real people. check out www.foa.pom for more info. but, they may be sold out at this point.

Hi LeftCoaster, SO jealous you can just "HEAD OUT" to DL!!(this is my DREAM for WDW-someday!) Anyway, thanks for asking for me and SPECIAL thanks for the beach info!! Would you be able to tell me if there are any discounts for dining with an AP at DL?? This may make the $80. extra $$$ I will spend on the AP's come out EVEN!! ;) I can justify ANYTHING when it comes to DISNEY!! And with those AP's I may JUST HAVE TO visit DL again within the year! :cool1: THANKS, Joan

For the deluxe AP, there are a few restaurant discounts in the park and in DTD. Not a ton but, it's better than nothing.
Tonight, I asked about upgrading the park hopper tickets to an AP and the CM said it "Shouldn't" be a problem. Unfortunately, her lead wasn't there at the time but, she saw no reason why it can't be done. The whole DVC discount is so new there that there's still some confusion. For example, she knew it existed but had never actually processed it.
One you get into DL, you'll need to go to the Bank Of Main Street to actually process your AP and get your picture taken. This place will be open until park closing and the CM there said that right before fireworks, it gets pretty empty and then gets swamped after the fireworks. So, decide what is best for you.

THANK YOU LeftCoaster ! It is SO helpful to know exactly where to go and what to do! We have not been to DL since 1986! WE are WDW ADDICTS,35+ visits since our first in 1987,but DL is where my ADDICTION started! We are really excited to see DL again and be part of the 50th Celebration. :banana: Joan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter