Parking at a resort for dining

TeresaWen

DIS Veteran
I posted this as a reply in another post but maybe I can get help here. We are new Florida residents. We love to dine at Disney restaurants. My husband has mobility issues and uses a scooter.

I really need to get a real answer on parking at a resort for the purpose of dining.

This past Saturday my husband dropped me and my visiting girlfriend off at AK for the day. As dinner approach I checked MDE for a place to dine. Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona, and the wave had availability. I though she would enjoy any of these and taking a tour of the hotels before dinner would be fun. Plan was to then have my husband join us for dinner. Here is the BUT

He has mobility issues and uses a scooter. It takes both of us to get the base out of the car. So he just could not park at the TTC without me. Did not want him to show up at the gate of a hotel only to be told to park at the TTC.

Since it is impossible to get an answer and be sure we skipped this. Went back to mg house & I cooked.

It is so frustrating to not be able to get a straight answer to this question!

Is there a real answer to this? Asking the Mom’s panel is useless.

If you have a disability parking placard, you can use valet parking at the resorts for free (you should tip, however). If he uses a scooter and doesn’t have a placard, you should apply for one ASAP.

You can park at the resorts when you have a reservation wether that be hotel or dinning. Or you can use valet parking either for free if handicap or pay for it

I posted this as a reply in another post but maybe I can get help here. We are new Florida residents. We love to dine at Disney restaurants. My husband has mobility issues and uses a scooter.

I really need to get a real answer on parking at a resort for the purpose of dining.

This past Saturday my husband dropped me and my visiting girlfriend off at AK for the day. As dinner approach I checked MDE for a place to dine. Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona, and the wave had availability. I though she would enjoy any of these and taking a tour of the hotels before dinner would be fun. Plan was to then have my husband join us for dinner. Here is the BUT

He has mobility issues and uses a scooter. It takes both of us to get the base out of the car. So he just could not park at the TTC without me. Did not want him to show up at the gate of a hotel only to be told to park at the TTC.

Since it is impossible to get an answer and be sure we skipped this. Went back to mg house & I cooked.

It is so frustrating to not be able to get a straight answer to this question!

I do not have answer about parking at resorts but remember at Fort Wilderness parking is at front end of campground and Hoop Dee Doo Review and Trails End are at the other end and there is no car parking there. you would have to use internal bus to get there and yes scooter can get on them. just wanted to add this to your info

Resort parking lots, like theme parks, go through various levels of closure depending on anticipated crowding. (they don't call it that for the lots).

For resort lots it ranges from no restrictions to a 3 hour pass (nowadays virtual, enforced by the guard's clipboard) to having an advanced dining reservation (also enforced by the guard's clipboard) to outright denied entry except for guests staying at that resort.

It is not exactly predictable what you will experience and it can change more than once over the course of a day.

Havng a Disney Vacation Club membership or an annual pass or staying at a different Disney's resort does not grant unlimited resort parking.

Very few guests will run afoul of the 3 hour rule when they drive in for their ADR and drive to their next activity when done eating and/or touring that resort, which procedure incidentally is the traditional expected procedure when driving anywhere in the world. (WDW does have the exception that using a theme park lot allows leaving the car there all day when going anywhere within the 50 odd square mile tract known as The Walt Disney World Resort.)

Valet parking works a little differently. You may be parked there for the rest of the day unless the valet who greets you or a sign near him says otherwise.

Hold onto your receipt and there is no added fee for theme park lot hopping and resort valet lot hopping..

Last edited:
We have never paid parking to visit hotels. We go to Animal Kingdom Lodge every new year's eve to see the band. We also go to other hotels too at various times. Just tell the guard why you are there. From October to May we live 5 miles from Animal Kingdom.

On our many trips in recent years we always stay onsite, rent a car and DH has an ECV. We don't have a disability placard nor really require one. We've never had trouble with regular parking at another resort for ADRs and even QS. Not sure if it matters to them that we're onsite? It's probably easier than it seems but I understand wanting full confirmation before arrival. I'd try contacting WDW's disability services because they're likely to be the most familiar with your questions.

(407) 560-2547 or email disability.services@disneyparks.com

In general, guests visiting a resort for dining or shopping are allowed to park. Typically for a 3-hour period, though that may or may not be enforced. If it is extremely busy (think 4th of July time, New Years Eve, etc.) parking may be restricted to onsite registered guests staying at that resort. Really any other time it would be very unusual to be denied access to parking.

As PPs mentioned, with HA plates or placard, the valet fee is waived at WDW resorts. I believe valet is allowed even when self-park is restricted.

Enjoy your vacation!

We always go to Animal Kingdom Lodge on new year's eve. I never mention handicap parking and never pay.

We have never paid parking to visit hotels. We go to Animal Kingdom Lodge every new year's eve to see the band. We also go to other hotels too at various times. Just tell the guard why you are there. From October to May we live 5 miles from Animal Kingdom.
We just moved here two months ago. Very close to AK too. Never have issues parking there. My concern is hotels behind Epcot or on the monorail. I heard too many stories of folks wanting to dine being turned away. Trying to figure it all out now that we live here. I have so many food issues so when we go out we choose Disney restaurants. My husband has mobility issues so parking at the TTC is ok if we are together. Not if he is meeting me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter