Parking

MickeyMouse

Earning My Ears
I am trying to decide whether or not to rent a car at the airport. Can anyone tell me how much the daily parking fees are at WDW resorts, as well as theme parks?

Thanks a bunch. :earsboy:

There is no charge for parking at the WDW resorts - whether you are staying there or not. (Valet parking is $6) Theme parks is $7 (last I checked) ;)

Before we lived here, we preferred getting around with a car rather than relying on Disney's transportation system - it just made it easier to get places at the time WE wanted to get to them.

Good luck!

Also, Resort guests get a parking permit that allows them the free use of any of the theme park lots.

Theme park parking is $8 per day now. You only pay once per day even if you park hop (just be sure to keep your parking ticket).

As mentioned above, if you are staying at a WDW resort, parking at the parks is free. Parking is also free if you have an annual pass (but not a seasonal pass).

Susan

I thought that you only could use Disney transportation once inside to get from park to park.

GO CHEER CATS :cheer2: :cheer2:

We are driving down and will have our car with us...we are staying at OKW. Would it be easier to use Disney transportation or just drive to the theme parks? We are going June 4th - 11th. I imagined traffic would be a nightmare...*shudder* :bounce:

SusanDK said:
Theme park parking is $8 per day now.

I knew they had raised it, I just thought it was $6 before! Can ya tell I don't have to pay for parking? ;)

torianne31 - If you are staying at OKW you can just take the bus to the theme parks. Then use you car if you are doing something tricky on one day like going to one of the other resorts from your resort.

:)

diznygirl said:
I knew they had raised it, I just thought it was $6 before! Can ya tell I don't have to pay for parking? ;)

torianne31 - If you are staying at OKW you can just take the bus to the theme parks. Then use you car if you are doing something tricky on one day like going to one of the other resorts from your resort.

:)

Would "something tricky" include going to Disney Quest or is there a bus for that too? I can't imagine us going to another resort for anything...

We're staying at ASMu, but we're eating at two different resorts (Poly and CR); is it going to be difficult to get there if we don't have a private vehicle? We're flying in and were planning on taking the Disney transport everywhere...

Thanks!

macfamily said:
We're staying at ASMu, but we're eating at two different resorts (Poly and CR); is it going to be difficult to get there if we don't have a private vehicle? We're flying in and were planning on taking the Disney transport everywhere...

Since Poly and CR are both on the monorail line, you can always reach them via monorail from the TTC. Someone more knowledgeable about the bus service from ASMu can chime in about bus transport from their, but I'm assuming your easiest route would be to take the bus as if going to MK and then use the monorail to Poly and CR.

Susan

macfamily said:

Thanks!

just want to let you know of a bad experience we had getting from the Grand Floridian after dinner back to Pop Century. Since it was after MK had closed, we couldn't just monorail back to MK and take a bus from there. We had to take a bus to downtown disney and then change busses to get back to POP. It took about 1 hour and 20 minutes from start to finish! It would have been a 15 minute drive, max. We will always use a car from now on. if you're set on using disney transport, then i suggest taking a cab for the times you'll be eating at other resorts. well worth the money not to waste so much time on a hot crowded bus while on your vacation.

dj

torianne31 said:
We are driving down and will have our car with us...we are staying at OKW. Would it be easier to use Disney transportation or just drive to the theme parks? We are going June 4th - 11th. I imagined traffic would be a nightmare...*shudder* :bounce:

It depends. We sometimes use Disney and sometimes drive. We usually drive to other resorts (for meals), DTD, and maybe AK. If the buses aren't working well where we feel like we're waiting forever, we drive. We usually do not drive to MK though as you still have to take the monorail so it's easier to just take the Disney bus. But you can certainly live without your car if you wanted to.

I LOVE having a car. My friends who were with me last trip LOVE taking the bus.
OKW is a great resort, and you get to park right near the door of your unit.
You get a free parking pass so you can drive to the theme parks if you want: you will walk a little farther from the parking lot to the entrance than you would if you bused, but you can leave anytime you want and don't have to wait for a bus.
If it were me, I'd take the boat from OKW to Downtown Disney or to MGM if it goes there. For Epcot...I'd drive to the far left parking at Beach Club and walk into Epcot through the 'back door' by France or take the boat in front of Beach Club (less crowds).
I'd drive to MGM. If you drive to MK, you will have to park in the transportation center and then monorail to MK (unless you do what I do but I'm not telling here or everyone will do it)...I think it would be best to take the bus which leaves you off right at the entrance to the MK park.

All that being said....OKW is a big resort and the bus meanders around taking up TIME. YOu might want to walk to the hospitality center and take the bus right as it is leaving the resort...or request a room near the hospitality center.

I just love having my car so that I can play it all by ear. Sometimes we decide to leave a park cause it is too crowded or we forgot our camera or something...with a car we can just hop in and go to wherever we like.

Lucky you...you'll have both the car and the Dis transport option...Try both and post back what you think!
Colorado Belle

The boat to DTD is fun, but waiting for it is not. And what if it is full? There is no boat from OKW to MGM.

It used to be possible to park at POLY or CR for a day at MK, but since the opening of AS and a few other onsite resorts, this option has begun to overload those lots, and they are enforcing a "guests only" policy, with a three hour pass for others. I don't know what the penalty is for overstaying the three hours.

Thanks for the info Coloradobelle!! Hey, could ya possibly email me your secret for the MK?? Purdy Please???? :earsboy:

For those of you who have a handicap sticker/placard, you can park free at the resorts - I'm not quite sure if that would apply to the parking lots. Perhaps someone knows. I haven't paid for parking for over 10 years now, so I am not sure :moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter