Party day of and day after strategies....

From experience, REST before the party.

We rope dropped at EPCOT the day of our MVMCP and didn't last long at the party :(

I would like to second this. We did this for MNSSHP, and we lasted till close but it was scorching hot and I felt myself drained of energy.

This year we are getting lunch and doing DS during the day. I recommend taking it slow the day off.

I see no problem with RD the day after. Are you available to advise where you are staying?

We did MNSSHP this last year with a 6 year old that goes to bed early. So we opted to sleep in and do Bon Voyage breakfast and the pirate cruise for kids only at Beach Club. Then we had her rest and then we entered MK at 4. If she was the kind of kid that could go all day and night without a break we would've done a park that morning.

I think my DD would strangle me if I tried to wake her up for RD after the party. The party ends at midnight. I'm guestimating that we won't be back to our room until 1-1:30 am and in bed by 2 am. We have no plans to leave early and beat the bus rush. We are going to soak in every minute we can. There's no way we are making an 8 or 9 am RD.

I think my DD would strangle me if I tried to wake her up for RD after the party. The party ends at midnight. I'm guestimating that we won't be back to our room until 1-1:30 am and in bed by 2 am. We have no plans to leave early and beat the bus rush. We are going to soak in every minute we can. There's no way we are making an 8 or 9 am RD.
That’s exactly our plan, stay out late until the party is over and sleep in the next day. We have one MNSSHP booked and two nights at Universal HNN. Three parties in four days and will plan on staying late at each one and sleeping in the next day. But I have never made a rope drop in my life either so there’s that :)

Great question and discussion. We will be at WDW Dec 11-19 with MVMCP tickets scheduled for Dec 13. My plan is to RD MK and get in a few rides in AM and leave park around noon and then return after a break. Maybe try an earlier dinner at Saana before we go.

My plan is to sleep in but go to a late breakfast at Kona - go back to rest and then go to party at 4. And depending on how things are going, I may rope drop HS the next day but will break after lunch and go back for fireworks probably

My 5 year old would strangle me if I told him we were planning on resting until 4 PM LOL. I'm not sure if he's ever rested in his entire life! We are planning on going to the MK for a few hours in the morning and then back to the room/tv time/pool time/a nap if I'm lucky (at the poly, so close by) until around 6 when we'll head to the party.

Nothing early planned the morning after, but I doubt he will sleep in much.

Been doing them for 12 years.

When we first started I was concerned about DS1 because we WERE staying until the end and get our monies worth.

So we tried a variety of ways but always meant NO park day. We did character breakfast in am, then pool, rest and to park. We tried a sleep a bit, swim a bit, go to a nice heavy lunch, rest, change head to park. We tried going to a MK or MK resort for early dinner (in costume) then party, after low key day. We have done a couple hours at Disney Springs and a meal, we have driven off property to Disney outlet and lunch, then rest and go.

Last few years we have done a few hours at a park then rest/change/eat and party.

We NEVER have needed a down day after BUT we do sleep in since we stay at party until the end. No way I could do a rope drop.

Doing our first party this year, YAY!

What do you do the day of the party? Parks or no parks until party time?

What about the day after? We really want to rope drop HS the day after the party, but... I'm a little nervous about that! I'm not sure how much time to say we'll spend at the party, being that we are not late night people. I think the latest we'll make it to is 10:30-ish...

On party day we do not do any parks and the night before, we stay until an hour after park close (wherever we are) and then walk around the resort and just chat for a bit and this allows us to sleep in on party day (not too late, because we don't want to miss breakfast in the lounge but later than normal). We do a table service early dinner/late lunch at our resort or another monorail resort so that we just hop on the monorail to be at the party by 5 at the latest (since you can get in at 4). We stay at the party until an hour past close, so that we don't have to wait long for the monorail and we get a pretty empty park!! Once we get back to the resort we head up to the room and go to bed and once again sleep in the day after.

The day after is usually a day that we book an 'extra' so that it is a non park day again. We have done Highway in the Sky, Fireworks cruises, Party at the Top or a dinner show (luau, HDDR, MBYB) combined with an afternoon at DTD (Disney Springs) and mini golfing (we prefer the Winter Summerland course!).

This year will be our first MNSSHP (we have a 4 year old and a 7 year old). Our plan is to have a relaxed morning on our party day - maybe go to Disney Springs, maybe just pool time, and then arrive at MK around 3:30pm and try to make it as late as we can. We may be crazy, but we have an 8:15am reservation for Garden Grill the next morning, so we'll see how that goes! Then later in the trip, we're going to do MK during the day on a party day and use the evening to have some pool time, pack, etc. I'm hoping it pays off with a slightly less crowded MK...we'll see!

We have a 9:45 breakfast at Ohana the day of our party, then heading back to Pop to relax, and swim before going to MK at 3ish for the party. We're gonna stay as late as we can, and the next day sleep in and have a leisurely morning before heading to AK to close that park.

No parks the day of the party or the day after. We sleep in both days, as we are normally rope droppers if going to a park. Just take it easy the day before, maybe the pool. Then we stay until around midnight so no way are we getting up the next day! That would be miserable for us! I find that this is the only way we can do a party and actually enjoy it. We are well rested before the event and get to sleep in afterwards. Sometimes we may go to Disney Springs the day after for lunch or shopping, but we keep it light!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter