• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Time to start paying attention to emails/apps/signs in doors at grocery/drug stores! I noticed hiding at No Frills has starting charging for plastics bags again effective June 15th! No info within the big update in the app by Galen -- be careful now or you'll get charged when you aren't expecting it :(
On the flyer and this week's email there's this lil tid-bit hiding under the big deal earn points for buying their reusuable bags

Time to start paying attention to emails/apps/signs in doors at grocery/drug stores! I noticed hiding at No Frills has starting charging for plastics bags again effective June 15th! No info within the big update in the app by Galen -- be careful now or you'll get charged when you aren't expecting it :(
On the flyer and this week's email there's this lil tid-bit hiding under the big deal earn points for buying their reusuable bags

View attachment 503806

Well...that explains why my PC Express order that I picked up today from Fortinos was not in bags and instead was neatly stacked in the back of my van...looks like I will need to put my reusable bags back in the van.

Yep, Walmart has already started charging for their plastic bags again, so not just the Loblaws banner stores.

Well...that explains why my PC Express order that I picked up today from Fortinos was not in bags and instead was neatly stacked in the back of my van...looks like I will need to put my reusable bags back in the van.
I asked our cashier on the weekend about bring our own bags in to Superstore, she said as long as we can keep them in the carts and not on the counter it was fine. I have a bunch of thirty one tote bags that we were using before so I can bring those and throw them in the buggy and pack that way. Way better than all the plastic we were going through in the last few months. I can prob just spray the totes down with lysol spray when we are done, I wipe off my groceries before they go away anyways.

Just back from a Loblaw stop and was not charged for bags. I used two and no fee. Maybe it's store by store?

the threshold offer at superstore out west this week is bonus PC points! spend 250$, earn 25,000 points.

i like this offer more than the last few. one was a folding lawn chair, the other was a box of assorted condiments.

i’m not sure i’ll hit 250$ this week. i might hold off until later in the week and see what we need.

I noticed at Superstore that people were bring their own bags in a little bit ago. We stated reusing our hard sided totes. It's just so much easier than the bags. I am happy. As much as I like to have a collection of bags at home for certain things...I much would rather use less plastic.

the threshold offer at superstore out west this week is bonus PC points! spend 250$, earn 25,000 points.

i like this offer more than the last few. one was a folding lawn chair, the other was a box of assorted condiments.

i’m not sure i’ll hit 250$ this week. i might hold off until later in the week and see what we need.
Almost the same offer here at my Superstore in Ontario but it's spend $225, earn 25,000 points. Still not thinking I'll be anywhere close to it now that I'm able to shop weekly again but will look around. If only gift cards counted it would be much easier to hit that $$ amount!

how strict is shoppers on their (what I call) the old lady discount? Rexall is only 55 but shoppers is ???? I know it's older.
I'm never up early enough to get to the first hour old lady shopping sooo I end up waiting till Tuesday but Rexall is harder for me to get to, if I'm able to get the discount at shoppers I'd be able to walk.

but I have real trouble stretching the truth for sumthin like this if the age is much older than I am anyway.

how strict is shoppers on their (what I call) the old lady discount? Rexall is only 55 but shoppers is ???? I know it's older.
I'm never up early enough to get to the first hour old lady shopping sooo I end up waiting till Tuesday but Rexall is harder for me to get to, if I'm able to get the discount at shoppers I'd be able to walk.

but I have real trouble stretching the truth for sumthin like this if the age is much older than I am anyway.
In my opinion it depends on the store. I had one store in Toronto who told me they would give the seniors discount to anybody who asked for it but my store in Ajax says it is 65. Once I was there and the guy ahead of me left the store because he wasn't 65 and had asked for the discount but then the cashier gave me the seniors discount and I by no means looked 65 and I think I even told him I wasn't even 60. Who knows - maybe call your store and ask them the age.

After reading juniorbugman's reply I thought I would call a few of our stores before voicing in. I thought the age was 55 and the two stores I called confirmed it. I know I have never been asked for proof, I do make sure to always say I want the senior discount just in case they forget. No one has ever questioned it.
I'm not 65 and 'hope' I don't look it, lol. Been getting this discount for a few years now. Maybe call the store that you are thinking about going to and double check but I would think if it's 55 for one it would be 55 for all.

After reading juniorbugman's reply I thought I would call a few of our stores before voicing in. I thought the age was 55 and the two stores I called confirmed it. I know I have never been asked for proof, I do make sure to always say I want the senior discount just in case they forget. No one has ever questioned it.
I'm not 65 and 'hope' I don't look it, lol. Been getting this discount for a few years now. Maybe call the store that you are thinking about going to and double check but I would think if it's 55 for one it would be 55 for all.
I’m going to check that out as I’m be 55 in less than a year. I thought it was 55 in the past but they raised it? Will need to find out!

In my opinion it depends on the store. I had one store in Toronto who told me they would give the seniors discount to anybody who asked for it but my store in Ajax says it is 65. Once I was there and the guy ahead of me left the store because he wasn't 65 and had asked for the discount but then the cashier gave me the seniors discount and I by no means looked 65 and I think I even told him I wasn't even 60. Who knows - maybe call your store and ask them the age.
Okay I just called my store and asked what the age was for Seniors Day and she said 50. I said that I went once and the person said it was 65 and wouldn't give me the discount so maybe that clerk was having a bad day as I know he has been there for a while. So it does look like seniors can be any age. I thought maybe I heard her wrong but if am sure if you look over 50 and ask for the discount they should give it to you.

Loblaws has six packs of Scotties tissues on for $2.99. Anyone know of any dollar off coupons? The only ones I can find expired June 30th.

Loblaws has six packs of Scotties tissues on for $2.99. Anyone know of any dollar off coupons? The only ones I can find expired June 30th.

Hi Tinkerone
I would like to stock up on these. Last week the cashier in Shoppers very loudly yelled at me that I couldn't buy more than two 6 packs,,I was very embarrassed. The flyer didn't say anything about a limit it just said after limit price so I thought I could buy two at the sale price and just pay more for the extras which obviously I couldn't.
I don't want to make the same mistake at Loblaws,,so is there a limit on how many 6 packs I can buy?
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter