• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Me too...I'm always like " what the heck did I buy that cost so much " :confused3 :laughing: I very rarely buy something that we don't use or need. The prices sneak up on me or I miss something in my head lol
I do the exact same thing, I try to keep a tally in my head and then I get to the till and I have spent way more... Nice to see I am not the only hone haha

I try to use my weekly points deals to goto shoppers if there is a $50 min for 20X then I can really get a good haul for points. My coffee goes on sale quite often so I will stock up on that when shoppers has it on sale etc. Hubby says why are you bothering when we can't go anywhere o_O. Pffttt well once we can go be in a year or two think of the time I will have to make up for hahaha all those points will definitely help me pay for our disney trips

I do the exact same thing, I try to keep a tally in my head and then I get to the till and I have spent way more... Nice to see I am not the only hone haha

I try to use my weekly points deals to goto shoppers if there is a $50 min for 20X then I can really get a good haul for points. My coffee goes on sale quite often so I will stock up on that when shoppers has it on sale etc. Hubby says why are you bothering when we can't go anywhere o_O. Pffttt well once we can go be in a year or two think of the time I will have to make up for hahaha all those points will definitely help me pay for our disney trips
I miss tossing a Disney gift card in with my groceries. Just looking at them makes me happy. Unfortunately my business is still closed so I need the points right now to reduce my grocery costs a bit.

I see it's a redemption week!!! I might see if one of shopper's has that nifty Firestick. I would love to have Disney plus...and we don't have one of those fancy new tv's that can have the apps on it. So until one of our big tv's c-rap out, I'm stuck using a firestick.

I see it's a redemption week!!! I might see if one of shopper's has that nifty Firestick. I would love to have Disney plus...and we don't have one of those fancy new tv's that can have the apps on it. So until one of our big tv's c-rap out, I'm stuck using a firestick.
That's where I got mine. Had to go to two Shoppers but I got one. It works like a charm to. Hope you can find one.

Not sure how much a firestick costs but I used my PC points to purchase a $50 Best Buy gift card (when I was also buying $50 worth of groceries) and purchased a Google Chromecast. It works perfectly if you're looking for another option to a Firestick and then, it's FREE! Chromecast is on sale at BestBuy for $39.99 this week. We have 2 and love them!

Updated: Just looked and Firestick is also on sale for $39.99 this week at BestBuy so you could get that for free also if you purchase a gift card with your points.

Anyone here a member of PC Insiders with a referral code?? We now mostly buy organic products and I think it would work for us...

Anyone here a member of PC Insiders with a referral code?? We now mostly buy organic products and I think it would work for us...
Didn't know I could do that! Let me know if you need an email with a link or can just use the code. Mine is TK1640, looks like you'll get 25,000 for signing up!

Didn't know I could do that! Let me know if you need an email with a link or can just use the code. Mine is TK1640, looks like you'll get 25,000 for signing up!

Just used your referral code with success! Thank you! Now to see if I can quickly recoup the cost. I have a big (350$+) shop planned for tomorrow at Provigo with lots of organic products for DH on my list so it will be a good test.

Slightly OT but thought I would mention this here. I contacted PC Mastercard to ask about travel insurance. I have PC World Elite MC that includes travel insurance.

I asked them, 'Are there any changes to the Travel Insurance portion of my PC World Elite MC due to COVID-19? If I travel outside of Canada, am I still covered as normal or, are there changes I should be aware of?'

I was surprised and pleased to receive the following response, 'Your World Elite MasterCard will include Travel Emergency Medical Insurance and there have been no changes made to this coverage due to COVID 19. It is 24-hour assistance by calling 1-866-892-8683 within Canada and the United States, or 613-634-4997 locally or collect from other countries. The primary cardholder, spouse and dependent children under 65 years of age are covered for up to 10 consecutive days of travel starting on the day of departure. Covered expenses include: Hospital accommodation and medical expenses, doctor charges, nursing, diagnostic services, ambulance service, emergency air transport, prescription drug reimbursement, accidental dental care, medical appliances, return airfare, transportation to bedside, vehicle return and return of deceased.'

I'm still pretty confident we'll be cancelling our Sep 2020 trip due to the high number of cases in the US but found it interesting that should we decide to go our existing travel insurance will cover us. Nice surprise!

(Not looking for you should/should not go responses, just wanted to post this in case others have a PC World Elite MC and are wondering if the travel insurance was changed.)

Slightly OT but thought I would mention this here. I contacted PC Mastercard to ask about travel insurance. I have PC World Elite MC that includes travel insurance.

I asked them, 'Are there any changes to the Travel Insurance portion of my PC World Elite MC due to COVID-19? If I travel outside of Canada, am I still covered as normal or, are there changes I should be aware of?'

I was surprised and pleased to receive the following response, 'Your World Elite MasterCard will include Travel Emergency Medical Insurance and there have been no changes made to this coverage due to COVID 19. It is 24-hour assistance by calling 1-866-892-8683 within Canada and the United States, or 613-634-4997 locally or collect from other countries. The primary cardholder, spouse and dependent children under 65 years of age are covered for up to 10 consecutive days of travel starting on the day of departure. Covered expenses include: Hospital accommodation and medical expenses, doctor charges, nursing, diagnostic services, ambulance service, emergency air transport, prescription drug reimbursement, accidental dental care, medical appliances, return airfare, transportation to bedside, vehicle return and return of deceased.'

I'm still pretty confident we'll be cancelling our Sep 2020 trip due to the high number of cases in the US but found it interesting that should we decide to go our existing travel insurance will cover us. Nice surprise!

(Not looking for you should/should not go responses, just wanted to post this in case others have a PC World Elite MC and are wondering if the travel insurance was changed.)
That is really interesting AND good news for those who have the card. 2 questions i would also have if I get to the point of travelling (anywhere outside of our province) because we always get travel insurance would be:
  1. Am i covered even if there's a "do not travel" advisory of any type?
  2. Do i need to pay for the ENTIRE trip using the card? (if i use Airmiles for part of it and then only pay some of it on the card)

That is really interesting AND good news for those who have the card. 2 questions i would also have if I get to the point of travelling (anywhere outside of our province) because we always get travel insurance would be:
  1. Am i covered even if there's a "do not travel" advisory of any type?
  2. Do i need to pay for the ENTIRE trip using the card? (if i use Airmiles for part of it and then only pay some of it on the card)
1. Currently Canada is stating 'Avoid non-essential travel.' There isn't a 'do not travel' advisory. I believe I would still be covered as I wrote to them on Friday, Jul 17 and they responded on Saturday, Jul 18 with the response above.

2. In the past you have not needed to pay for any of your trip using the PCWEMC in order to qualify for travel insurance. In particular in the past I asked if I popped across the border for a day of shopping (pre-border shut-down) would I be covered and the answer was yes even though I hadn't booked a flight or accommodations with my MC. I have more than 1 email filed specifying this.

I’d be concerned about having only 10 days of coverage in case you do pick up covid and end up in isolation in the States and are unable to travel back to Canada.

I’d look into adding additional days before heading down.

I’d be concerned about having only 10 days of coverage in case you do pick up covid and end up in isolation in the States and are unable to travel back to Canada.

I’d look into adding additional days before heading down.
I respect that and it's good to consider. Our trip is 6 days total from leaving our home to returning. I don't think exposure to the virus normally makes someone sick immediately. I think there is an incubation period but not 100% positive.

That being said, if we do go, I have already mentioned to my daughter that we would go and be tested 7 days after returning home (mid-quarantine) even if we aren't showing any symptoms.

I respect that and it's good to consider. Our trip is 6 days total from leaving our home to returning. I don't think exposure to the virus normally makes someone sick immediately. I think there is an incubation period but not 100% positive.

That being said, if we do go, I have already mentioned to my daughter that we would go and be tested 7 days after returning home (mid-quarantine) even if we aren't showing any symptoms.

I wasn’t sure about incubation period either, so I just googled it.

From what I understand, you may present with symptoms between 2-14 days after exposure. The norm seems to be 5 or 6 days after exposure, so you may be fine, if you were exposed later into your 6 day trip. But not having additional days of insurance isn’t something I would personally risk for my family.

1. Currently Canada is stating 'Avoid non-essential travel.' There isn't a 'do not travel' advisory. I believe I would still be covered as I wrote to them on Friday, Jul 17 and they responded on Saturday, Jul 18 with the response above.

2. In the past you have not needed to pay for any of your trip using the PCWEMC in order to qualify for travel insurance. In particular in the past I asked if I popped across the border for a day of shopping (pre-border shut-down) would I be covered and the answer was yes even though I hadn't booked a flight or accommodations with my MC. I have more than 1 email filed specifying this.
Both answers are good to know and file under "check this out next trip". (i wasn't asking and/or questioning your trip BTW, was asking for future reference :) )

I wasn’t sure about incubation period either, so I just googled it.

From what I understand, you may present with symptoms between 2-14 days after exposure. The norm seems to be 5 or 6 days after exposure, so you may be fine, if you were exposed later into your 6 day trip. But not having additional days of insurance isn’t something I would personally risk for my family.
While I respect that, to be 'fully' covered I would be looking to purchase over 100 additional days for my family 'just in case' because if hospitalization is required it can be for a lengthy period of time. This could potentially be the case for any unforseen illness/injury while travelling. Personally (if we go) I will go with what we have and not be purchasing additional days of travel insurance.

I have been very happy with our PC Elite MasterCard as it earns us many points and has the added benefit of it including travel insurance. This is a huge bonus to me as I no longer need to purchase travel insurance and the card does not have an annual fee. For those here who do not have one, you may wish to look into possibly getting one if it's a good fit for you and your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter