• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

While I respect that, to be 'fully' covered I would be looking to purchase over 100 additional days for my family 'just in case' because if hospitalization is required it can be for a lengthy period of time. This could potentially be the case for any unforseen illness/injury while travelling. Personally (if we go) I will go with what we have and not be purchasing additional days of travel insurance.

I was thinking along the lines of adding an extra 10-14 days, not 100 days.

I’d be less concerned about hospitalization and more concerned about developing symptoms and not being able to get on a plane which, could prolong your time spent in the States by a week or two. That seems like a real possibility these days.

Wednesday and you know what that means.....save those offers!

As for travel insurance, check with who ever you purchase from or have with any credit cards. Can't say for sure 'all' but any I have ever dealt with have the ability to call their hotline to purchase more days if you run into a issue that has you staying more than your allotted time. So if you have 7 day insurance and you or a member of your covered group end up in the hospital on day 5 all you need to do is call and pay to extend the coverage for X number of days. This is also true if you are on a 7 day holiday, have 7 day insurance but decided to extend the holiday for 7 more days. You just call your insurance and purchase the extra days.
I have the extended medical insurance with BMO MC, not sure if its 28 days or 30, however if I need more I just have to phone in and add it. As I said, check with your insurance company before you go. There is no point in buying an extra 10, 20, or 100 days if you don't need it. That's a lot of dollars wasted.

Wednesday and you know what that means.....save those offers!

As for travel insurance, check with who ever you purchase from or have with any credit cards. Can't say for sure 'all' but any I have ever dealt with have the ability to call their hotline to purchase more days if you run into a issue that has you staying more than your allotted time. So if you have 7 day insurance and you or a member of your covered group end up in the hospital on day 5 all you need to do is call and pay to extend the coverage for X number of days. This is also true if you are on a 7 day holiday, have 7 day insurance but decided to extend the holiday for 7 more days. You just call your insurance and purchase the extra days.
I have the extended medical insurance with BMO MC, not sure if its 28 days or 30, however if I need more I just have to phone in and add it. As I said, check with your insurance company before you go. There is no point in buying an extra 10, 20, or 100 days if you don't need it. That's a lot of dollars wasted.
I definitely agree to check with your insurance company. In the past, yeah, it was easy to add onto your insurance while down there if you wanted to extend your trip. But during this pandemic? I'm just not so sure how easy or possible it would be to add extra days once you are in the States experiencing covid symptoms. I'd just really look into this thoroughly before venturing south. I'd rather pay a few extra bucks for additional days of insurance ahead of time for peace of mind.

questions please
so when I look at the Great Canadian Superstore flyer I see buy 2 Frito Lay variety pack get 1500 Points.
Is this a one a done?
Like could I buy 4 of them and get 3,000 Points?
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10001/1368099?itemId=50448720&page=6
Or this one
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10001/1368099?itemId=50448769&page=9
could I buy 6 bags of Lays chips and get 4,000 points?

And are buying multiples and getting points at other stores like No Frills,Loblaws,,Shoppers allowed?

Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

questions please
so when I look at the Great Canadian Superstore flyer I see buy 2 Frito Lay variety pack get 1500 Points.
Is this a one a done?
Like could I buy 4 of them and get 3,000 Points?
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10001/1368099?itemId=50448720&page=6
Or this one
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10001/1368099?itemId=50448769&page=9
could I buy 6 bags of Lays chips and get 4,000 points?

And are buying multiples and getting points at other stores like No Frills,Loblaws,,Shoppers allowed?

Thanks
Hugs
Mel
So yes and no
Yes to buying multiples, no to other stores, if its in the flyer and not a loaded offer.
Flyers are per store...ie..shoppers spend 50 get 20x events, just shoppers,,,too bad that would be great at SS.

I definitely agree to check with your insurance company. In the past, yeah, it was easy to add onto your insurance while down there if you wanted to extend your trip. But during this pandemic? I'm just not so sure how easy or possible it would be to add extra days once you are in the States experiencing covid symptoms. I'd just really look into this thoroughly before venturing south. I'd rather pay a few extra bucks for additional days of insurance ahead of time for peace of mind.
Also understand that every policy I have ever read is for the length of the planned trip up to the maximum days. If your return home is delayed by a covered claim, then your coverage continues until your return (it does not lapse on day 10). So if you fall ill on day 6 and need to be admitted to hospital, you will be covered until you are well enough to be repatriated. It could be a tougher situation if you are flying and are denied boarding because of mild illness; however your trip interruption might possibly cover this. Read the policy carefully and consider all possibilities.

I have two shopper exclusive offers on my app. One is just a spend $50 get 20x. The other is spend $30
On food items get 10,000 points. Will these work together? If I was to spend $30 on food and $20 on other items. I’m guessing no but hoping yes

I have two shopper exclusive offers on my app. One is just a spend $50 get 20x. The other is spend $30
On food items get 10,000 points. Will these work together? If I was to spend $30 on food and $20 on other items. I’m guessing no but hoping yes

Unfortunately you cannot combine two threshold offers.

It's Wednesday...time to save any offers you might want to use next week :flower:
anyone else notice that when you save offers that you get less the next week? I have 3 I like and since I started saving them each week I get fewer new ones 🤷‍♀️
Sometimes I have forgotten to save my offers until late Wednesday night and it has already thought of what offers it is going to give me and when I save my 4 offers I get them plus the offers that it had already given me for next week. You just have to remember to go in and save your offers.
I thought once it had to do with how often you shop there but I hadn't shopped at a Loblaws brand store since March and I still got at least 12 offers at week so who knows how they think.

anyone else notice that when you save offers that you get less the next week? I have 3 I like and since I started saving them each week I get fewer new ones

I have noticed some weeks I get more offers than other weeks. But I do consistently get offers for items that we regularly purchase. For me, that will keep me working this program.

I have noticed some weeks I get more offers than other weeks. But I do consistently get offers for items that we regularly purchase. For me, that will keep me working this program.
I'm more often than not, getting around 7 -10 offers a week, and some weeks that includes the ones everyone has for threshold spends, Joe Fresh things and Esso offers. Some weeks I get ONLY the ones i saved. I find the programme frustrating!! I spent close to an hour yesterday trying to chase down 12,000 points that are split between 2 transactions. I already have claim numbers since they go back to late April and Mid May but they still haven't been dealt with. I was told an email was to be sent and i had to reply with picutres of the receipts, the email never arrived so I'll need to contact them yet again.

When it works, it's excellent but dang, it gets under my skin at times!

I just checked this week’s offers. They’re good but I’m disappointed the one I saved (and saw greyed our at the bottom of my list as ‘saved for next week’ isn’t there as its one I’d be using for sure. :( I can’t say I’ve noticed this happen before though.

Just wanted to flag a great offer on Reactine at Shoppers for those in need. The large pack (84+) is ordinarily $57.99 and on sale for $39.99. At my Shoppers there was also a coupon for $3 off.

The pack of Reactine has a 10x points offer on it, and I added a few other items (butter, eggs on special) to get above the $50 for 20x the points.

Regular points: 750
In store bonus points: 5,265
Digital bonus points: 14,250
Total points: 20,265

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter