Pecos Bill toppings bar

No topping bar sucks, it was one of the great thing about Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe IMHO. But I also get why they won't bring it back... it had to lose them a lot of money - you know letting people fix of their food they way they liked it.

Still getting rid of it is an awful thought, it was always the one QS we would have a meal or two during our stay.

No topping bar sucks, it was one of the great thing about Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe IMHO. But I also get why they won't bring it back... it had to lose them a lot of money - you know letting people fix of their food they way they liked it.

Still getting rid of it is an awful thought, it was always the one QS we would have a meal or two during our stay.
Pre-closures I regularly saw families making entire salads out of that fixin bar. And not all of them actually bought anything from the restaurant, mind. I remember back when they still had guac on it and people went wild and they took it off and started charging for it.

Post-reopening Pecos Bill is terrible regardless though, I can't wait for this place to finally get put out of its misery. Not even the fixin bar could save it now. Quality just took a massive nosedive, it's basically a themed Taco Bell at this point.

@kylenne that's a bummer, we haven't been back since 2020, so sad to see that Disney ruined it.
I was honestly very shocked by how steeply it fell off. We used to love getting the nachos there and loading them up from the fixins bar because it was a big enough portion for 2 people to split, while not making us feel gross walking around the park. But they were borderline inedible when I went in 2021. I gave it another chance when we went last May, just because I wanted to believe it was a fluke (not many places were firing on all cylinders in that initial reopening period!), but oof...

Post-reopening Pecos Bill is terrible regardless though, I can't wait for this place to finally get put out of its misery. Not even the fixin bar could save it now. Quality just took a massive nosedive, it's basically a themed Taco Bell at this point.
That's some harsh disrespect towards Taco Bell. Their food is WAY better than the garbage served at Pecos Bill and at least there you can get a Brisk Mango Fiesta.

True, true..Taco Bell is like Del Taco compared to 2024 Pecos Bill.
Legit. Pecos Bill used to be my go-to in MK but this is a no for me now. There is hardly anything lite in this park and I always have food guilt so I just go next door and enjoy the pb, Nutella and banana sandwich but I'm sure that's not long for this world either if that is where they put the PoC themed bar ... which I will not complain about because I will live there.

They do not. The toppings bar was filled regular condiments like ketchup and mustard. You can request sides of salsa, lettuce, etc from the counter when you pick up your food, and they come in small prepacked containers.

Legit. Pecos Bill used to be my go-to in MK but this is a no for me now. There is hardly anything lite in this park and I always have food guilt so I just go next door and enjoy the pb, Nutella and banana sandwich but I'm sure that's not long for this world either if that is where they put the PoC themed bar ... which I will not complain about because I will live there.
My favorite light bite to eat at MK was the Lighthouse Sandwich at CHH, and I was devastated when it never came back. Dramatic, I know, but I loved that sandwich! I think we are at the point where if we do want something lighter we will probably pick up lunch back at the resort. I really enjoy the salad at the pool bar over at the Poly. MK is just dire now, even by that park's standards.

As a. vegetarian, that taco bar definitely definitely added to the nachos we would get. Since it’s disappearance, have no desire to eat here at all. If doing QS at MK, will continue with CHH. At this point , it might be nice to have something else besides Pecos Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter