Perennial-Astilbe

Mamu

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Astilbe-If you have ever seen or planted an astilbe it love at first sight. These beautiful perennial have bright plumes that look like ostrich feather rising from a fernlike foliage. They come in shades of red, pinks, whites and corrals. They like super rich soil, moist at all times, with lots of organic matter. Astilbe's do not grow well in dry ordinary soil. They grow best in semi-shade, with heights of 12-48 inches. They can be planted in spring or fall.

Astilbe's look great when planted with other perennials, like hosta. Also in front of a wooded or an area that has lots of shrubs.

I love astillbe. I bought 18 for a large garden and ended up moving them, but they did look great. They are not doing as well since I moved them.

I think these are absolutely enchanting plants... unfortunately my growing conditions are not right for them... so they would be VERY HIGH MAINTENANCE for me. So those of you who can grow them... do.... and then share some pics!

One of my mystery plants last year that I described turned out to be an Astilbe. I had bought it a year or so earlier at an end-of-year "take-pity-on-me" plant sale and it was not labeled. It is not flourishing where it is at present and I think, thanks to you Mamu, that I will move it over by my hostas and watch it improve!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter