pet peeves

countrylady_j

Earning My Ears
What are your pet peeves concerning Disney??

One that comes to my mind is when 1 person waits in a long line for something (i.e. to see the Fairies), and when they get close to the front of the line, their family members join them! This is not fair to everyone else who has stood in the line for the entire time to have someone walk right past them and get in without waiting. What kind of example does this send to the kids who are waiting...that it is ok to cut in front of others?? It just irritates me to no end!!

1) people who stop in the middle of a sidewalk/walkway
2) people who use those giant SUV double strollers as battering rams
3) people cram in front of everyone and then put their child on their shoulders, hence blocking the view for all those they trampled
4) people who are rude in any other manner

ETA - The above being said, I'd rather be peeved while at Disney than unpeeved here at home!

What are your pet peeves concerning Disney??

One that comes to my mind is when 1 person waits in a long line for something (i.e. to see the Fairies), and when they get close to the front of the line, their family members join them! This is not fair to everyone else who has stood in the line for the entire time to have someone walk right past them and get in without waiting. What kind of example does this send to the kids who are waiting...that it is ok to cut in front of others?? It just irritates me to no end!!

I have blocked a few people from cutting front of me in line. At TSM in October a guy tried to walk in front of me and I placed both arms on the wall and would not let him by. He left and a short bit later he and his family ended up back behind me in line but when it was time to get read to get to the boarding area he and his family were not allowed to ride. It is irritating when people pull this. I stand there with my kids and my sister and none of us leave the line for anything. I wish the CMs could do more.

When people just come to a dead stop in the middle of a walkway. Hello, you have 5,000 people moving rather quickly behind you!

Sorry if this has been posted before. I had not seen it anywhere plus I had the irritating experience this past week.

Don't worry about it. Sometimes threads like this can get out of hand and wind up locked rather quickly. I for one, enjoy threads where we can discuss negative issues because, hey, they happen. You can only read so many Happy, joyous, rainbow and fluffy kitten filled posts. Sometimes you need a little..drama. But too much is not good either.

So, anyway,
My biggest peeve at WDW is what others have said...when people come to a DEAD stop when there are hundreds of people behind them. If I realize I need to stop and turn around, I start to veer to the side or look over my shoulder to see how it looks behind me and when it is safe to stop, I stop.
I don't know why that is such a hard concept.

Seriously... I just try and blow off anything that bothers me at Disney. I try not to let it get to me.
I guess I put on my rose colored glasses and when in Rome.. :rotfl:

There is ONE thing that does bug me when at Disney... its when strangers try and tell us all about the bad stuff that has happened to them and complain to US... what the heck am I supposed to do about it? :rotfl2:
I am sorry your having such and such problems but why bring our family down in the dumps over your complaints?
:rotfl2:

Believe it or not I get this a lot too! I could be standing in line for a ride and someone will tell me how horrid of a time they are having at their resort... hmmm okay... really sorry that is happening to you but... WHY TELL ME ABOUT IT?! :rotfl:
Why bring my families Disney high down because your having a bad time?
I DO try and turn the conversation around in a more positive manner and I am NEVER rude about it
But that little evil demon inside my head has to rear its ugly head whenever this happens.
:rolleyes1

With my above post maybe I should add my second pet peeve is bringing my 2 teenage sons :rotfl2:

Its so much more fun when they aren't there complaining and being moody teens :rotfl:

my pet peeve is when a family (consisiting of anyone of any ages) are in front of me walking slow. If i can walk around them i will, no big deal but if they are taking up the entire pathway walking slow with no room to get around them, reading the map or whatever, it absolutely drives me nuts. I am sorry but i know where i am and I know where i want to get to and i don't want to have to waddle behind you because you don't know what you are doing and holding up everyone behind you. Kindly move along to the side and let me by. I am on vacation and my vacation time is limited. I dont want to spend it behind slow people.

When people complain and get nasty about the Disney Transportation system. It's free, people! If it is that important to get places quickly, rent a car.:confused3 It just doesn't seem fair to yell at the bus driver, they are doing the best they can.

When people complain and get nasty about the Disney Transportation system. It's free, people! If it is that important to get places quickly, rent a car.:confused3 It just doesn't seem fair to yell at the bus driver, they are doing the best they can.

Yup I have caught myself getting mad several times at Disney transportation! What is my solution? I don't use it and use the cabs :rotfl2:

I guess I try to find solutions to things that bring me down at Disney rather than get mad:hippie:

Is it just me or am I just too damn happy to be at WDW that I don't let anything bother me. :lmao: Well except my kids at times. ;)

Is it just me or am I just too damn happy to be at WDW that I don't let anything bother me. :lmao: Well except my kids at times. ;)

Mi vida~ you sound like my kind of mom :rotfl:
Lets leave our children at home and run away together for the week to Disney :worship:

I would much rather having strangers stop right in front of me than to hear my teenage son groan or complain cause he didnt get his way and he is a moody teen :rolleyes1

OMG, 2 years ago, my mom and dd (9) went on a nice girls only trip and stayed at POP. It was August and very hot. We were about 3rd in line at the bus stop at the resort waiting to go to MK. I admit it, the bus was taking a very long time. It had to have been about 30 mins but everyone seemed to be in good spirits despite the wait and heat. There were dozens of people behind us late afternoon. So this one woman and her family a few spaces behind us start getting loud. I mean VERY loud. With full-on swearing, arm swinging and all that. They made a huge scene about getting out of line when an EPCOT bus pulls up for the 4th time while we were waiting for ONE MK bus to show up.

This lady runs up to the EPCOT driver and says "We have been waiting too long..you need to take us to MK this is crazy, I am not waiting!! bla bla bla"

So the EPCOT driver VERY nicely says that he can't switch his route but she was welcome to come aboard and ride to Epcot and then switch to a MK bus if she wanted (LOL)

So the lady VERY loudly says YES that is what I am going to do! Bye you suckers! Have fun waiting for your MK bus!! hahaa

Well...just as that bus pulled out...what do you think came around the corner? lol Yep, a MK bus. As her bus pulled out, everyone in line clapped their hands and yelled goodbye to her.

We were all very thankful she wasn't going to be on our bus.

OT omg you only have 6 days until your trip! Wahoooooooo for you. :yay:

Don't worry about it. Sometimes threads like this can get out of hand and wind up locked rather quickly. I for one, enjoy threads where we can discuss negative issues because, hey, they happen. You can only read so many Happy, joyous, rainbow and fluffy kitten filled posts. Sometimes you need a little..drama. But too much is not good either.

So, anyway,
My biggest peeve at WDW is what others have said...when people come to a DEAD stop when there are hundreds of people behind them. If I realize I need to stop and turn around, I start to veer to the side or look over my shoulder to see how it looks behind me and when it is safe to stop, I stop.
I don't know why that is such a hard concept.

Mi vida~ you sound like my kind of mom :rotfl:
Lets leave our children at home and run away together for the week to Disney :worship:

I would much rather having strangers stop right in front of me than to hear my teenage son groan or complain cause he didnt get his way and he is a moody teen :rolleyes1

Heck, my kids aren't teens yet. They are 10, 8 and 6 and I am glad to be going without them this coming trip.

Don't get me wrong, I will miss them like, well, I don't know what. But we went this past August and my oldest did nothing but cry, whine, mope and stomp her feet the whole time. Meal times were misery.

Of course, we also had some wonderful, awesome, memorable times too. They have been many times and knew exactly what they wanted to do which was both good and bad as the oldest is not very flexible.

The August before last, my mom and I took my oldest and she was a dream. So I don't know what her deal was this last time. She is 10, so I am thinking that maybe..hormones coming early? ugh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter