pet smilies

Spicey looks very coonish. Even though it's just a head shot, I can see the distinctive long hair in the ears and around the face and the muzzle is the right shape also.

Despite what some folks think, however, being a tabby cat does not make one a coon cat. Tabby is a type of coat marking. Not that anyone has said that, but just making a note! So many people think my Winston is a coon because of the tabby markings and I have to explain that many other breeds are also tabbies and that you can have solid color coons.

Spicey looks like Winston in the face as Winston is also a brown tabby.

So, many votes for Maine Coons and one siamese. I would take any cats, truly, as long as they outnumber and out-cute the dogs. :maleficen

the way a maine coon is different (or so I been told) is that above the eyes - you can see a M (one part over each eye).

Spicey has this - so I am certain that is part Maine Coon - but only part - he only weight 10 lbs at his heaviest. A full blooded Maine Coon would be 15 to 25 lbs for a male cat. Of course he would also be dead. a full blooded maine coon has a shorter lifetime than your regular cat.

a regular cat lifespan (as my Vet kepts reminding me) is 12 years. I think the Maine Coon is 10????

since Spicey is 19 years old and still very much alive. He is definitely not a full blooded Maine Coon.

but I course don't care what he is - I just think he is the BEST!!! :teeth:

My cat was part Maine Coon. She was about 19 pounds. However, she lovd to be 20. I didn't realize Maine Coons had such a short lifespan.

well my Vet claims they do. or was it some website???

I don't know for certain.

Heck it could be just the ones down here. Living in the South is probably hard of any animals that have as much fur as they do.

Very true! My was by no means a pure bread either, though. Then again, I think pure breads in general have shorter lives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter