Pete Werner, we're not as rich as you !

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hi everyone, Clete Turner here. Coming up on the show today, we discuss how much plasma you have to donate in order to be able to afford a souvenir pen at the World of Disney. We'll also tell you how you can survive an entire day in Epcot eating nothing but a sleeve of saltines and a bottle of A-1 Sauce. Also, correspendents Gregg Wilson and Rory Marcum drink(ice water) around the World. Coming to you live from the frozen food aisle at Sam's Club(where we just made a meal out of the free samples), THIS is the DIS Unabletomakeendsmeet"

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Isn't there a word for a society where everyone has equal wealth, no one is allowed to own anything and no one is "rich"?
Doesn't sound like fun to me, but it works for some!

Based on the OP, it seems that we should go and ask all those lovely businessmen to get rid of their Beamers and Mercs so that they don't hurt anyone's feelings?

In MY opinion, which I keep getting reminded that I'm entitled to, which is pretty awesome for all of us, I'm ok with some people being "better off" than me.
The fact that all of us are on this forum tells me that we have enough means to have access to the Internet, something I couldn't afford up until a year ago because I chose to spend my money elsewhere. And something that a lot of people still can't afford! Should we take away our internet privileges because others can't afford that? Then what do we become as a society?

Everyone can afford to stay concierge at the Poly... And the 3 phones. And the powerful PC. And even a value trip to Disney for 5 nights. It just might take you longer to save for it than others!

"Hi everyone, Clete Turner here. Coming up on the show today, we discuss how much plasma you have to donate in order to be able to afford a souvenir pen at the World of Disney. We'll also tell you how you can survive an entire day in Epcot eating nothing but a sleeve of saltines and a bottle of A-1 Sauce. Also, correspendents Gregg Wilson and Rory Marcum drink(ice water) around the World. Coming to you live from the frozen food aisle at Sam's Club(where we just made a meal out of the free samples), THIS is the DIS Unabletomakeendsmeet"
Doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Ok that made me laugh.......

Nothing wrong with that. I travel the same way he does, and I don't judge people who travel differently. It's none of anyone's business how much we do or don't spend on vacations or clothes. I don't begrudge anyone doing/spending what makes them happy.

I just wanted to add in something in defense of techie/gamer families. What he said is actually very normal. My dad personally has about 3 different PCs, a tablet, and 2 smart phones. That is all for him. My mom has her personal computer. My dad and my husband are very similar. They love anything tech related. They will invest in the newest and greatest when they can. Multiple computers with different functions is normal. It is just something that most techies prefer to spend their money on.
And as for Burberry. I can't afford anything in there, but man their sales associates are nice. My goal is to one day buy a Burberry coat for fall. Maybe when I turn 40.....:teeth:

I just wanted to add in something in defense of techie/gamer families. What he said is actually very normal. My dad personally has about 3 different PCs, a tablet, and 2 smart phones. That is all for him. My mom has her personal computer. My dad and my husband are very similar. They love anything tech related. They will invest in the newest and greatest when they can. Multiple computers with different functions is normal. It is just something that most techies prefer to spend their money on.
And as for Burberry. I can't afford anything in there, but man their sales associates are nice. My goal is to one day buy a Burberry coat for fall. Maybe when I turn 40.....:teeth:
I'm far from "well off" but you better believe I will have the new iPhone every year when they're released.
Our phone plans are a bit different here than in the US, and so I end up MAKING money by upgrading annually.
You never know what the back story is to someone's stuff.

Also, when I was a dewy eyed university student, I vowed to myself that one day when I was a successful accountant, that is buy myself a Chanel skirt suit.
Don't ask me why, but that was my gauge on how I had "made it"
Now I work in retail, not a big 4 firm and it's the last thing I want, but it was a dream!
You get that Burberry coat girlfriend! You deserve it!

I'm far from "well off" but you better believe I will have the new iPhone every year when they're released.
Our phone plans are a bit different here than in the US, and so I end up MAKING money by upgrading annually.
You never know what the back story is to someone's stuff.

Also, when I was a dewy eyed university student, I vowed to myself that one day when I was a successful accountant, that is buy myself a Chanel skirt suit.
Don't ask me why, but that was my gauge on how I had "made it"
Now I work in retail, not a big 4 firm and it's the last thing I want, but it was a dream!
You get that Burberry coat girlfriend! You deserve it!
Since I am less tech savy, much to the shame of my dad, I will get the crudiest smart phone as I don't care. My husband's uncle has all the new tech gadgets and gives us tips on what to buy. I remember when I was young, single, with my head in the clouds I was going to buy a Coach purse and some super expensive outfit from Nordstroms. Now I am just waiting for my kids to be older to get my dream coat. But when I'm 40, I will probably decide to spend that money traveling or seeing a show. I'm so fickle! :teeth:

Hey, I can understand being a little envious of seeing what others spend their money on- I think it is human nature. But to get angry and tell others to "tone it down" just because YOU feel jealous? Not cool.

Heck, I get a little pang reading the DIS every once in a while- seems like you all are able to go to WDW often, and we haven't been in almost 3 years (and won't be able to visit for another 4 at least). But then I remember that we are able to put DD through college with very little student loan debt because we choose to postpone our vacations for a few years and spend our money on her schooling, and I am fine. It is all about choices.

Pete, I am jealous of your trips, but I would never be angry with you for going. Have fun! And keep on buying what you want- it is your own, hard earned money.

Eh, it doesn't bother me. Most people are richer than me, anyway. So everyone is flaunting their money in my face, essentially.

tumblr_n5ygok2zYm1rqd0kpo1_400.gif

If I'm completely honest, id love for Pete to bring back the tech show he had done a couple of episodes on.

I love that Pete has these items and can give us an honest review, too many reviews online are biased and it makes it hard to make an informed decision on this stuff before buying it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter