Photo Contest

astrodrummergirl

The DLRP ads are taunting me!!!!!!
Can the photos from disney parks around the world or just WDW? And how many can we upload?

Thanks

AAARRRGGGGHHHH! I can't figure how to upload photos to the contest! Am I missing a link? I can post photos to my posts, I just don't know how to submit to the contest.

Never mind, I finally figured it out...you have to sign in. d'Oh!

directly from your hard drive it looks like. Hit the browse button and find the file on your PC.

Are we just supposed to upload photos in their respective catagories or is there a special section for contest entries? And what are the entry rules? Maybe some of the details are in today's podcast...haven't had a chance to listen yet.

Karla B.

Go to the Unplugged homepage. The link for the contest area is there.

Oh jeez. I need help. I only wanted to upload one pic but somehow I uploaded another photo and then 2 things that aren't even pics and I can't figure out if I can delete them! Anyone know if I can get rid of the things I didn't mean to upload??? I swear, I'm such an idiot!:headache:

This is one way I found to delete a photo

Click "profile" (next to upload photos)
click on "Manage Photos" - it is towards the bottom under the words "Photo Notification"
Use the drop down box to select the folder where photo you want todelte is located - in your case "Disney Photo Contest => Romantic"
You will see all of the photos you uploaded to that folder
Click on the little circle under delete for any photo you want to delete
Hit the submit changes button at the bottom

btw - love the fireworks photo - it is beautiful

Darn it, my photos are too big. That's what I get for going for the super nice camera.

Kim

You should be able to copy your pic and resize it. Most photo programs should be able to - what do you use typically? I'm sure if you google "resize picture" a number of tutorials will come up.

This is one way I found to delete a photo

Click "profile" (next to upload photos)
click on "Manage Photos" - it is towards the bottom under the words "Photo Notification"
Use the drop down box to select the folder where photo you want todelte is located - in your case "Disney Photo Contest => Romantic"
You will see all of the photos you uploaded to that folder
Click on the little circle under delete for any photo you want to delete
Hit the submit changes button at the bottom

btw - love the fireworks photo - it is beautiful
You are the BEST! Thank you so much!!! I've got them deleted now.

Thanks Pete and the rest of Roundtable - as I was going through uploading my photos, I had the best time "remembering the magic" - after all, just like most of us here, we've also had many trips to WDW so there are lots of photos to go through! I just wanted to say thanks for giving me a reason to go through the pictures of those trips - it was a great trip down memory lane!

~Stacy

I think I'll go insane before I get anything uploaded. My profile says I have no pictures. I try to upload a picture from photobucket (because they are too big on my computer). It then shows 4 pictures. 2 are pictures I didn't try to upload, one is a gif that says join now and the other says something about icons. I delete them and try again but they always come back. AND the picture I'm trying to upload is no where to be found.

HEEEELPP.

I can't even get myself logged in. And I don't see anyplace to upload photos.
Go to this link -- http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showgallery.php/cat/805

There are links that say Home - Search - Register - Login
Click Login and then use your Dis screen name and password - from there, it will give you the option to upload photos directly from your computer or if you have them stored online (like Photobucket) you can upload them from there. You may have to edit your photo to make it smaller if the file is too big. Hope this helps! :flower3:

When I say my photos are too big, I mean the mega pixels. None of my pictures are below 3 meg.

Kim

When I say my photos are too big, I mean the mega pixels. None of my pictures are below 3 meg.

Kim

There is a simple tool that Microsoft provides for free where you can easily resize multiple images at once. Not only can it reduce your pixel size to 1024x768 or smaller, but by doing so, it greatly reduces the file size as well. I use this feature all the time when I email pictures.

My camera takes pictures at a resolution of 2816x2112 and the file size is in the 3mb range as well. Using the tool from Microsoft, I can make a copy and reduce it to 1024x768 with a file size around 150kb while keeping the high res image as well.

The tool can be found here (this is a direct link to the download from Microsoft's website): http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

After it's downloaded and installed, you can find it by simply right-clicking on the picture you want to resize and click 'resize pictures' to get to the image resizing screen. To do multiple pictures at once, just click and drag to highlight all the pictures you want to resize and then right-click one of the highlighted pictures.

This is a very simple and easy to use tool. If you decide to use it and have further questions, feel free to ask!

I can't even get myself logged in. And I don't see anyplace to upload photos.
I can't either. When I try to log in, it says incorrect username or password. I know both are correct.

Something tells me it might have to do with the fact that we both have the ampersand (&) in our usernames and the photoboard software doesn't allow those types of symbols to be used even though the disboards vbulletin software does. :confused3

I think I'll go insane before I get anything uploaded. My profile says I have no pictures. I try to upload a picture from photobucket (because they are too big on my computer). It then shows 4 pictures. 2 are pictures I didn't try to upload, one is a gif that says join now and the other says something about icons. I delete them and try again but they always come back. AND the picture I'm trying to upload is no where to be found.

HEEEELPP.

I feel like a dog who's been given a treat inside one of those nylabone chewy thingys---I keep trying and trying, but I just can't get to it (and I can't resize my pics but i can't stop trying!)---maybe this contest will help me become more computer savvy(---savvy?) eventually??

I can't either. When I try to log in, it says incorrect username or password. I know both are correct.

Something tells me it might have to do with the fact that we both have the ampersand (&) in our usernames and the photoboard software doesn't allow those types of symbols to be used even though the disboards vbulletin software does. :confused3

You are probably right. I tried logging in and have the same message. And I checked to make sure my password was what I thought by logging off and back on the boards. I also tried to register, but then it tells me I am already registered.

I don't know what else to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter