Photo Contest

I can't either. When I try to log in, it says incorrect username or password. I know both are correct.

Something tells me it might have to do with the fact that we both have the ampersand (&) in our usernames and the photoboard software doesn't allow those types of symbols to be used even though the disboards vbulletin software does. :confused3

I started a thread looking for help. I thought maybe it could be fixed by Corey or another webmaster?

I think I'll go insane before I get anything uploaded. My profile says I have no pictures. I try to upload a picture from photobucket (because they are too big on my computer). It then shows 4 pictures. 2 are pictures I didn't try to upload, one is a gif that says join now and the other says something about icons. I delete them and try again but they always come back. AND the picture I'm trying to upload is no where to be found.

HEEEELPP.

Not sure how you are trying to get pictures from Photobucket into the DIS Photo Gallery but you need to get the image on your computer before you upload. These are directions for a Mac. If tyou use a PC and you can't follow hopefully someone with a PC can chime in.

go to Photobucket and find the picture you want
click on the picture so it opens the full picture in your browser
right click on the picture and select "save image as"
you will get the directory for your computer - select the place on your computer where you want to save the picture - the desktop or photo library are good choices - make sure thr name is something you will recognize.
After the picture saves go to the Dis Photo Gallery
select upload photo
select "browse" and go to the location on your computer where you saved the Photobucket photo
Select the photo and follow Dis Photo Library directions from there you should be all set

Hope this helps

I am guessing the photos are stored on a server that has constraints on the use of some specail characters. Both < and & are special characters for this type of server so it is probably having problems recognizing your name and the others who have a & in their names. The Disboard probably is on a different server that does not have the constraint.

You could try establishing a new id without any special characters (underscores "_" are one character that is ok) and see if that works or you could post a question on the Technical Support board - they may have a better solution.

There is a simple tool that Microsoft provides for free where you can easily resize multiple images at once. Not only can it reduce your pixel size to 1024x768 or smaller, but by doing so, it greatly reduces the file size as well. I use this feature all the time when I email pictures.

My camera takes pictures at a resolution of 2816x2112 and the file size is in the 3mb range as well. Using the tool from Microsoft, I can make a copy and reduce it to 1024x768 with a file size around 150kb while keeping the high res image as well.

The tool can be found here (this is a direct link to the download from Microsoft's website): http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

After it's downloaded and installed, you can find it by simply right-clicking on the picture you want to resize and click 'resize pictures' to get to the image resizing screen. To do multiple pictures at once, just click and drag to highlight all the pictures you want to resize and then right-click one of the highlighted pictures.

This is a very simple and easy to use tool. If you decide to use it and have further questions, feel free to ask!

I downloaded the tool and clicked to resize but the resized picture is coming up as a jpx file.

update: I finally got a file to upload using photobucket and copying it back to my computer but... I'm still getting those 2 pictures and images when I process the 1 picture file. It's 2 pictures I haven't selected and a join now icon and another icon (I don't remember what it says). I have deleted them numerous times but everytime I process photos it's back.

I would also like to comment on the photos, too, but it says something like "user comments are verboten" or something like that.

Keep up the magic!

16 days to MK!

Is there an answer to my question> I still can't vote on the photos I like, or more importantly in this election year, vote against the blurry photos I don't like!
(It gives me "User Comments Not Allowed." is it me?)

Is there an answer to my question> I still can't vote on the photos I like, or more importantly in this election year, vote against the blurry photos I don't like!
(It gives me "User Comments Not Allowed." is it me?)
Mr Snappy - Are you logged in when you are voting/commenting? I *think* you have to be logged in to vote and comment. I haven't had any trouble - anyone else want to comment???

Mr Snappy - Are you logged in when you are voting/commenting? I *think* you have to be logged in to vote and comment. I haven't had any trouble - anyone else want to comment???

A-doy! You are right, Bride.
I didn't really see that I had to Log In twice--once for this board and once for that. Thanks for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter