Photo Sharing - Nikon Part 2

Actually Dave, I had a T2i for my WDW trip in May. As soon as I got home I sold it and bought my D5100 which I love. In Disney my brother had a D3100 that I used once and I fell for the Nikon. I post those pics here because I feel I belong amongst the Nikon shooters. I do find that my D5100 shots are noticeably sharper and color and contrast better with every lens I use. So the answer to your question is the opposite, I switched to Nikon. I just ordered a sigma 70-200 f2.8 HSM II Macro which will hopefully be here by the weekend. I have never shot with a Lens without OS so I am kinda worried. Now that I am just rambling on, I want to thank you, Scott, and everyone else on here for inspiring me.

Were happy to have you Harry!!!!! :thumbsup2

Congrats on the 70-200. I hope to add this lens to my collection as well. Don't worry about it being a non vr version the speed should over come that.

Dave, I might have to try a monopod. I would love to have that D7000 you shoot with. I looked at the D7000 but at the time I thought I was better off with the D5100 and having money to get the 35 and a SB600. I love the D5100 but the more I learn I wish I would have the extra controls and in body focus motor etc. I will have to see what Nikon does with that new Sony sensor.

Now that I am just rambling on, I want to thank you, Scott, and everyone else on here for inspiring me.

I'm going to assume you are referring to the collective group of Scotts on this board. With so many we should all have a Great Scott meet up someday.

All kidding aside, if even one of my shots inspires anyone I am quite grateful. I recall back when I found this forum that I was scared to post anything. I've learned a ton and still get inspired by all the photos that get posted.

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings by Scott Sanders [ssanders79], on Flickr

Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding - Official Wedding Certificate by Scott Sanders [ssanders79], on Flickr

I was looking through some old photos (P&S) days when I stumbled upon pictures from our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding. What caught my eye was the signature, not that of Mickey or Minnie, but of Al Weiss.

As most of you know Al Weiss the current President of worldwide operations for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts announced his retirement in June and will officially retire on November 1, 2011 ending his 39 year career with the Walt Disney Company.

Even though it is a preprinted signature I still think it's a great keepsake from our wedding.

Goat Island Lighthouse, built 1859 - Kennebunkport, Maine
i-tkcvFfc-XL.jpg

Well...my D80 died yesterday and its off to the Nikon Hospital. :sad2: Sure hope I get it back before my 10/3 WDW vacation!! :rolleyes1

Butchart Gardens, B.C.
ZButchartGardens.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter