Photographing Pets

"Would someone turn off the lights so I can sleep?"

DSC_1114.jpg

Here is Odie enjoying a play in the park.. his first trip of 2009 and he found the best stick ever to play with.. :goodvibes
also my fist real pics with my new Nikon 50mm f/1.4 :) and manual focusing :scared1:

012.jpg

014.jpg

022.jpg

Odie is very cute, looks like 2009 is getting started on a very good foot! I told you manually focusing wasn't that hard...especially in outdoor lighting!! Enjoy the 50mm f/1.4--I have the 1.8 and love it, I'm sure the 1.4 I would love even more :love:

I still love this thread sooo much!! All the kittty pictures are adorable, I miss my kitties :sad1:
Here is my poor Kiki dog at Halloween, every year we dress her up, my other dogs are very glad that they don't have to :laughing:
3169856205_3f786360ce.jpg

This is my parents dog:
3170687268_accc1bf1d4.jpg

Odie is very cute, looks like 2009 is getting started on a very good foot! I told you manually focusing wasn't that hard...especially in outdoor lighting!! Enjoy the 50mm f/1.4--I have the 1.8 and love it, I'm sure the 1.4 I would love even more :love:

Thanks Annnewjerz :goodvibes I did a lot of practising with the manual focusing and i'm starting to get the hang of it although it seems at the moment i can only think about one thing at a time so its either manually focusing or thinking of settings so im still on Auto for these shots :confused3

I WILL get my head together... :laughing:

All the pets posted on here are beautiful, this is one of my favorite threads :love:

I came across some pictures last night of my dog (in signature) when she was a puppy. She is 4yo now. It's funny, you can see in the second picture that even back then she displayed the intensity that is her trademark now. That's her in a nutshell - always alert, curious, ready to spring into action. Love her to pieces. :lovestruc

Picture002.jpg

Picture004.jpg

One of my favorite pics...

tsnow-1.jpg

All I could say was WOW when I saw this pic...I just joined here and found this thread...I too love photography & taking pics of our furbabies is one of them!

I clicked on your link & found that you lost him...he is gorgeous! I'm so sorry...we had a very close call this last summer with our Huskie, Dakota...he is now 13 years old & has amazed us! He still has cancer but is doing and acting just fine considering. I'll be sharing lots of pics soon, but just wanted to say sorry & share at least one pic of our Dakota Puppers...

l_1b477a06d6fa324fede2b0ef93b46cfb.jpg

Not the greatest picture but I had to laugh when I downloaded it from my camera. My cat's name is tinkerbell and she is watching the tinkerbell screen. I just thought it was cute and I had to share it with you. She was watching the fairies fly around the screen I didn't think it would come out that great.

IMG_7691_edited-1-1.jpg

I think I'll share some pictures of our DK (disney Kitties!! teehee)

l_21433d961ea607dfbdfc3a52f231d80b.jpg

This is Kiara, my first kitty... I'm still quite sad and looking at this picture brings tears to my eyes... she has sadly gone to kitty heaven last weekend :( I will miss this evil little thing, her name was very fitting! Kiara means Fiesty in Swahili (which is where all the names from TLK come from) and that she def was!

l_8a1b5118fdedec99ba9caf2abda64e81.jpg

This is Bagheera, our adopted Jungly cat! He is very good and when he wants in or out he just sits there and meows :)

l_1e04d9e78fb69612a9f140c4709cb560.jpg

Heres Tigger doing his favorite thing, Napping!!! He sits like this constantly and we are always laughing because no matter how you sit him, he stays that way

l_0881fed9ac7c5e060bf7c06296c0f6a0.jpg

This is Miss Minnie Mae, and she was born with a Mickey Mouse on her back!! :D I will have to find the picture of her backside :) we figured when she was born she would either be minnie or mickey depending on gender :)

l_fa4693aeb379dc7afc26c56ea790a0ac.jpg

and this big moose is Bandana Baxter, the love of my life :3 teehee... He weighs a whopping 20lbs and is just my best friend ever :) he gives kitty kisses and is used as a drum ( he LOOOOVES drum sticks and comes running) and can usually be found with a Bandana on (hence the whole bandana baxter name).

I will post more of our zoo later :)

Well my daughter beat me too it LOL but that's ok, we have lots of pics to share! Needless to say we do have quite the zoo & I'm glad to see looking through all the posts that we aren't the only pet lovers out there!

bf7a.jpg

Dakota at 10 months

f9ca.jpg

Minnie with her hidden Mickey Mouse!

IMG_0125a.jpg

One of my favs of Tigger

IMG_0361.jpg

Bagheera daydreaming

174f.jpg

Can't forget Lima Bean!

97c2.jpg

Lazy Baxter

IMG_0391.jpg

Kiara... we just lost her last week :(

11-23-08MissDaisytheBitys5.jpg

Miss Daisy

11-23-08MissDaisytheBitys10.jpg

and the Bittys

I think Ces has like 7 or 8 hermies now...I can't keep track! LOL
11-23-08MissDaisytheBitys15.jpg

and we have Mister Stubbs...
CoffeeCups040.jpg

MinnieMae22.png

Minnie

baxterbruce.jpg

Baxter & his Bruce

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter