Picking up currency at Gatwick??

Lisa1976

Lover of all things Disney
Unfortunately I don't get paid until the day we fly next Friday so I have seen that I can pre order my currency through two different people and pick up at the airport, it states that I can pay for it on the day too which would really be helpful.

I have never done this before and just wondered how secure the service is and can I give them cash for cash or will they want me to pay via my debit card?

Thanks for your help.

Lisa

I've done this a few times, you get a much better rate if you pre book, and you can pay cash or card done both as well.

I would imagine you need to pay up front?

Do you not have a pre-paid currency card such as Fairfx? Or post office card I got paid on the second day of our holiday and just went online in a wifi zone to top up (got a better rate this way too) - you can then just withdraw the dollars at an atm in the USA

I think you can go into the post office and collect one there and then - you may need to check with someone who has one - but i know the FairFx one updates your balance within a couple of hours of depositing - never used a Post office one - but maybe some one else can assist.

I've had a FairFX card before and to be honest found it be a complete pain the backside.

I do have a Sun Trust account, but obviously money has to be transferred into Paypal and then into the Sun Trust account which takes a good few days and I don't want Paypal to think i'm money laundering if I do £1,000 at the time, which is why I thought about the airport.

I'm sure I read that I can pay on pick up, hmmm, i'll have to have another read and see what it says.

Its just a pain as we fly on payday, so have to be at the airport early with no chance to get anywhere other than the airport to do the change up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter