• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Picking up tickets early..

He said he has checked the Hub and there have been no advisories posted.

Not the same thing. I do not expect him to do anything, but I do not accept what he has posted as proof of anything. If you were leaving in 2 weeks and had to make a decision whether or not to cancel a 3 day room reservation in the next week (before the 6 day cancellation policy kicks in), you might feel differently.

1. It is hard, if not impossible, to prove a negative.

2. I have not been told of any policy change officially, and have not seen anything (although I have looked) that says this is changing.

3. Note that I only work for Disney no more than two days a week. Hook's Girl, who is not only full-time but is a Guest Relations Trainer at one of the Theme Parks has publicly stated she has not seen anything.

4. You can believe anything you want.

I have a room only reservation at ASSp for 2 nights before checking in for our free dining package at Pop.

I called Walt Disney World Ticketing yesterday to ask about this. The first person I talked to said no you can't pick up tickets early. I told her that I was told by reservations a few months ago that I can do this so that's why I added a room only res and 2 days to my PH tickets. She put me on hold and then transferred me to someone else. I told the story again and this person put me on hold for a couple of minutes.

When she came back she said I can pick up the tickets early. I just have to go to Pop Century to do it. I questioned going to Pop because everything I've read about this is that you go to a park to get your tickets. She said this was per a supervisor. So I said what do I do when I get to Pop and they say they can't do it. She said tell them they can do it per ____ and if they have a problem have them call _____.

I'm not giving names to protect the not so innocent.

I'll let you know if this works in about 3 weeks.

I have a room only reservation at ASSp for 2 nights before checking in for our free dining package at Pop.

I called Walt Disney World Ticketing yesterday to ask about this. The first person I talked to said no you can't pick up tickets early. I told her that I was told by reservations a few months ago that I can do this so that's why I added a room only res and 2 days to my PH tickets. She put me on hold and then transferred me to someone else. I told the story again and this person put me on hold for a couple of minutes.

When she came back she said I can pick up the tickets early. I just have to go to Pop Century to do it. I questioned going to Pop because everything I've read about this is that you go to a park to get your tickets. She said this was per a supervisor. So I said what do I do when I get to Pop and they say they can't do it. She said tell them they can do it per ____ and if they have a problem have them call _____.

LOL! I hope this works out for you and that you'll report back here who helped. We're staying at the POP in December and I'd love to be able to handle it there!

If we have to go to the MK to try it out, at least it won't be a loss. We have one ADR there and one at Chef Mickey........ one monorail stop away. I'd really like to cancel one or the other, but won't do that unless I have a great deal of certainty about what to expect.

1. It is hard, if not impossible, to prove a negative.

2. I have not been told of any policy change officially, and have not seen anything (although I have looked) that says this is changing.

3. Note that I only work for Disney no more than two days a week. Hook's Girl, who is not only full-time but is a Guest Relations Trainer at one of the Theme Parks has publicly stated she has not seen anything.

4. You can believe anything you want.

Again, thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate it! :thumbsup2

I am now about 99.9% positive that you can pick them up early.. and can't wait to hear everyone report back that it did. :thumbsup2

Fortunately I'll have a car so it won't be too bad driving from ASSp to Pop. If I was carless it would be a PITA, especially if I got to Pop and they won't do it.

So if push comes to shove, how many of you are going to say "because Cheshire Figment said so"???? :lmao:

So if push comes to shove, how many of you are going to say "because Cheshire Figment said so"???? :lmao:

Especially when CF didn't say that this wouldn't happen. CF only said that he had not heard of the change and did not believe it. Huge difference.

Here is a thought.

It is very difficult to change something that affects things people have planned a significant ways out like this.

Perhaps they are telling the CRO people to start saying this, so that at some point way down the road, they can change it.

I don't see why they need to change it, but it is what it is.

Here is a thought.

It is very difficult to change something that affects things people have planned a significant ways out like this.

Perhaps they are telling the CRO people to start saying this, so that at some point way down the road, they can change it.

I think this makes sense. I think that in all likelihood, WDW wants to move away from allowing people to pick up tickets early (why? I have no idea) and so they have started pushing the issue with CRO and telling the agents there to start really stressing the message that it will not be allowed. However, my guess is that people will still be able to pick tickets up early as they have in the past at least for a little while longer until WDW feels like they have really gotten the message out. Then I bet we see a full on policy change.

I think right now these strong warnings from CRO are meant to be a deterrant to your average WDW visitor who will hear the warning, not do any more research about the policy and adjust their plans accordingly.

Especially when CF didn't say that this wouldn't happen. CF only said that he had not heard of the change and did not believe it. Huge difference.

Well, you get that I wasn't entirely serious, right?

Besides. CF has never claimed to be running the place. Just a helpful well-informed CM with his ear to the ground. While he doesn't make policy or read minds, I'm sure he'll report it here the minute there's something firm to report.

Well, you get that I wasn't entirely serious, right?

Besides. CF has never claimed to be running the place. Just a helpful well-informed CM with his ear to the ground. While he doesn't make policy or read minds, I'm sure he'll report it here the minute there's something firm to report.

::yes:: exactly, and I am not doubting him for one second, if it was MY vacation, I would totally do it...

but when booking my clients trips, I have to say what I am told :goodvibes

Here is a thought.

I agree with this! Back long ago, when I made my ressies, I was told nothing of this. (And I intend to forget this entire thread during the flight to MCO. ;) ) If I had NOT read anything about this, I would still expect to get my tix 2 days before my package begins. That's how I'm playing it when I get there in a couple of weeks.

It may be a change that is eventually coming. For those of us who were not informed when we made our call for reservations, they really have no way of enforcing it. Unless they are going to refund my money for the extra day of passes that I've already paid for, right there on the spot.

Looks like nothing has changed, at least for now.

Looks like package tickets can still be obtained up to 3 days in advance.

Looks like Disney MIGHT be getting ready to change this in the future.

Looks like we need to keep track, as time goes by.

Looks like nothing has changed, at least for now.

Looks like package tickets can still be obtained up to 3 days in advance.

Looks like Disney MIGHT be getting ready to change this in the future.

Looks like we need to keep track, as time goes by.

I have decided to keep my extra reservation and give it a try. I check in on the 25th, and will be attempting the early ticket pickup at DTD GS. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

So glad to see this thread. We have booked for January. My dh is doing the Goofy Challenge and I made a room only reservations at FQ for 3 nights (in on the Thurs. out on Sunday.) Then I made a 2nd reservation beginning the Sunday with the FD package. I did this totally on instinct and am SO relieved to see that it is (a) allowed, and (b) hoping now that we can keep the same room (assuming we like it) to avoid having to move Marathon Sunday morning without my dh to lug baggages. And finally, if dd and I can access tix early, we will park while dh is running his crazy head off.

:cutie:

Fingers crossed they will still allow 3 day advance pick up in Jan. But, if they don't surely dd and I can find *something* to do.... (that means shopping at DTD)

Best,

Kelli :lovestruc

:rotfl: love the picture! :thumbsup2 yes, I can't wait to hear about it..

Please let us know what they say

see.. this right here scares me.. do you work at guest services?

I promised to let everyone know what Disney said when I emailed them about this issue, I just heard back a few minutes ago, here is the response, copied and pasted- Note the disclaimer at the end, so even if they had said it was possible, they could re-nig between now and your trip:

Dear Joanna,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Although we appreciate your interest, please know, Magic Your Way
tickets purchased in conjunction with a vacation package reservation are
not available or provided prior to the check in date of the vacation
package reservation.

We hope this information is helpful.

Joanna, we look forward to your visit to the Walt Disney World Resort
and hope that your time with us is magical.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

Sincerely,

Ronda Kendall
WDW Online Communications

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and
should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

I promised to let everyone know what Disney said when I emailed them about this issue, I just heard back a few minutes ago, here is the response, copied and pasted- Note the disclaimer at the end, so even if they had said it was possible, they could re-nig between now and your trip:

Dear Joanna,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Although we appreciate your interest, please know, Magic Your Way
tickets purchased in conjunction with a vacation package reservation are
not available or provided prior to the check in date of the vacation
package reservation.

We hope this information is helpful.

Joanna, we look forward to your visit to the Walt Disney World Resort
and hope that your time with us is magical.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

Sincerely,

Ronda Kendall
WDW Online Communications

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and
should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

I also emailed them and I will post what I hear back. That is so frustrating!!! I wish you got the same information from EVERYONE at Disney. It seems to me the policy changes from person to person and from day to day! :headache:

Yeah. That's what they told me too. :confused3 My trip is not until December. For now I am crossing my fingers that Chesire Figment is correct. I would love to hear from someone who tried to pick up there tickets early in the past week. I would like to know if they had any problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter