Picture development onboard?

lbgraves

Little Cinderella's Mommy
I think that I have read that you can have your film developed onboard the Magic. Is that true? How much does a 24 roll cost? I am thinking this would be the best option on our 7 day so that we have the chance to do retakes on some pictures if they don't come out the first time...also it will let us share the pictures with family the next week when we visit them. :) Of course, I will have to take an extra album to put them in to keep the fingerprints off.

They do develop film on board. You can drop it off at the cashier's at Shutters. I don't remember specifically how much it cost to develop a roll, but I do remember it was pretty pricey, as you'd expect.

Actually the prices were very reasonable. They have the pictures back to you the next day, and it's a great way to see if your shots turned out. I had all of my film developed on board and it was wonderful.

I don't have a list of the pricing, but I do recommend this.

Sue Ellen

been there, done that...

$ 13.80 to develop and print a roll of 27. I used a "disposable" camera on Castaway Cay. The pictures came out great.

Drop the film off and it is done after 5pm the next day. This means, on a 7 night cruise, you would have to drop the film off no later than Thursday evening.

Oh, and they sell photo albums at Shutters too !

Now, if they could only print my digital images... maybe some day.

I would have to agree with SueEllen! The prie to develop a roll of film on the Magic was actually very comparable to what we pay here in central Florida.

In fact, I think we spent about $75 getting all of our film developed from our November voyage on the Magic!

I had rolls developed onboard last year on the Magic and I did not think the quality was good at all, at least not compared to Costco where we ususally bring our pictures. The price was comprable to places around here but the quality was far less.

MJ

I absolutely LOVE having my pictures developed at Shutters! That way I know if they came out or need to be retaken or maybe just buy what Shutters took. I spend a lot on the ones they take but have also come home only to learn that the ones I took had come out just as well. Developing on ship is no more expensive then having them done at my local photo shop, but a heck of a lot more convenient - PLUS when I get home, I can show them off faster!!!!

You get a pin that you can trade with every development. Those pins go over very well at MK, Epcot, MGM and AK!!

Rae

Thanks for the pin info Rae. :) I was expecting the price to be higher but that is more than double what I pay here. The pin makes it a bit more managible and since we will be spending a day at the MK after the cruise, we may be able to trade for a bigger variety of pins. I am ordering the Kellogg's Lanyards so the kids will be all set to start collecting. :)

Pins?

No pins for us. On the 3/16 Wonder, you received a "free" 4x6 photo of the ship with each roll developed.

$13.80!!!!!
Wow I just looked at three rolls of 27 I have here from our trip. $3.78, $4.28 and $4.28 at Costco.
Thats Canadian too. Which means they are under $3.00 U.S. per roll.
Will be sticking to my digital and bring my disposables home for processing :)
"Nice" to see them on board but NOT in that big a hurry ;)
Cheers,
Grumbo

I guess that will stregnthen my argument for going on another cruise? ;)

Good point lbgraves!
Think I'll just forget my camera next time. Perfect "excuse" as if we need one to go back again :)
Talking with friends tonight that are going with us on the Eastern next year. We ALL can't wait.
Cheers,
Grumbo

Since this is our first cruise & trip to the MK I am already hoping that I can convince DH to rebook on the ship. :) I received the passporter this afternoon and have almost finished reading thru it. DH has been looking at it too. I think that will help him catch the bug. I had tears of joy when I was looking over the activities. Can't imagine how I am going to feel when November gets here. I don't think I was this excited this early planning our wedding.

We got the picture and the pins. Sometimes you have to "remind" them to give you the pins!!! Especially when they get busy.

Rae

Oops, yes, they DID give us the pin ! ...

...but my DD8 grabbed it up so fast from the CM that I never saw it.

Sorry:(

Thanks Rae! I just saw that in the Passporter today & figured that might be the case. I will definantly remind them. ;)

Depending on when you go to Shutters, there can be quite a large crowd and many people take a lot of time asking questions that require several explanations - so it's just a case of the CM's being very busy and trying to please everyone and provide fast and efficient service.

I am sure if you go back and mention it to them, you can get a pin.
Now THAT is a good excuse to cruise if I ever heard one!!!

Rae

Reading these replies brought many tears to my eyes once again. I wish I would have known that you could develop your film on board. I litterally ran my film in to the one hour photo place the minute I got home just to find out that not 1 picture turned out. I cried for six hours staight. My daughters face still haunts me when I had to tell her that the pictures of her and all the princesses at the princess party did not turn out and when I told my son that him and Goofy were know only in our memories. I still cannot believe that happened to us (we saved six years for that once in a liftime trip). So, if you want my opinion, get them done so you do have time to take retakes if needed.

On a lighter note, my entire family are now planning a 2005 Cruise. It's so far away but you can be sure I will have a GOOD camera with me and be developing on board.

Have FUN:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

How terrible!!! I think that experience is pushing me more towards swallowing the extra expense on the ship. I don't want to have to go thru what you did. Glad that you are already planning another trip. :)

In the "old days" of mailing your film to be developed, we lost two rolls of our trip to Devil's Tower in Wyoming - included in that were the wild horses that came flying past us, buffalo on the open range, and my children's faces as we showed them sights they had only heard/read about.

From now on, I get film developed whereever I am at because at least it's "in house" and if they don't turn out, I can get a second chance.

And as we both know, there is no way to get those pictures once they are gone.

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter