Pirates 2018 Refurb

I only wish it was starting and reopening just a touch earlier. We'll be there until March 9.

When Disney announced the change this year they said it would happen in 2018. All major Disney news sites are reporting it at this time. I am actually surprised at how short the refurb is. I thought it would be longer.

I expected it - it wasn't a shock because they had said "early 2018." I'm still disappointed because it's my bf's first trip. But it does seem surprisingly short! I'm just being greedy and wishing it was even shorter. ;)

I am actually surprised it will be that quick of a refurb.

yeah, really only 3 weeks, not long at all. Guess if it is the same scene they put in to the Paris version it should go pretty smoothly, but you would think just a bit more time for testing and other refurbs and stuff. Plus, doesn't it even take like a day just to drain or fill it?

yeah, really only 3 weeks, not long at all. Guess if it is the same scene they put in to the Paris version it should go pretty smoothly, but you would think just a bit more time for testing and other refurbs and stuff. Plus, doesn't it even take like a day just to drain or fill it?
Yeah I would think they would clean up the rest of the ride a bit too.

I wonder about the auctioneer's voice for this, Are they going to have to record something completely new? I'd hate to lose Paul Frees' sound

I wonder about the auctioneer's voice for this, Are they going to have to record something completely new? I'd hate to lose Paul Frees' sound
I feel like the other pirates can and hopefully will still still shout "We wants the redhead". They could be clamoring for her goods.

It was down for very long periods of time during our last trip - I don't know if this is a recurring issue but it was kind of annoying, and curious if they'd take a look at anything that might be causing frequent break-downs (besides its old age...).... although with that brief of a time period I would guess not.

I've heard that they might keep the line but change the context. it's all speculation though.

Shame it'll be down for so long though. Definitely a classic attraction I would hate to miss during my vacation.

I've heard that they might keep the line but change the context. it's all speculation though.

Shame it'll be down for so long though. Definitely a classic attraction I would hate to miss during my vacation.

Three weeks really isn’t that long.

Three weeks really isn’t that long.
Has it been confirmed that what we're getting is the Disneyland Paris Pirates? Sorry if I'm out of the loop. I try to keep up on things but I'm new to the boards.
I guess 3 weeks isn't too long, but still a bummer for those who have to miss out on it.

Has it been confirmed that what we're getting is the Disneyland Paris Pirates? Sorry if I'm out of the loop. I try to keep up on things but I'm new to the boards.
I guess 3 weeks isn't too long, but still a bummer for those who have to miss out on it.
We are getting the red head scene they got. Not the full Paris version.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter