Pirates League Questions

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
We are traveling with my niece and nephew the last week of August, and they are interested in one of the pirate and mermaid packages at MK. I know nothing about this, other than the prices I found online. Where do they go for this? Is it difficult to book like BBB can be? Is it offered every day? How far in advance can I make an appointment and can I make the appointment online? Appreciate any help - this is a new one for me!

The Pirates League is located right outside the POTC ride. Yes, its offered daily. 180 days out and personally speaking, I recommend making a reservation as soon as you can within the 180 day window and like BBB you have to call to make an appt.

The Pirates League is located right outside the POTC ride. Yes, its offered daily. 180 days out and personally speaking, I recommend making a reservation as soon as you can within the 180 day window and like BBB you have to call to make an appt.

Thank you! About how long does the appointment take? Trying to figure out what time of day is best for it. Thanks!

When we got there in mid afternoon they were pretty backed up and it took us about 1-1/2 hrs from check-in to completion. Time sitting in the chair I would say it was about 1/2 hr. We're not rope drop people, but if I was, I would book a first morning appt. (plus they'll get to enjoy walking around the entire day in pirate/mermaid gear and the face paint).

Echo the same - we did it two years ago and are doing it again in April. We are going with the 10:00am time slot so we can get a few rides in, then the kids can walk around all day dressed up. My son loved it last time and can't wait for it this time either. We got there 15 min early and were out in an hour - there's less risk of a delay earlier in the morning.

My DD did this. It is a cool experience. It takes about 45-60 min. The actual prep time in the chair is not as long, but you usually have to wait for pictures after the actual make-over is complete. You can book 180 days out. You should book as soon as you can as it does fill up just like BBB. It is offered everyday right next to POTC. I believe you have to call for an appointment. At least we did the last time DD did it, but that was over a year ago.

My DD did this. It is a cool experience. It takes about 45-60 min. The actual prep time in the chair is not as long, but you usually have to wait for pictures after the actual make-over is complete. You can book 180 days out. You should book as soon as you can as it does fill up just like BBB. It is offered everyday right next to POTC. I believe you have to call for an appointment. At least we did the last time DD did it, but that was over a year ago.

Can you explain the picture process after the make-over is complete? Is it worth waiting around for or can I just take some pictures on my own and be on our way? Would the kids be missing out on anything? 5 year old is becoming Jake the Pirate and Daughter is getting the Mermaid make-up. Thanks!

My kids had a blast at Pirates League! The cast member checking us in for our appointment was a hoot! She kept teasing my DD about taking her Duffy bear. It was so cute! The Cast Members doing the hair and makeup were fantastic and stayed in character the entire time! What a great experience!
Here is a picture of the Mermaid and pirate makeup.

Attachments

• 182676_2868784535648_1710179033_n.jpg
    182676_2868784535648_1710179033_n.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 35
Can you explain the picture process after the make-over is complete? Is it worth waiting around for or can I just take some pictures on my own and be on our way? Would the kids be missing out on anything? 5 year old is becoming Jake the Pirate and Daughter is getting the Mermaid make-up. Thanks!

I would stick around and get the pictures. They take you into a "secret room" where they take the pictures. They make it part of the overall experience. If you have Memory Maker, those photos are included. Here is a pic they took of my daughter

Pirates.Leag..jpg

My daughter went for the pirate look - the dress we didn't get in Disney.

IMG_2282 (3).JPG

Yes, stick around for the picture taking - they'll likely have someone out front by the Pirate's League sign too when you're leaving and those were GREAT when we got them. Also, if you can't get an appointment or one at the time you want, keep trying back as your trip gets closer. I called again a few days before we left and they had a few options that had opened up right around when I'd originally wanted them. It's definitely worth it! My daughters were 8 and 6 at the time and loved it.

I don't know if they just were off the day we went but during the last week of January, there was not a photographer in the picture room. We went in there once DD was all dressed up and had time to take our own pictures but they told us that they no longer had a photographer there. They directed us to one that was outside. He was right out front but only took like four kind of crummy pictures. I was kind of disappointed by that because I'd been hoping for that part of the experience.

Other than that though, it was awesome. My four year old DD got a pirate makeover and we bought her the dress and she was awestruck by the whole thing. Our pirate makeover lady was great and did this whole thing about all the roles that DD's family (me (Mom), DH, and the grandparents) would have on her ship and who had to swab the deck and all kind of silly stuff. It was lots of fun and a really special experience. They did make up and a manicure and gave her all sorts of little pirate trinket things.

Also, after probably twenty minutes DD decided that she "had to get this stuff off her face" and she even ditched the dress. So that was $120 down the drain. But it was Disney magic while it lasted!

Sorry to bring sad news, but they haven't had the Jake package in over a year now. I know it's still on the website, but they discontinued it in January 2016.

Edited to add: Reports are that it was brought back last fall. This is contrary to what phone CM told me in January at my 180 day mark (and wouldn't let me make a Jake reservation)

Last edited:
Does anyone remember if they had clothes for bigger sized kids? I'm guessing my daughter will want to buy an outfit but even though she's 7, she wears kids size 14.

I would wait for the pictures for sure, they took him back for them as soon as he was done, so there really was no wait. It's also where they get their "pirate treasure" if I remember, it's been 4 years since my son did it. But the picture they take are very nice! Here is his:

537310_10201758821605459_1884183417_n.jpg

Has anyone been recently to confirm whether or not there is a Photopass photographer in "the secret room?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter