Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

I managed to do something between spraining/fracturing my right thumb

Oh no. That sounds horrible and a really inconvenient injury.

Great trip plans. I don't mind having trips that aren't all planned out. Our July trip was sort of like that. Well others would still think I had it all planned out but to us it was low-key and laid back (says the crazy lady refreshing the MDE app every 30 seconds).

I'm surprised that Frontierland was really crowded for the parade. I thought most people liked to watch on Main St. Hmm I need to rethink what we're going to do in August. I was thinking we'd go there for the parade because when we did the Christmas party Main St was a bad experience for us. That's almost 8 months from now so I can focus on something else like ADRs that need to be made in February. I'll be stalking dining reports until then. And after then.

I love all the magic shots people are getting at the parties. As much as I'd love to meet some of the characters at the party, I don't feel like waiting in line for a long time to do it. I'd rather stick to magic shots.

Boo to Br'er Rabbit not meeting with people or getting a quick pic. The CMs are the same way when the Country Bears roam around. My daughter just wanted a pic with one and the CM was not having it. I get not wanting the bear to get occupied with one person but one pic and he could leave. That's it. Those bears need to make it to the hoedown so I guess they don't have a lot of time for pics.

Have fun on your next trip!

img_0438-jpeg.374581
Awwwwww #worthit

may go over to Tutto Gusto in Epcot
I think I want to try this on our next Adults only trip! Have you been in there before?

I managed to do something between spraining/fracturing my right thumb, which makes it a bit tough and painful to type :scared:
Oh no! I hope it feels better soon.

Am I killing some of you with our extremely non-structured touring plan :P I know, and if the kids were with us I'd have it more planned for sure. Neither of us care so much about rides this time (well, except TOT for me) we really just want to check out the festival and eat some HOPEFULLY good food.
I think that is kind of what we liked about the adults only trip. A bit more relaxed and go wiht the flow.

As luck would have it, Br'er Bear was still roaming when they finished. I stalked him and stalked him until the CM blinked and I got to do this:

img_0438-jpeg.374581
YEAH!!!!!!

Usually I'm impress with Capt. Jack and can easily see my BF Johnny in him, but not so. Even Steve commented that he didn't see my BF Johnny in "that guy".
I so agree, I saw the picture and thought least Johnny Depp looking “Jack” I have seen, oh by the way he is my BF, you must be mistaken, lol!

I made Steve stick around as I knew the Cadaver Dans were coming out soon:
I love these guys, always fun to watch while waiting for the parade!

OK enough of that, now it was time to get a spot for my all-time favorite Disney parade!
Hands down my favorite Disney parade! It is one of the reasons I keep going to the parties!

I got really far behind so I'm kind of glad you did too!

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!

BBQ Bacon Burger
topped with cheddar cheese, Applewood-smoked bacon, crispy jalapeños, sautéed bourbon onions, and Memphis BBQ sauce served with French fries

img_8905-jpg.371496

That looks delicious! I'm always up for a good burger ::yes:: My current WDW favorite is at GP :love:

And a partridge in a pear tree :santa:

:rotfl:

We loved eating in the lounge every time, i

I can see why! Nice spread!

Most fun was having our granddaughter Hayden around though!

img_0555-jpg.372181

She's adorable! There's something about having a baby around that brings life to the holidays. And they get more and more fun as they get older. My 3 year-old niece was a hoot this Christmas :lovestruc

Yup, we're going to be grandparents again in July!!

That's awesome! Congratulations! I didn't realize this was not from the same son though. Is this the one who went to Disney with you to meet his girlfriend?

I managed to do something between spraining/fracturing my right thumb, which makes it a bit tough and painful to type :scared: Which is exactly what I have to do for work, so..........

Ouch! Hope you're feeling better!

Am I killing some of you with our extremely non-structured touring plan :P

I love it! The more I go, the less I stress about plans :P

As luck would have it, Br'er Bear was still roaming when they finished. I stalked him and stalked him until the CM blinked and I got to do this:

img_0438-jpeg.374581

Awesome! He knocked your ears off!

The parade was about to start! But before I get to that here's a pretty cool shot of the HM I was able to take while waiting:

img_8946-jpg.374588

:love:

Glad you finally got your hug. Odd they weren't allowing them to meet. We did randomly run Fox and Bear into them in AK one day. Thankfully with no one up their butts

That's fabulous! Was this recent? Casey looks so little :-)

Is that Chris with a HUGE SMILE on his face?

Congrats on being grandparents again! And the current one is just ADORABLE!
Sorry about the sprained thumb...weird things like that are sometimes much worse than "normal" ones because you never realize how much you use some muscles until you can't use them!
Love the party pics! I have plans to go this year and can not wait!!

Am I killing some of you with our extremely non-structured touring plan :P I know, and if the kids were with us I'd have it more planned for sure. Neither of us care so much about rides this time (well, except TOT for me) we really just want to check out the festival and eat some HOPEFULLY good food. You don't know this yet, but while we had a couple great meals in Nov. we also had too many food fails and I need to make up for that! Thanks for listening to my little sob story and reading through my (almost non existent) plans. Now on with the show!
We don't care too much about rides anymore. when it is just the two of us I will book the "usual suspects" - the rides that we like the most, for the mornings, usually, then leave afternoons and evenings open. But if we are traveling with family we have a carefully planned trip.

I'm not big on doing these but so many of the party specific shots were awesome that I'd decided we needed to do them:
Those are cute Magic Shots. I like your shirts. :)

We watched the Halloween parade from Frontireland and the lightening wasn't very good. My favorite spot is Town Square because it isn't too crowded and they are easy to see coming around the circle.

I hope you and Steve have a fun trip. We are going for four days in Feb - the 23rd to 27th.

I'm curious to read about your hits and misses from November. You'll have to hurry up with that one. ;)

This is another brunch I'd love to do sometime and one you really don't hear anything about. After doing a little more shopping we went back to the GF.
I really want to do this brunch too! One trip I will finally get there.

Scone anyone?
Just give me ALL the scones. And the cream AND the jam!

Most fun was having our granddaughter Hayden around though!
She is adorable!

most likely try Morimoto for dinner
-possibly attempt AGAIN to get to Jellyrolls
Both are on our list for July so I'll be eager to hear your thoughts on them.

I made Steve stick around as I knew the Cadaver Dans were coming out soon:
I was so sad I missed seeing them at my first MNSSHP! Next time for sure.

I'm laughing at the the thought of you stealthily stalking Br'er Bear through Fronteirland!

The parade was about to start! But before I get to that here's a pretty cool shot of the HM I was able to take while waiting:
Love this picture!

I've just been slammed with work since the 30th, and on top of that through a series of unfortunate events (well, one stupid event) I managed to do something between spraining/fracturing my right thumb, which makes it a bit tough and painful to type :scared:
Ouch! Is your thumb doing better?

Great shot

This is the one I really wanted to make sure we got:
Definitely the Halloween PP shots are so cool

Usually I'm impress with Capt. Jack and can easily see my BF Johnny in him, but not so. Even Steve commented that he didn't see my BF Johnny in "that guy".
That's a shame we loved the previous Capt. Jack
He actually had a CM up his butt pretty much the whole time
:rotfl:

He hugged you're ear off lol

Beautiful shot ::yes::

I hope you and Steve have a great trip :hug:

Hi Arianne. I'm Kari. I like long walks on the beach, Disney, and fermented fruit :P
Hi Kari, you sound like my kind of gal. Maybe we should meet up in Disney one day and suck down some drinks with fermented fruit in them :drinking1

Glad you finally got your hug. Odd they weren't allowing them to meet. We did randomly run Fox and Bear into them in AK one day. Thankfully with no one up their butts
We met them years ago in AK, nobody stuck in any of their orifices! I wish they met regularly, they could meet in Frontierland where Woody and Jessie used to meet. Hey! Maybe I should go work for Disney!

This exactly! I need to do our party update from our sept. trip and just haven't had time. But if I had done the update, I would have said this almost exactly. I really wanted a quick picture with each of them too but no such luck for us.
It's crazy they don't let the rare characters meet, I didn't end up seeing her but I heard Cruella was the same :( Just wandering around, being fun and interacting a bit with guests but no actual meet.
By the way, we leave tomorrow for our 5th trip! :banana:
You're there now :cheer2: I hope you're having a wonderful time, and I bet you're leaving about when we get down there next weekend lol!

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that. :headache: Hopefully you'll be feeling much better soon :thumbsup2
:thanks: It's definitely better but I messed it up bad :guilty:

Awesome! Love this shot. And your patience paid off ;)
::yes:: Look out CM, Ima comin' for da bear!

That's clearly not Jack Sparrow. That is an imposter.
It is! "Will the real Jack Sparrow please stand up, please stand up, please stand up" (you may be too young to get that reference :laughing:)

Awesome January trip plans!! I didn't realize this was a no kids trip...
Yup, some may say the best kind of trip lol. Neither kid wants to miss school again - well, Ricky is fine not going to school but hates having to make up the work, whereas Chris actually hates missing school. So it's just us! Actually the 3 Disney trips I have planned this year are all kid-free!

Try The Wave for breakfast on Tuesday or Boma...:D
LOVE them both :thumbsup2 I've been considering the Wave for Tuesday, we've only done that once and I've been wanting to go back

I LOVE your January plans. I like the go with the flow trips. There are nice...and I'll miss Disney so much this year. :(
I will not believe you're skipping Disney ALL year till I see it!

I'm with you (and other posters) on that being so NOT like Jack Sparrow...disappointing!
I guess it's the budget cuts :sad2: cutting realistic looking actors. I've seen pictures of some questionable looking princesses lately too I hate to say.

Can't wait for your Thanksgiving report...maybe you'll get to the full one before I get to mine...plus hopefully you have our photo from our way-too-short meet! :)
I'm dying to start it, debating whether I should do it this week before we go away! And yes of course I have our picture :goodvibes and will feature it in both my dining AND TR lol

Oh no. That sounds horrible and a really inconvenient injury.
Extremely inconvenient :headache: I keep doing things without thinking first that it will hurt, and then it hurts more!

Great trip plans. I don't mind having trips that aren't all planned out. Our July trip was sort of like that. Well others would still think I had it all planned out but to us it was low-key and laid back (says the crazy lady refreshing the MDE app every 30 seconds).
lol, I now it drives some people crazy not to have each day planned down to a T, with a schedule of the order they'll ride rides. I can't do it Steve wouldn't like it, my boys wouldn't, and I know we'd be switching it up anyway so what's the point??? Definitely do more of a schedule as far as FP's and dining when the boys come though just because they don't want to sit around as much, walk around Epcot, etc.

I'm surprised that Frontierland was really crowded for the parade. I thought most people liked to watch on Main St. Hmm I need to rethink what we're going to do in August. I was thinking we'd go there for the parade because when we did the Christmas party Main St was a bad experience for us.
Well, it was a crowded party :rolleyes: I'm sure Main St. was worse! I still suggest watching from Frontierland because it's one of the least crowded areas, and hopefully your party won't be on the overly crowded side!

The CMs are the same way when the Country Bears roam around. My daughter just wanted a pic with one and the CM was not having it.
I know, that's annoying too! I did manage to get a picture with Big Al once when the CM walked away briefly lol, but mostly I watch other people try running after them as they're running away from guests!

Awwwwww #worthit
:love:

I think I want to try this on our next Adults only trip! Have you been in there before?
No, I wanted to go once but Steve didn't; now he does! I've recently read a couple more great reviews of it and so did he so I think we're really going to try hitting it up.

I think that is kind of what we liked about the adults only trip. A bit more relaxed and go wiht the flow.
Definitely what we like. Even though our kids are older it's still much easier to rearrange plans when they aren't along; less people to agree basically lol.

I so agree, I saw the picture and thought least Johnny Depp looking “Jack” I have seen, oh by the way he is my BF, you must be mistaken, lol!
Um, I must fight you in May pirate:

Hands down my favorite Disney parade! It is one of the reasons I keep going to the parties!
It's really the MAIN reason I keep wanting to do the party! I love the song, I know it gets on some peoples' nerves but I could listen to "Boo to You" all day :goodvibes

Merry Christmas!
Ha ha and Happy New Year!
And an early Happy Valentine's Day if we both get behind again :rotfl2:

That looks delicious! I'm always up for a good burger ::yes:: My current WDW favorite is at GP :love:
Chris and Steve love the burgers at GP!

That's awesome! Congratulations! I didn't realize this was not from the same son though. Is this the one who went to Disney with you to meet his girlfriend?
This IS the one who went to Disney to meet his GF, but luckily not that girlfriend. However not sure how much better this one is...........
I shouldn't say that. She seems like a sweetheart, hopefully she is, long story but none of us have known her long.................but we're having another grandbaby!!! I want a grandson; we may be finding out tomorrow!

I love it! The more I go, the less I stress about plans :P
Same here :)

Is that Chris with a HUGE SMILE on his face?
Yes because it's Christmas and he got what he wanted; he always smiles when he gets what he wants lmao!!

Sorry about the sprained thumb...weird things like that are sometimes much worse than "normal" ones because you never realize how much you use some muscles until you can't use them!
That's the truth, I've found so many simple yet necessary things I do each day that I can't do, like turn the key in my car with my right hand now. KILLS me! It's better but I've re-hurt it a few times, too #annoyingashell

Love the party pics! I have plans to go this year and can not wait!!
I'm excited for you, even a more crowded MNSSHP is awesome!

We don't care too much about rides anymore. when it is just the two of us I will book the "usual suspects" - the rides that we like the most, for the mornings, usually, then leave afternoons and evenings open. But if we are traveling with family we have a carefully planned trip.
That's mainly what I do with FP's, book our favorites and don't worry about rope dropping most of the time, don't care if we "miss" some of the big ones. Much different when we take the boys because they don't want to wander Epcot like we do and they want to get on as many rides as we can, so I have to try to optimize that!

I like your shirts. :)
:thanks:

I hope you and Steve have a fun trip. We are going for four days in Feb - the 23rd to 27th.
I saw that in the WL thread, have a great time!

I'm curious to read about your hits and misses from November. You'll have to hurry up with that one. ;)
I SO want to get that started! I don't think I've ever waited this long to start a report after my trip..............

EEK! Ouch! So sorry about your thumb; such a bummer!
No good! BTW how are you feeling?

I love them during the Party! So funny and corny in a spooky way!
They're facial expressions while singing were great, too!

Oy yeah, nice one! The colors are great in this one!
Again such a compliment coming from you :hug:

She is adorable!
Thank you, we think so :goodvibes and she prefers me over Steve so I like that lol

Both are on our list for July so I'll be eager to hear your thoughts on them.
I promise to review them either here or in my TR asap after we return!

I'm laughing at the the thought of you stealthily stalking Br'er Bear through Fronteirland!
:laughing: I think I looked like a moron, just staring at him and everyone who got close :bitelip:

Ouch! Is your thumb doing better?
Mmm, a bit. Overall yes, but I still can't do certain things and I hurt it BAD again while cleaning a stupid bathroom the other day :sad2: I have a feeling I should see a doctor, but that takes time lol

I hope you and Steve have a great trip :hug:
Thank you!!

This IS the one who went to Disney to meet his GF, but luckily not that girlfriend. However not sure how much better this one is...........
I shouldn't say that. She seems like a sweetheart, hopefully she is, long story but none of us have known her long.................but we're having another grandbaby!!! I want a grandson; we may be finding out tomorrow!

That's amazing! Congratulations, and I hope you get your boy! :-)

Just found your TR and went through the whole thing last night and today.
What an amazing trip! That suite is ridonkulous!! Wow!
I am also enjoying living vicariously through you a bit as I would like to get my drink on more in WDW but I am just too cheap for that! LOL.

Hi all ! This might be short on words because my thumb is not much better :rolleyes: I believe a doctors visit is in order once I return from DISNEY!!!

Speaking of, our trip was supposed to begin this Sunday with a 6:30 AM flight down. But as luck would have it our first big snowstorm of the year is also supposed to be coming around that time.

What to do what-to-do........:scratchin

Change that flight to Saturday morning at 10:30 AM! Yup, we made the decision to move our flight a couple days ago because seats were going fast on all Saturday flights from our two closest airports and luckily this was fine with my mom. Steve's one request was that we go on the cheap for that night :( so we are staying at All Star Movies Saturday which will be new to both of us but, BUT, I was able to get my TA rate at Beach lub for our original three nights so now we are there instead of French Quarter!! Whoo!!! Not that I minded French Quarter but I definitely prefer Beach lub! We'e stayed at Boardwalk four times Yacht once and Beach one but we were in the Villas, so I'm looking forward to being in the main building. Maybe I will request @kastoney's scaffolding view from her August trip........

Moving on, with an extra day now I couldn't help thinking about Saturday plans. What to do, what-to-do............:scratchin How about.....

Book DAH at HS for Saturday!
Guess what I'm going to ride over and over and over!!

IMG_4055.JPG

Hmm, it's going to be cold but hopefully the skies aren't as dark! First picture I grabbed though. Seriously I'm SO excited about this, I'm giddy! Like when you have Kohl's cash AND a 30% off coupon both good at the SAME TIME giddy! What I decided is this:

Saturday, 1/19:
arrive approx 1:15; go to AS Movies to drop bags, go to DS. Made Morimoto reservation at 5:00 through Open Table in case we don't make it and then take bus to Yacht Club and boat to HS. DAH starts at 8:30 but you can get in at 7.
Sunday 1/20:

Don't wake up too early, check out and head right to Epcot for some festival stuff. Keeping Citricos dinner and want to watch HEA from there, however I believe the high for the day right now is 65 and the low is 40 so not sure if we'll want to sit outside!
Monday 1/21:
Going to change our HS FP's to something else if I get around to it. Holding out for finally getting to Jellyrolls!
Tuesday 1/22:
Keeping our MK FP's and that's all I got, other than going back to Epcot if we want to do more festival stuff.

Still want to eat at Tutto Gusto and I'm kind of feeling Yak and Yeti, too! That's it for now. Fingers crossed the storm doesn't shift now to Sunday! So far it' looking good and I'm really excited about this trip :goodvibes I even picked up just a couple new things when I went to the Disney outlet before New Years:

IMG_0590.JPG

I have a similar white fleece with Minnie on it but it only has a half zip; however I couldn't resist this with Maleficient!

It's going to be on the chilly side while we're down there; Sunday's high is predicted to be 60 with a low in the 40's so another long sleeve Disney shirt was perfect:

IMG_0588.JPG

How about some more Sept trip now?

Still Hangin' With Dead Folk
MNSSHP Con't
We were about to watch my favorite parade in all of Disney:

IMG_8964.JPG

Now that it's going on 3 months past Halloween you've all seen numerous pics from the party, so I'll just show you a few of my fave pics from the parade. Which are basically just the few that came out decent:

IMG_8973.JPG

IMG_8992.JPG

IMG_E8986.JPG

Now, after parade fulfillment and enough time stalking some Br'er's it was time to finally leave Frontierland. We were headed to the not-to-miss attraction when you're at a Halloween party, Haunted Mansion! I needed to see Madame Carlotta, our last party in 2014 was, I believe, the year she started coming out, and we'd missed her both times we went to see her. This time we were in luck:

IMG_9002.JPG

If you haven't stopped to listen to her and you're ever at a party - DO IT. She's hysterical with her guest interactions, both with children and adults!
On our way out I did another PP pic:

hatbox1.jpg

hatbox2.jpg

Seriously the best PP ops this party, I hope they bring lots of them back or add more cool ones this year! Speaking of, hello super early release date on party dates/tickets!
After this we went over to Peter Pan which had a 20 minute wait. You would think less for a party but remember, it was crowded. I like riding this at least once a trip and hadn't yet, and I really don't mind the queue since it's so cute now! Next we searched for Cruella which was a bust so backtracked in to Liberty Square for another PP pic. Unfortunately I'm at my photo limit so I'll share that next time, when we return from Disney!

Just found your TR and went through the whole thing last night and today.
:welcome: I'm glad you're following along and hope you're enjoying!

What an amazing trip! That suite is ridonkulous!! Wow!
OMG it was seriously crazy! In Nov. when we pulled up to Saratoga Springs Chris asked, "can we be upgraded here like you guys were at the Grand Floridian?" No chance buddy no chance :laughing: But really we are so grateful we got to experience that once! ONCE lol

I am also enjoying living vicariously through you a bit as I would like to get my drink on more in WDW but I am just too cheap for that! LOL
I hear you, it definitely gets expensive drinking there We drink more when we don't have the kids - but still drink when we do ;)

Have a great trip. We are still not to be getting alot of snow. But I am kind of hoping they are wrong. I am hopgin for a snow day or something!

Have you guys been to Morimotos yet? Get the ribs!

Awwww, I love this and the quote at the bottom!!!

I have never been to WDW at Halloween, and probably won't until I retire from teaching!! ......of course, I always thought I'd never get to be there for my birthday until I retired from teaching, and I have a countdown right now that says otherwise, so I guess you never know!!! :)

Have a wonderful trip!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter