Planet Hollywood

Rafikifan

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been to Planet Hollywood in the last few months? I've never been impressed but I have friends who have it on their list of restaurants they're considering. In my opinion there are a lot better restaurants in Disney Springs. Your thoughts?

I ate there in February for the first time in a LONG time. I wasn't impressed. I didn't like the menu. I didn't like the food. And the whole thing is overpriced, even for a Disney Springs restaurant :) I wouldn't eat there again. There are so many better choices in Disney Springs.

I am sure the food is prepared by “heater-uppers” and not cooks. It probably comes in prepackaged and heated. Especially the deep fried stuff. I would avoid it.

Its overpriced mediocre food. Some people want to experience the atmosphere and theming. We can say that about a lot of restaurants around WDW

Many better choices in DS where you can get allot of food for good prices. Homecoming being one. Raglan Road. My choice would be those over a chain like Planet Hollywood. Yeah theme is ok but you have many all over the place. I would pass but some people like it so it’s a matter of preference.

We prefer Splitsville over Planet Hollywood. Better selection and quality of food. The atmosphere is great for any type of evening: outside bar usually has live music and inside has sports on and a fun vibe for a family.

Hot garbage, they could barely get a drink order correct. A millions better restaurants around Disney Springs.

Have not been there since it was rethemed as the observatory. Never impressed with the food in the past. Loved seeing all the props throughout the building.
Agree, there are so many other better options at DS.

One and done. Mostly wanted to see want they did with it. Service was good, food was okay, theming didn't really work for me.

It went on my "do not go to again" along with Paradiso 37

Much better choices at the same price point at other restaurants in Disney Springs.

Last edited:
The only good thing you can say about Planet Hollywood is that the portions are large. Oh wait, based on the food quality maybe that isn't a good thing. :)

Maybe you could talk your friends into just stopping by Planet Hollywood for a drink & maybe an app so they can check it out, & then go have dinner somewhere with good food. :)

I'm currently planning a large family trip for next year, and one of the places that my sister and her family wanted to eat at was Planet Hollywood, and I am so thankful I was able to talk them out of it. The main things that drew them there was the theming & memorabilia and the milkshakes. I'm going to suggest stopping in there for just a milkshake while we're in DS on one of our non-parks days, that way they still get to see it without wasting their time or money on what will most likely be a disappointing meal experience that they could get pretty much anywhere since PH is a chain.

We actually liked the old menu and interior way better than what is offered now...

We had lunch there on a whim, back in October of last year... it was just okay... we just did burgers, and fries... we did share a Dessert that was pretty tasty... the service was about the same... It's pub food... pretty basic... if you stick with burgers, sandwiches you should be okay...

I don't go to those type of places anymore, Rainforest included. It was cool to let the kids experience them once or twice but the food was never really that good and at a high cost. When we go to Disney we only eat at places we can't get around where we live. We loved Blaze Pizza in DS but they opened one up fairly close to here so we eat elsewhere in DS. The Polite Pig is one of our favs.

The vast majority of people who go to Planet Hollywood, Hard Rock, Margaritaville, go for the vibe. You're on vacation, go for it. I thought their burgers werent bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter