Planning for 2013....who else?

aLLpInK

Totally Obsessed
Gosh its 900 something days away. We just got back and I already know we will go back December 2013 for our DDs 6th birthday. Is there anything I can do until closer to time. I try to forget about it but Im already stashing money back (not much but i figure i have plenty of time.) :rotfl:
I wish it were 2012 but we really need to do some work on house, etc....

We're taking the next two years off from Disney and are planning on going back sometime in 2013, when Fantasy Land is done. :)

We're also in the planning for 2013 phase !!! :banana::banana: I've got our budget spreadsheet going and we've got our saving plan in order. And I'm SOOOOOOO hoping it gets here soon !!

At least we can all make our resort reservations after August of next year....so see, the fun is closer than we think ! :rotfl:

We're planning for June 2013 and will start saving as soon as we get back from our September trip. I've always wanted to stay at Poly, so that's our plan. Seems crazy to start planning a trip 2 years away, but sometimes it takes that long to save for the trip you want!

Yup! I already picked out my dates too! My oldest daughter has been begging to visit WDW for her birthday. Well since her birthday is in the spring we could never go because in PA the kids take PSSA tests all spring long and they really can't miss. Well.....in March 2013 her 15th birthday falls during our Easter break!!! Of course that means as a DVC member it's a TON of points, but that's ok...she's worth it! Only 677 days to go!!!!

..raises hand....

Looking at last week of October 2013. It will be my DGD's 5th birthday. I don't think she'll be old enough for kindergarten that year, so we won't have to take her out of school. And I think she'll remember it.

We're owners at RCI, so we're hoping to trade into one of the Disney resorts. If we can't, we'll just stay at a resort close by.

Looking at putting money on a Disney gift card every month, so we'll have money for tickets and food. We'll drive, so we won't have to worry about plane tickets.

Should be a fun time. :wizard:

Me me me !! We were there in May 2009 and 2010, and won't be back until May 2013 :( We're going to England this summer, and next year will be taking a trip to Yellowstone - but back to Disney in 2013. I actually turn 50 in June of that year, so I'm using that as an excuse for staying Deluxe - Poly, maybe - for the first time :)

We are planning a trip in Dec 2013 too. My youngest daughter turns 16 and wants to do it at Disney! We are headed there in 8 days too.

we go in the odd years so 2013 will be our year. Don't have any specific plans at this point as we will be going in December of this year first.

Me too! We're planning on January 2013. We're headed on vacation in June, and after that, we're saving for Disney! Hoping to stay at BLT to be close to MK. My girls will be 5 and 3.5, so they (and mama ;)) will love it.

yes I plan on odd year visits......but i have to get past the 2011 trip before I can decide if fall or summer will be when we go! DS will be in school by then:goodvibes

We're in. We are planning to go for 2 weeks in the summer of 2013 to celebrate my 40th and DD's 10th birthdays and to check out the all the changes that are going on now. We just went this past October and I thought MK was depressing with all the construction walls, so we are planning for a big, blowout trip. This summer we are going to lay low and just do a few weekend trips closer to home, but next summer we are going to head to FL to do Discovery Cove, SW and Aquatica and a night or two at the Nick Hotel so DD can get off my case about that place ;)

Summer 2013 here- we're in the UK so it takes us a while to save up (especially as we're a family of seven plus grandparents) so we're aiming to go at least every five years. 2013 worked well with that- five years since our last visit, my mother turns 60, my husband graduates from his degree, my oldest daughter turns 16, oldest son turns 10... lots going on that year!

I tend to read up, gather information and use the boards to keep me motivated towards saving and saving being reminded it WILL be worth it!

We are!! :yay: June 2013... We are hoping for 3 or 4 days at WDW and then a 4 day Dream cruise. Right now we are trying to decide whether we want to try Art of Animation or *gasp* offsite. :) We have started saving our change and putting $10 a week in a separate savings acct. We booked a dummy cruise while on our Wonder cruise last February. Can't wait!!

I looking into planning our next trip and I'm thinking December 2013 for my DDs 5th birthday.

We are!! :yay: June 2013... We are hoping for 3 or 4 days at WDW and then a 4 day Dream cruise. Right now we are trying to decide whether we want to try Art of Animation or *gasp* offsite. :) We have started saving our change and putting $10 a week in a separate savings acct. We booked a dummy cruise while on our Wonder cruise last February. Can't wait!!

Ohhh, we're looking at Art of Animation as a possible for us too as I heard it's meant to offer more family suites? (we'll be 4 adults, 5 kids so we'll need either a suite and a room, or, 3 rooms!)

My kids have a big water cooler bottle which they're saving spare change into for ice creams & treats once we're there :laughing: it's quite amazing how eagle eyed our 4 year old is at spotting loose change around the house!

Yep, we are! Will be our first extended family trip, with the inlaws. Not sure I'm looking forward to that part of it, but 2013 for sure. I want January, SIL wants Oct or Nov. We shall see!! :lmao:

Alright. I feel less crazy planning a trip that far out. Thanks for sharing your plans! I want to go next year so bad but I REALLY want to wait until the construction is finished too (and Art of Animation)!! More excited!!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter