Planning Tips for Your Disney World Trip - Start Here!!!

I've been looking all over for the answer so if I've missed it somewhere, apologies. I've created my digital pass on the MDE app, but how can my boyfriend do the same so he can manage his own pass? Do I have to manage it for him (and Genie+ and everything else) or can he link the ticket on his phone and manage it himself? Right now both show up in my app but the option to reassign ticket is grayed out.
He can create his own account on MDE and then the 2 of you link.

You will want one of you to select LL for both when it comes time to book those as it will be much more challenging to coordinate return times if you both book individually.

is the service to send packages bought in the parks to the front of the park or back to your resort hotel available? I read sometime ago that those services were paused but they were so helpful. Hoping they’re back by the time we go in mid January.

is the service to send packages bought in the parks to the front of the park or back to your resort hotel available? I read sometime ago that those services were paused but they were so helpful. Hoping they’re back by the time we go in mid January.
No, sorry, those services haven't returned at this time. Hopefully someday - but Disney hasn't said anything official about their plans.

As @CarolynFH said it is not currently available. I have updated post 1 based on your question.

I am traveling to Disney World for the first time since before COVID. I am very confused with Lightening Lanes, Genie+ and whether or not you can just get on a line for a ride. I will be traveling with a 6 year old who is going for the first time and I want to plan so we can do as much as possible. If someone can explain the process, I would be very grateful. Thanks!

In answer to your question about just getting in line for a ride, the answer is yes, for almost every attraction at all 4 parks you can just get in the standby line.

Tron at MK and Guardians of the Galaxy at Epcot are the only 2 rides now where you need to join a virtual queue--so you have to plan in advance for those or purchase an Individual Lightning Lane, which is a separate purchase from Genie+.

Just be warned: the standby lines for the top-tier attractions can be extremely long. So be prepared to either rope-drop these attractions (Star Wars Rise of the Resistance in DHS and Avatar Flight of Passage in DAK), ride at the end of the night, or purchase an Individual Lightning Lane for them.

Do some reading on Genie+. It's not intuitive and you should know as much as you can stand before you get to WDW. You will thank yourself!
https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...read-posts-1-7.3856734/page-165#post-64851834

I am traveling to Disney World for the first time since before COVID. I am very confused with Lightening Lanes, Genie+ and whether or not you can just get on a line for a ride. I will be traveling with a 6 year old who is going for the first time and I want to plan so we can do as much as possible. If someone can explain the process, I would be very grateful. Thanks!
Unfortunately it's not a simple answer but, we have created this thread to assist guests like yourself learn to navigate all the changes.

Please read post 1 and the associated links to help understand how things currently work.

Hi all,

My family and I used to go to WDW almost every year. Our last trip was August 2019, so pre-covid. I'm just starting to read about theme park reservations, Genie +, and all that jazz, and I'm sure I'll have questions for those of you who've been more recently. We are planning a mid-August trip this summer and I booked YC. How soon do I need to buy my park passes and make my park reservations? What about dining?

Thanks!
Dining is 60 days out and I would do that 60 days out exactly. I tried on day 59 and the most popular character breakfasts were booked. Luckily, I checked every day and was fortunate that a spot opened up at CRT.

Unfortunately it's not a simple answer but, we have created this thread to assist guests like yourself learn to navigate all the changes.

Please read post 1 and the associated links to help understand how things currently work.
We're heading down in Feb 2024. I'm starting now because as I recall, there were some things needed doing at 180 days. The first post in this thread is over a year old. Is the info still accurate?

Last time I did this, I felt so prepared, but it's like starting all over again now.....lol

We're heading down in Feb 2024. I'm starting now because as I recall, there were some things needed doing at 180 days. The first post in this thread is over a year old. Is the info still accurate?

Last time I did this, I felt so prepared, but it's like starting all over again now.....lol
Yes, the information in post #1 is still accurate. It was updated on Dec. 31, 2022, (see lower right corner of the post), and nothing has changed since then. Scrappinginontario is very conscientious at keeping these threads up to date!

Yes, the thread is current as are the threads that link to it.

You are correct that in the past there were things that needed to be done at 180 days but window is now 60 days for ADRs and specialty items (tours, bbb, etc.) I am not aware of anything that needs to be done at 180 days now.

If anyone else can think of anything, please mention it here.
Yes, the information in post #1 is still accurate. It was updated on Dec. 31, 2022, (see lower right corner of the post), and nothing has changed since then. Scrappinginontario is very conscientious at keeping these threads up to date!
Thanks so much!!!

Hello, we are planning a trip to Disneyland the last week of November. Last time we were there was in July 2021. First off, I'm trying to find out what the park hours are during the week. I checked the Disneyland website but it doesn't go out that far. We decided on a December trip primarily due to wanting avoid hot weather. Despite shorter park hours, we feel like we'll get more out of the experience without the heat. Plus, I'm assuming the park will be all dressed up for the holidays. I'm sure a lot has changed in the 2.5 years since we were last there.

Hello, we are planning a trip to Disneyland the last week of November. Last time we were there was in July 2021. First off, I'm trying to find out what the park hours are during the week. I checked the Disneyland website but it doesn't go out that far. We decided on a December trip primarily due to wanting avoid hot weather. Despite shorter park hours, we feel like we'll get more out of the experience without the heat. Plus, I'm assuming the park will be all dressed up for the holidays. I'm sure a lot has changed in the 2.5 years since we were last there.
Just for clarification, are you going to Disneyland in California? If so you will want to go to the DL board.

The links in this thread are helpful tips for WDW in FL but will not assist you with DL.

Thank you for this suggestion. Update made.

Just a heads up to all that the entire Theme Parks and Strategies board is only Walt Disney World.

1691634592410.png

Last edited:
We last visited DW in March 2020, literally right before Covid shut downs started. Now I have a family member thinking about taking DD15 for a short trip in a few months. I told her I would find out what all has changed since our last trip. I know Magical Express is not a thing anymore but I'm assuming other transportation is unchanged. I know there are new rides and some ride closures. I don't know if they are too worried about any changes in meet n greets or parades or anything like that. It looks like the biggest change is that fastpass is now Genie+ and ILL. Are those an absolute need? I have a feeling they will be hitting just the bigger rides in each park and they will only have one day per park.

We last visited DW in March 2020, literally right before Covid shut downs started. Now I have a family member thinking about taking DD15 for a short trip in a few months. I told her I would find out what all has changed since our last trip. I know Magical Express is not a thing anymore but I'm assuming other transportation is unchanged. I know there are new rides and some ride closures. I don't know if they are too worried about any changes in meet n greets or parades or anything like that. It looks like the biggest change is that fastpass is now Genie+ and ILL. Are those an absolute need? I have a feeling they will be hitting just the bigger rides in each park and they will only have one day per park.
This thread was created to answer the exact questions you have!

Please read post one and the associated links and it will help with planning and all of the changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter