Platinum peeps ... HRH

AlexandNessa

<font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green
OK, fellow Plats. Just curious as to how many of you have taken advantage of the exclusive check-in program? We've never stayed at the HRH before, and I don't think we're going at too busy a time of year (next Thursday). Any disadvantages of doing this? Will they still call your cell phone to let you know your room is ready? I am just wondering if this is more trouble than it's worth (I am assuming that we'll have to make copies of my driver's license and credit cards front and back, etc and fax it in). Here is the email we received yesterday:

Dear Valued LoewsFirst Platinum Member,

The Hard Rock Hotel, Universal Orlando has developed an exclusive program for Platinum Loews First members only! Basically, it's designed so you do not have to wait in line at the front desk, to check-in! Or listen to the same spiel you've heard a million times! If you are interested please call or e-mail, so we can send the form to pre-register you. Once that form has been completely filled out and returned, it takes 2 days to process. We look forward to your arrival!

Take It Easy

i'm platinum and staying at hrh in october.

i didn't get any notice like you did........:sad2:

in the past years, there was not a separate loews express check in.
they have the valet and lobby concierge desk to the left when you walk in the front door. check in desk to the right when you come in entrance door.

this must be something new for platinum.

from what it reads, looks like you pre register??? and then the room is assigned in advanced???

i don't know if this is what i want to do.
you only get turn down service when you check in and ask for it if you are not on club.
also, if i don't like the room view i am assigned in advanced, will i be locked into it?

also, i create my own welcome loews gift and the clerk has to write it in. it is not on the standard list. wonder how i can do that then if i have to go with the pre form?

gotta think about this.
hope others will pave the way before i get there and give us other homies a heads up.

when did you get this notice jodie? was it an email?

feeling like the red headed step child again.......

Hi mac,

Yes, it was an email, and we just got in on Sunday for our May 3 visit. I am sure you'll get a notice closer to your October visit. I requested the forms to see what they're like.

I am assuming the forms will be very similar to what I've had to fill out when I have put my parents up at hotels as a gift for something ... credit card authorizations, ID, etc. I haven't received the forms yet. When I do, I'll let you know what they are. I don't know that we'll take advantage of this as we've never stayed at the HRH before, and I like to know that my room doesn't over look a parking lot, to make sure our Loews First gift is noted, to hand in our vouchers for the coupon booklets, get turn-down service, get a late check-out (wow.... I am REALLY high maintenance, aren't I?!).

I'll keep you posted.

I am fighting a wicked head cold, and lucky me, I start working midnights tonight. Am counting my blessings right now though ... hopefully, this will all be out of my system come next Thursday! :)

hope you start to feel better jodie.

i usually stay away from forms even if it means you are expedited for check in.
i need the human touch to guarantee my requests will be taken care of.

and i always need a name of that person in case things need to be handled at a later point......

i customize my stay at hrh and they are very accommodating to me so i hope you can shed more light on the forms you receive. maybe there will be a direct phone number on it

You used AAA and are getting Club? I wonder if they would send this note if you were using APH?
You need to get better in a week so you can eat cake in front of the mirror to see if the birthday suit still fits!:cake:

No, we have a King Suite booked at the Super Saver rate, so we don't need to show AAA. I had AAA booked at $242.10, but then the Super Saver rate came out at $215, and I had it switched because they told me I still qualified for the suite upgrade. Good question though ... I wonder if they still send this if a Plat member books at an APH rate? For the first time ever, Mike and I will be using the grocery stop to create our own club level in the room!

And, oh, please ... this birthday suit still fits, but I'm noticing that things aren't where they used to be! ;)

Well, just want to say that we're not off to a good start. I clearly signed our names Mike and Jodie, along with our reservation #, and we got a "HI ALEX!!! Glad you're interested in our Express Yourself Program." Oh well. Guess that's what happens when your cat has his own email address. :laughing:

Anyway, it's just a standard issue form to put your cc information, and what you want your incidental charges to be (If you want charging privileges). Include your LF#, all guest names, arrival date, departure date, and daily rate (oddly, no place to just list your confirmation #). Then it has a separate place for your preferred amenity (I see that our $10 minibar credit preference is not listed ... and no cookies and sodas for mac either , but there is room to write your own amenity).

It also wants to know your ETA to the HRH and a copy of some form of ID.

There is no place to put comments, but it does say to call over before you fax so I'm sure I could talk to Nikky if needed then.

That's the skinny.

looks like i will be doing a blank form back as i won't list some of that info to them in an open email read by all. security issues coomes to mind..

long story..........

i'll do a return on the email once i get mine so my room is set aside.
that is the only concern i am having at this point. i have a long wait, don't go until october.

they overbooked one time before and i got caught in the middle and don't want that to happen again.

but, that over booking turned out to be a good thing for me in the long run.

to the cats alex and nessa: have your mom keep me informed on the outcome with this new program...

Oh, no, you call first to let Nikky know to expect it, but then you fax the information to her (him? I'm guessing it's a her) so it doesn't go into an email. Still, I wouldn't know why Nikky can't take the information over the phone. I don't think I feel like copying both sides of my license and faxing the form. It takes just as long to check in as it does to take care of this form, me thinks!

i don't fax certain documents that could cause a security issue.

when i get my email from hrh, i'll call nicky

thanks for the head up

Alex,
Sounds like government. Did Nikky's name have a title behind it? Like LoewsFirst Coordinator. Is the first "Take it easy," signed by Nikky? I'm guessing that APHers won't receive the same thing or damo would've chimed in. She is leaving tomorrow for HRH and has the APH rate.

:cat: Nessa,
Bob is cramming for finals.:teacher: I told him to ask for a couple days off from the hospital before the summer classes start. If he gets the time off (he's asking today) we'll be up the 7th through the 9th. I'm seeing $144 APH rates at HRH. If Roxy can raise her grades her and I will go up Memorial Day.

Alex,
Sounds like government. Did Nikky's name have a title behind it? Like LoewsFirst Coordinator. Is the first "Take it easy," signed by Nikky? I'm guessing that APHers won't receive the same thing or damo would've chimed in. She is leaving tomorrow for HRH and has the APH rate.

:cat: Nessa,
Bob is cramming for finals.:teacher: I told him to ask for a couple days off from the hospital before the summer classes start. If he gets the time off (he's asking today) we'll be up the 7th through the 9th. I'm seeing $144 APH rates at HRH. If Roxy can raise her grades her and I will go up Memorial Day.

You're right. I've received nothing.

Go Roxy!!!

Yes, that "Take it Easy" was signed by Nikky, and her (his??) title is:

M.I.T./M.O.D.
Hard Rock Hotel Loews Hotel at Universal Orlando

Now, what in the world do you think that is? MIT (beyond the school) and MOD are new ones to me!

C'mon Roxy!

MOD is Manager on Duty. Looks like some things were changed around there.

I got that form last trip and didn't do it. I think you are right it takes the same time to fill it out and send t off, check that it was received. I like to speak to the front desk when we check in. I guess we all wont know how good or bad it is (form check in) till one of us do it!

jodie, i booked with the aaa discount, not my ap.

how many days prior to your departure trip did you recieve the email from hrh?

i'll be in orlando 11 days and computerless before i check into hrh.
just wondering the time frame they are using.

my concern is security issues in sending copies of a dl for an id.
i can't be guranteed who has access to the 411 i would be sending to an unknown person.

and especially since my weight is on my dl...........holy cow.
no one knows that info, not even mr mac!
there are just some things a gal never reveals:rolleyes1

jodie, i booked with the aaa discount, not my ap.

how many days prior to your departure trip did you recieve the email from hrh?

i'll be in orlando 11 days and computerless before i check into hrh.
just wondering the time frame they are using.

my concern is security issues in sending copies of a dl for an id.
i can't be guranteed who has access to the 411 i would be sending to an unknown person.

and especially since my weight is on my dl...........holy cow.
no one knows that info, not even mr mac!
there are just some things a gal never reveals:rolleyes1

They put your weight on your license? That doesnt seem nice.:mad:

Did you call the HRH and ask them about this email? (call the number from the website, not what is on the email! ) Call me a skeptic, but this doesnt sound right. In the past, the only reason they ask for this information is if you want to set up an account with the hotel. I had to do this when I was paying for someone elses room with my credit card. No way would I do this unless *I* called and asked about it.

They put your weight on your license? That doesnt seem nice.:mad:

they do in illinois.
weight, height, eye color, hair color, bd, and for some ss#

we now have the option of having the ss# removed from our DL.

yes, it seems stupid to include the weight.
i doubt many women actually tell the truth on that one......:rolleyes1

mac, they used to put our weight on our DL, but that changed a few years ago!

Anyway, to me, it's more trouble to get a front and back legible copy of my DL and fax that along with the form then it is to just give the front desk clerk all the info. I don't see the benefits other than not waiting in line to check in -- if someone has participated in this program, I'd love to hear if there are benefits. But, right now, I am pretty sure I'm not filling out the form at all. Too much hassle, IMHO.

But, to answer your question, I got the email on 4/22 for our 5/3 visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter