Please don't ask me to help...

I would politely refer them here to the Disboards. Let them know there is a ton of good information.
This is actually what I did with a colleague but she also has been actively researching on her own. She’s the only person I have at work to talk to about disney planning. I luckily haven’t had to deal with someone who ignores my advice

I am careful about assisting now. I created a plan for my sister and her DH. In September. It's hot. It's humid. It is Hot and Humid. I gave her index cards with shows and times. I made her ADR's.

They arrived in the parks in the afternoon. Did I mention that September in Fl is HOT AND HUMID????? Got flustered. Never really checked out any of the info I gave them, And were miserable.

So not too long ago we were planning a trip and sis tells me we should all plan a trip together. The whole extended family and stay at her time share. No. Did we not have that conversation about how expensive it was to rent a car and pay parking fees??????? You want to do that times how many?????? I gave up.

Not too long ago a friend told me she booked AofA and was shocked at the cost. I asked her if she used any discounts. No, would I watch for them?. So the discounts got released and I sent them to her. Cannot use any. She already booked. Does nto want to lose her deposit Huh? She is getting tix from a variety of places. Um.....what? a variety of places? Yes. I'm out.

Doesn't it make you want to just bang your head against a wall??!! :rotfl2::lmao: Why in the blazes do they ask for help if they aren't going to heed the information?? :scratchin

I've got some friends "supposedly" going on spring break....which where we are in FL starts on the 15th of March and ends on the 24th. They haven't booked a hotel, BnB, resort onsite, nor bought a single ticket. The FP 30 day window is LONG gone. I'm going to casually ask her on FB if they are still going and see what she says. She was wanting to wait now till November, I believe that is when her son's birthday falls. But the boyfriend is "pushing" for spring break because all three of them are "off". I can already see how that is going to go.... popcorn::

Doesn't it make you want to just bang your head against a wall??!! :rotfl2::lmao: Why in the blazes do they ask for help if they aren't going to heed the information?? :scratchin

I've got some friends "supposedly" going on spring break....which where we are in FL starts on the 15th of March and ends on the 24th. They haven't booked a hotel, BnB, resort onsite, nor bought a single ticket. The FP 30 day window is LONG gone. I'm going to casually ask her on FB if they are still going and see what she says. She was wanting to wait now till November, I believe that is when her son's birthday falls. But the boyfriend is "pushing" for spring break because all three of them are "off". I can already see how that is going to go.... popcorn::
To be fair there's some information like saying "you can book FPs starting at 30days in advance of your park day" and then there's saying "you have to get a FP for 7DMT @ X time or else!!" You have to stay onsite you have to do this or that, etc.

I've got a DISer helping me with DLR planning because I haven't been there since I was a few years old--aka I have no memories nor knowledge. I appreciate his information but just because he tells me you should ride this attraction at X time because the lines are probably going to be lower doesn't mean I may actually do that. Just because he praises to the heavens about MaxPass does not mean we will be getting it all 3 days we may potentially be going. And it doesn't mean we are touring wrong. He's much more into food than my husband and I and his price point threshold is higher than ours. We at this point don't have any ADRs made for a trip happening in less than 2 weeks--trust me we'll be ok :)

Now personally I'm not one to go on and on about a 'bad' trip because I can find at least some good things about all trips I go on to the variety of places I've been to but still.

To be fair there's some information like saying "you can book FPs starting at 30days in advance of your park day" and then there's saying "you have to get a FP for 7DMT @ X time or else!!" You have to stay onsite you have to do this or that, etc.

I've got a DISer helping me with DLR planning because I haven't been there since I was a few years old--aka I have no memories nor knowledge. I appreciate his information but just because he tells me you should ride this attraction at X time because the lines are probably going to be lower doesn't mean I may actually do that. Just because he praises to the heavens about MaxPass does not mean we will be getting it all 3 days we may potentially be going. And it doesn't mean we are touring wrong. He's much more into food than my husband and I and his price point threshold is higher than ours. We at this point don't have any ADRs made for a trip happening in less than 2 weeks--trust me we'll be ok :)

Now personally I'm not one to go on and on about a 'bad' trip because I can find at least some good things about all trips I go on to the variety of places I've been to but still.

I PERFECTLY understand what you're saying. I don't tell people what rides they should or shouldn't ride. I don't give them MY touring plan because that very well may not work for them. I don't do ADRs or dining plans because it doesn't work with our restricted diet, but I do let my friends know that's out there for them if they are interested. When they ask me for specifics and I give it and then they either completely ignore it or do something totally opposite of something that will effectively work do their advantage, it puts me at a loss. Why was my help asked for then? :sad1: I simply tell them to utilize FP as it's there for a VERY good reason. It's going to save time standing in VERY long lines when you could be doing something else. For residents, I try to find them the FL resident tickets. For those who aren't, I look for the best deal that fits their budget. Like you said above, what I spend may not be what someone else wants to spend or can't spend. :sunny:
It's just the ones who ask for my help and then come back and do nothing but complain about this didn't work, this was too much money, the lines were too long, we wanted to go to different parks, but they wouldn't let us in because we'd used or tickets in one park already and we didn't have money for hoppers...etc. Am I making sense? :rolleyes1

I PERFECTLY understand what you're saying. I don't tell people what rides they should or shouldn't ride. I don't give them MY touring plan because that very well may not work for them. I don't do ADRs or dining plans because it doesn't work with our restricted diet, but I do let my friends know that's out there for them if they are interested. When they ask me for specifics and I give it and then they either completely ignore it or do something totally opposite of something that will effectively work do their advantage, it puts me at a loss. Why was my help asked for then? :sad1: I simply tell them to utilize FP as it's there for a VERY good reason. It's going to save time standing in VERY long lines when you could be doing something else. For residents, I try to find them the FL resident tickets. For those who aren't, I look for the best deal that fits their budget. Like you said above, what I spend may not be what someone else wants to spend or can't spend. :sunny:
It's just the ones who ask for my help and then come back and do nothing but complain about this didn't work, this was too much money, the lines were too long, we wanted to go to different parks, but they wouldn't let us in because we'd used or tickets in one park already and we didn't have money for hoppers...etc. Am I making sense? :rolleyes1
Totally making sense :)

I feel like some people and the basic misinformation just can't be helped no matter what even though my mantra is people all vacation differently lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter