Please help me problem solve

I know it's put a wrench in your plans but honestly ... as car problems go, this isn't really all that bad.

• Your car broke down at Disney -- and you're staying on property. Which means that you didn't have to try and find a cab or a bus or transportation back to your off-site hotel and then get back to Disney.
  • Your car did not break down during the drive here or back or halfway between Disney and somewhere else.
  • There's a car care center on Disney property that can fix your car while you're in the parks or sitting by the pool.
  • You're in a beautiful resort with two napping babies and a 9YO who apparently is handling it all well too.
  • It's a gorgeous day out, so your DH isn't trying to deal all of this in rain or oppressive heat.

I mean, you could be broken down halfway between home and Disney, with three screaming kids and nowhere safe or comfortable to wait around for a towing service. It could be raining or hot, on the side of a highway with cars zooming by. Most people here would probably rather be in your place at Disney -- even with no car and messed up plans -- than sitting behind their desks at work!

:earsboy:

I know it's put a wrench in your plans but honestly ... as car problems go, this isn't really all that bad.

• Your car broke down at Disney -- and you're staying on property. Which means that you didn't have to try and find a cab or a bus or transportation back to your off-site hotel and then get back to Disney.
  • Your car did not break down during the drive here or back or halfway between Disney and somewhere else.
  • There's a car care center on Disney property that can fix your car while you're in the parks or sitting by the pool.
  • You're in a beautiful resort with two napping babies and a 9YO who apparently is handling it all well too.
  • It's a gorgeous day out, so your DH isn't trying to deal all of this in rain or oppressive heat.

I mean, you could be broken down halfway between home and Disney, with three screaming kids and nowhere safe or comfortable to wait around for a towing service. It could be raining or hot, on the side of a highway with cars zooming by. Most people here would probably rather be in your place at Disney -- even with no car and messed up plans -- than sitting behind their desks at work!

:earsboy:

You forgot to mention that my beautiful resort now offers complimentary wifi so I can ask people who are thinking more clearly than I am for advice.

It appears that it will cost us about $500 to replace the starter. Not bad.

You forgot to mention that my beautiful resort now offers complimentary wifi so I can ask people who are thinking more clearly than I am for advice.

Yea in that first post you seemed pretty certain you were going to have to tow your car home and do a very expensive one way rental.

Very similar to our situation when we found out that the Autotrain was canceled due to Tropical Storm Fay and it would take days to clear the tracks.

First thought was OK we have to get airplane tickets. :scared1: How do you do that? They are going to be so expensive so we have to refund or AT tickets first and so on and so on.

Then you think what are we going to do with the car its way to big to check in as luggage. :)

So I pulled up the GPS on my laptop and started driving north. 31 hours later we were home.

At least you are also only 90 miles away from home. We are 1,700 miles away.

The car is fixed. $485 lighter but it could have been much much worse.

Thank you guys for all the support.

The car is fixed. $485 lighter but it could have been much much worse.

Thank you guys for all the support.

YAY! We like the Car Care Center - unbelievably we have had four encounters with them over the years!

Liz

Only 90 miles away. Can you call some one to pick you up? What about towing car to Pep boys having them change starter and staying an extra night at WDW. It's not the cheapest but it's the most fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter