Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this.

I guess I go a little overboard. We stayed at the Hard Rock at Universal and when it was time to go to bed we got under the covers and the bed was full of sand. They never changed the sheets.:scared1: maybe it was a fluke. But from than on I bring my own sheets and pillow case. I also wipe everything down especially the remote (which is said to be the dirtiest) I also check for bed bugs and wear socks. Im not a germaphobic but I like to know that the room is a little cleaner. As far as the suitcase, I keep the clothes in it and I usually have hangers on the clothes that needs to be hung. It is just easier for me.:)

I'm a clean freak and neat freak and here's what I do. I Clorox Wipe (thoroughly!) all the usual surfaces and items as soon as we get into the room. This includes the sides and bottoms of the drawers. I then lay down a grocery bag as a liner for each drawer and then fill each drawer with kids clothes, PJs, and bathing suits. I collect dry cleaner hangers all year and bring about 10-15 with me to hang adult clothes. I leave the hangers behind at the end of the trip for the next guest to use. I call Housekeeping to bring 5-10 hangers with clips for shorts, pants, and skirts. I also bring a lightweight hanging shelf with 3 cubbies. I use this to store whatever won't fit in the drawers. I bring a pop up mesh hamper to use as our dirty laundry basket and when it's full I put the clothes in plastic bags to return to my suitcase. Believe it or not this only takes a few minutes to organize and then we are set for the whole trip. Everyone knows where to find things, and there is no rummaging through suitcases.

I always leave my clothes in my suitcase! I dunno if those drawers are clean. Not about to find out thanks. ;)

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I live out of the suitcase, and every night I hang our clothes for the next day and spray them to remove wrinkles. A spray bottle with about 1 Tbs of fabric softener and then filled with water is pretty much the same thing as that expensive Downy Wrinkle Releaser and works wonders. I should say we only wear cotton clothes, don't know how safe, or effective this would be with other fabrics.

When I go solo, I unpack because I hate living out of a suitcase.

But when all 4 of us go, there usually isn't enough drawer space so I hang my shirts and the rest stays in the suitcase.
It always takes me longer to get ready everyday and I really hate it when I need something urgently that I left unpacked in the suitcase like the day my DD cut herself badly and needed some sterile gauze to put direct pressure on the cut and I hadn't unpacked it.

We don't unpack because 99% of the time we do a split stays. The most we will do is hang sweaters and jackets in the closet

I never unpack either. DH does and sad to say he is also one of those people that uses the drawers as a hamper. :eek: And he wonders why I don't unpack my stuff!!! On the flip side I also know a couple who put their toothbrushes in the in-room safe so the maids don't touch/do anything to them.

:crazy2: :crazy2: I don't unpack. I just hang a few things on hangers. I never would have thought people would use the drawers as a hamper. Yuck!

On our past trips I pack mine and DD's things in gallon size ziplock bags which I put into drawers after I check to see if they look clean but none of my clothes ever touch the drawer. I think I may look into the packing cubes since a few people have mentioned how great they are. I'm one of those people that wipes stuff down in the room also. I never leave mine and DD's toothbrush out because as cute as it is when they make the little towel holders and stick them in I think it's gross that the person who just scrubbed the toilet touched my toothbrush, whether they washed their hands before they did it or not. I also think it's gross to put your dirty laundry in drawers without them being in a bag. :scared1: It's also just plain disrespectful to the people that follow after you. Ok, I admit I'm a clean freak. I carry cloth laundry bags for all the dirty clothes and we throw them in the suitcase when we leave. I always have flip flops to walk on the floors with, even at home. Funny, when I was a kid I used to walk barefoot outside and do all kinds of things I would consider gross but the older I get the weirder I get about things being clean. Maybe I'm just a :crazy2: person.

I never unpacked on vacations...until I met my husband. He always used the drawers. I do however wipe them out with Clorox wipes prior to using them :)

I think I may look into the packing cubes since a few people have mentioned how great they are.

they are, as a PP mentioned, the next best thing since sliced bread! You will love them. :cool1:

I label ours by day & one outfit goes in each cube. I used to be a poster child for overpacking, but the packing cubes force you to make choices BEFORE you leave, and now I consider myself an "expert" packer :thumbsup2

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I do have a suitcase system so I live out of my suitcase, and then I have a big bag I bring and put dirty clothes in that so I can just throw it back in the suitcase.

I will hang a few blouses up when I get there, and a few times I have put dirty clothes in a drawer, but I do look in all drawers first and I lay a bag down then put my clothes on it, sort of like lining my drawers.

I also have small ziploc bags that have my toiletries, mainly my toothbrush and my eye stuff. Also my meds are kept out of sight at all times. With the ziplocs, I can use them and move them back and forth from the suitcase. I try to be neat so mousekeeping can do their job.

unpack immediately, clean freak but don't bother to wipe the drawers, just a visual inspection. I do lysol wipe the bathroom, switches, remote, knobs, etc. I check the mattresses (off topic, another thread). But I like the settled feeling of unpacking and it helps us keep our room and clothing organized, which is important with a family of 5 in one room. I bring a pop up hamper, use lots of zip locks and hang a lot too. I tip the housekeeping and request early service so when we come back for a rest it is done - only time we had trouble with this was at CSR - even missed our room a few days! To each his own though, if you can live comfortably out of your suitcase, then enjoy, it's your vacation and everyone needs a different level of unpacking:thumbsup2

I like my stuff in my suitcases better as well. Who knows how clean the clothes were that inhabited those drawers before. :scared:

thank you...I NEVER unpack. when I pack I pack shorts/socks/undies and shirt and roll together for each day so just take out outfit I want for the day. and when dirty have a garbage bag and put in there until ready to pack back then have to roll them... BUT my sister has to lysol wipe out all the drawers and actually move in--- as I call it and hang all her shirts up. but then I do want all my shampoo etc and bath and toothbrush etc out on the sink area. she says I weird and I say she is so that is my story. and of course I think your doing it right

:blush: I'm a total unpacker. That's part of the beauty of DVC, we have room to unpack.

I also go barefoot.

I go hard. :hippie:

I think we could be friends! I am the same way... and are you ready for this... I used the top drawer for SNACKS/Baby Formula! :confused3 Haha! We've been doing this the last 4 trips, and we're all still alive! ;)

Buy one of those shoe holders for your bathroom stuff. You can loop it through the closet rungs and it can hold your brushes, your toothbrushes, toothpaste, makeup, deodorant....etc. That way it never touches the sink and the housekeepers don't have to touch it when they clean the sink area.

We found one at the Target dollar spot, it collapses flat so it's easy to pack and there are about 6 cubbies in it so lots of room for stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter