• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this.

We unpack. I put my clothes in the drawers without wiping anything. We walk without shoes and sit on the bedspread.

I use my suitcase as a hamper. Every day dirty clothes go into the suitcase and by the end of the week, no clothes to repack.

Count me in to with those that walk on the wild side

We unpack. I put my clothes in the drawers without wiping anything. We walk without shoes and sit on the bedspread.

I use my suitcase as a hamper. Every day dirty clothes go into the suitcase and by the end of the week, no clothes to repack.

Quarantine!!!! :rotfl:

I find it strange that people wont use the drawers but prefer to put dirty clothes in there. isn't that why u wont put ur clothes in there in the first place? thats adding to the problem

Arielle22 said:

You put your clothes in drawers! Well that's just crazy talk! Hahaha.

Seriously, those of you who are afraid to put clothes in the drawers, how on earth do you survive the real hurdles of a vacation? Are your kids allowed on rides like TSM and Buzz, where they actually have to touch things? Do you Lysol everything you sit on so your clothes never touch a germ? I'm guessing you don't use Phitopass because you'd have to let strangers (the photographers) touch your card multiple times a day and I'm sure at least a few of them have the sniffles at any given time. I mean, how far do you take this?

I'm really trying to understand. I have several close friends who are like this. I just can't grasp why. If you or a family member has a compromised immune system, I get it. Otherwise.... I've never understood living in fear of things like drawer-germs. I mean, don't they teach us to sneeze into the elbow of our shirt sleeves because germs don't live as long on clothes as they do if you sneeze into your hand?

Even when we stayed in hotels our first three trips (and when we did a overnight stay at RPR) we unpack, put stuff in the drawers and shock horror DON'T sanitise everything!

We've never had a stomach bug on holiday (well, I did but not the infectious type) although we always end up with the sniffles because of some snotty kid on the plane!

I do wash my hands regularly and use hand sanitiser in the parks though. I never really wash before eating either.

For me, mostly it's just a habit to keep our things in the suitcase. I pack pretty efficiently. I don't need those extra steps of pack/unpack/pack again. I'm on vacation mode and streamlining before I go helps me in the long run.

Mainly I'm probably the world's most type A about checking everything before we leave. I don't want to leave things behind! Unpacking would probably put me over the edge. More things to double and triple check before we leave. The funny thing is most of our things are just ordinary, but it's our ordinary and I'm funny about not leaving any of it. :upsidedow

Reading how people use the drawers as dirty hampers isn't very appealing, but I didn't know that before. I wouldn't have thought to do that. I wouldn't have thought others would do it either.

I have heard of worse things people do with things in their rooms. Nothing surprises me anymore.

I only hang things in the closet. Never use the dresser draws. After reading that people use them to put dirty laundry in them - No thanks! I bring along laundry bags for our dirty laundry and when its time to leave any clean clothes are put in one suitcase and the laundry bags go in the other.
I do however wipe down things with my clorox wipes. Just to give me a peace of mind. However, if it was up to my mother she would travel with her cleaning supplies and hoover vac and clean away with her rubber gloves on.

You put your clothes in drawers! Well that's just crazy talk! Hahaha.

Seriously, those of you who are afraid to put clothes in the drawers, how on earth do you survive the real hurdles of a vacation? Are your kids allowed on rides like TSM and Buzz, where they actually have to touch things? Do you Lysol everything you sit on so your clothes never touch a germ? I'm guessing you don't use Phitopass because you'd have to let strangers (the photographers) touch your card multiple times a day and I'm sure at least a few of them have the sniffles at any given time. I mean, how far do you take this?

I'm really trying to understand. I have several close friends who are like this. I just can't grasp why. If you or a family member has a compromised immune system, I get it. Otherwise.... I've never understood living in fear of things like drawer-germs. I mean, don't they teach us to sneeze into the elbow of our shirt sleeves because germs don't live as long on clothes as they do if you sneeze into your hand?

Well, it could be a different fear. I know I am afraid of leaving my stuff behind at the resort :).

I find it rather amusing the number of people who won't put their clean clothes in a hotel dresser for fear of germs (??), yet they then put those clean clothes on and head to WDW...where they sit on rides and bus seats and restaurant chairs that have had untold numbers of dirty, sweaty bodies on them (not to mention bodily fluids :crazy2:). Pretty sure if you pick up some germs at WDW, it's not going to be from the hotel dresser. ;)

:rotfl:

The first thing is my husband runs in and checks for bedbugs on the mattress edges (his newest worry,). Then I take a picture of the nice, clean, uncluttered, empty room! Then I carry everything I and completely unpack. I immediately call housekeeping for something like 10 extra regular hangars and 10 extra clip hangars and extra pillows. I hang up everything that seems like it should hang and pile the rest in the drawers. Electronics go around the TV stand, books in the bed stands, food on the dressers or fridge or depending on the resort whatever surface seems reasonable. Toiletries on the sink counter and underneath it. The only things that stay in suitcases are the "just in case" stuff like extra meds, then I do put dirty clothes in the suitcase as we use them.

I honestly never thought about wiping down surfaces or not using the drawers until I read this thread!! I think I'll continue to not worry, as long as nothing looks disgusting. We also sit on the comforters and walk barefoot. I push those investigative stories to the back of my mind and just enjoy the room as long as it is visually ok. Maybe I've been lucky, but we've never had any problems and I have to touch things all day everywhere anyway.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Sorry, I don't know how to get rid of all of that junk from a yrs old ticker when I use my ipad. I judt got home from work and saw what it comes out looking like. From my laptp I can just click do not include signature, I didn't see an option from the ipad app.

We unpack and put our clothes in the drawers but.....
I have a ritual before that happens.
Before anyone goes in the room I head in first to inspect for bedbugs. Once everything looks good DH & kids can enter. They each get Clorox wipes and we start cleaning everything :rotfl: See, I can laugh at my insanity!! :lmao:
Once I feel the room is good I then spray Lysol everywhere. I line the drawers (of course only after they have been wiped down with Clorox wipes) with ziplock bags (I have an Owners Locker filled with all our stuff). Oh and I bring our own sheets and blankets too! Before anyone asks no I'm not like this everywhere. Well, on the plane too. I bring the wipes and wipe down everything. But at the parks I just make sure we all wash our hands before we eat and I carry anti bacterial wipes just incase ;)

For me I don't do it because I feel I will catch something. It just totally grosses me out to be in a room that has been used by so many people.

Sheesh, you'd think WDW was in a third world country. You need some exposure to germs to keep your immune system in optimal form.

Mine and my husbands are either hung up or in our suitcases. The boys things are in 2 gallon ziplock bags and go in the drawers. I pull out a ziploc for each of them either before we go to bed at night...or first thing in the morning.

Their bathing suits and pj's are kept in their suitcases.

I also bring large garbage bags and we put our dirty clothes in them.

I'm usually very cautious about laying on bedspreads or walking barefoot in any hotel bathrooms but it's funny, I've never thought of the whole "drawer thing" until reading this thread. I always unpack when I arrive, usually hanging up most things, and putting the foldible things in drawers. I always inspect the drawer first, but never thought about what nasty stuff people are putting in them. I will still continue to use the drawers and I would only hope that some people would use their common sense and courtesy and not put dirty laundry in them. That's just rude and disgusting.

I never unpack. I'm such a forgetful person I'm afraid I'll lose half of my stuff if I use the drawers. The only think I do unpack are the shoes and formal dresses.

We always hotel hop and usually do a few resorts in each stay. It is easier just to live out of the suitcase. I unpack things for the bathroom and kitcheneette, but that is it.

I never unpack either-- IMO, it's just a waste of time. ;) Also, no unpacking means no re-packing which means more Disney-ing! :lmao:

starousse said:
I'm usually very cautious about laying on bedspreads or walking barefoot in any hotel bathrooms but it's funny, I've never thought of the whole "drawer thing" until reading this thread. I always unpack when I arrive, usually hanging up most things, and putting the foldible things in drawers. I always inspect the drawer first, but never thought about what nasty stuff people are putting in them. I will still continue to use the drawers and I would only hope that some people would use their common sense and courtesy and not put dirty laundry in them. That's just rude and disgusting.

I kinda thought it was an unwritten rule that dirty laundry went into your empty case?!

Or maybe that's just normal people lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter