Pleasure Island Clubs & Boardwalk

Dizhappy

Earning My Ears
I am 40 and will be traveling alone. Are the PI clubs mainly for younger crowds like in the 20's or do older adults find it enjoyable also ? What about the Boardwalk at night, what type of atmosphere can I expect. I will be there on business so most of my free time will be in the evenings. Any recommendatios are appreciated.

Welcome to the DIS, Dizhappy. I'm really glad you found us and I hope you can visit often.

I'm an older adult and I enjoy the Adventurer's Club at Pleasure Island, it is a smoke free club which makes it very pleasant. A lot of Pleasure does seem designed for younger adults but Adventurers Club and the Comedy Warehouse are both a lot of fun for us older folks.

Boardwalk at night is a lot of fun, there are street performers who are entertaining and there are some great restaurants there (love the flat breads at Spoodles). JellyRolls is a hoot but I don't know what it would be like for a solo, I've always experienced Jelly Rolls with friends.

I think you would enjoy either place, I know I do.

Katholyn

We are in our early 30's and love PI. Try 8-traxx also..70's and 80's music. We haven't been there yet but I've heard the comedy club is alot of fun. Depending on your taste in music, you might really in enjoy the jazz club. If you like to listen to bands, the beach club usually has some and you can sit upstairs overlooking the dance floor and just listen to the music.
We haven't spent a ton of time at the boardwalk, but we did really enjoy the time we spent there. If you like sports, my bf really enjoyed the ESPN club.
I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself. Have a great time.

On my recent solo trip I went to PI and basically just went to Adv. club and the comedy club... with a little walking around people watching also. I didn't go into the other clubs because it just didn't interest me. I am in my early 30's and I did not notice a prevalence of younger folks while there. They all seemed to be in the 25/30 to 50/60 age range -with majority probably in the 30-50 age range if you ask me. ;)

I can go into the Adventurers Club early and not come out until they stop the performances at about 1 AM or so. Maybe once a trip I will run over to the Comedy Warehouse for a show (but I have been doing that more often than usual lately). Either one is fine and usually has an older crowd present. I'm 38.

8 Trax is closed--at least it was a few weeks ago, and loked like it wasn't just for one night.

That said, the Adventurers Club or Comedy Warehouse, o the PI Jazz Company are all fine for a solo.

Don't discount the lounges at the resorts either, the Bellevue room at teh BWI is fantastic.

Anne

PI is great and so is Boardwalk. PI is a great place to watch people if you are solo. Boardwald is a great "destination". ESPN is fun, so is Jellyrolls. It depends on the night you are at Disney as to where I would recommend.

shhh...If you are in town for a while citywalk is fun too.

Go to Pleasure Island! I was there the end of January and had a fantastic time. I agree you could spend the whole evening at the Adventurers Club and definetely get your money and time's worth. It is unique and very entertaining. I saw a number of solo women there.

The comedy club was also fun, and the countdown to midnight and fireworks are sweet.

its worth poking your head into all of the clubs, assuming no lines, just to see their setups. I thought that each club looked like what you would expect it to look like if it was a movie setting ("Okay, this next scene is in a jazz club. Dark, candles on the tables, semi circular set up ......etc")

I also did a solo evening at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, looking at the animals outside, then fantastic African art in the lobby, and dinner at Boma's. Okay, okay, I looked for the hidden Mickeys also!

kes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter