• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PMS in a Handbasket--Don't be afraid, just bring us food... Part 2a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tricia1972 said:
4's - You are gorgeous!! Your family looks like a lot of fun too! What cool and fun pictures!

I have a Mexico Sombraro photo of my oldest. This is from Sept 2004.

100_0904.jpg

I have a pic of me in the same hat from 1981!!! We went to Magic Kingdom on our honeymoon (only park there then!)

Such cute pics! Tricia, your son is adorable and 4's, your family looks like they are a blast!

Warning BIG husband vent--you've been warned!

I ordered the furniture and hopefully it will be here by the November Bar Mitzvah. If not, there will be a mattress and box springs in that room and tough cookies if things aren't perfect. My DH and I had it out over that issue during lunch today. He just piles more and more on his plate and I don't get it. He is so short fused right now and is losing his temper at his family over the dumbest things, but he acts like everything has to be so perfect before November. It's just not going to be and I can't drive myself crazy making it that way. As long as the house is cleaned up and we have food to feed people and places to sleep, that's all I care about. And the places to sleep don't have to be perfect. And if that's not good enough, they can stay in a hotel.

Our lunchtime argument was over painting. We're having the guestroom (AKA my daughter's room--the room that we are getting the new furniture for) and the study painted (which involves moving tons of books, 2 computers, school supplies, etc, etc) and my DH wanted to have the laundry room painted, which I thought was a silly idea. First of all, who cares if it's painted--the room is little, between the kitchen and the garage, and it doesn't really matter. Also, we'd have it painted the same color as the kitchen/family room, but before too many years those rooms will need to be repainted and we'll probably change color. So what color would we do the laundry room? But more than anything, there are a bunch of shelves, piled high, in the laundry room and we'd have to clear everything off the shelves, sort through it all, take down the shelves, and put them back up. Not a big deal if we didn't have other things going on, but it looks like the timeline would be at around the same time that the invitations are done and need to be mailed. :crazy:

But more than anything, my DH's philosophy is that he keeps piling stuff on--nevermind that he's totally stressed out and snapping at everyone. And it doesn't matter if everything is perfect! :rolleyes: We had a list of things that we wanted to get done, we agreed on the list, figured out how we would get things done and who would do them basically, and now he's wanting to add things. I don't get it. And all this with his job going down the toilet, the reduced pay, but working long hours, every evening, often on weekends, and no time to look for another job.

OK, I'll stop now or I'll be over the word limit for a post... :rotfl:

imsorry said:
Hey 4's: is that you in the bra behind your son? :teeth:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

imsorry said:
Hey 4's: is that you in the bra behind your son? :teeth:

No, sorry to dissapoint, I'm behind the camera. ;)
One of these days I'm going to learn photo editing!

Hey all.
I've had a busy day of pedicures and having my hair blown out.
Amazing what $5 can get you here. :thumbsup2

We had dinner at another family's apartment.
I need to go to bed, but the kids will not go to sleep. :rolleyes:

Luv, :grouphug:

I'm here. I just don't feel too good today. And I think I broke my toe. And we capped last night off with an argument so no, Dh was not rewarded for his sentimentality.

Tigger&Belle said:
:yay: :yay: :yay: Someone who's older than me!!! :teeth:

I'm even older than that!! :blush:

Shug - sorry you don't feel well and about the argument. I'm sure you two will make up soon.

4's - glad that wasn't you! What are some people thinking - "gee, i'm on vacation, so who cares if the whole world sees my bra?"

Briar - get those kids to sleep so you can :banana:

Tigger&Belle said:
Such cute pics! Tricia, your son is adorable and 4's, your family looks like they are a blast!

QUOTE]

Men, can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em! :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear all of that Shug. :hug:

T & A, you can only do what you can do. He can only do what he can do. And what he is doing right now is driving the both of you NUTS. There is no time for that!!!!! Men.

My contribution to the sombrero photo album:

CruiseVacation174.jpg

I'll bet lots of people have their pic in those sombreros. We should start a thread and see how many people post theirs. :)

Bbgrizzle said:
My contribution to the sombrero photo album:

CruiseVacation174.jpg

I'll bet lots of people have their pic in those sombreros. We should start a thread and see how many people post theirs. :)

What a great idea! Do you want to start it or should I?

imsorry said:
Tigger&Belle said:

QUOTE]

Men, can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em! :rolleyes:

Ain't that the truth! Sorry about your DH T&B, Guess he's just overwhelmed and us, being the wives, are usually on the other end of their venting.

Oh oh - I have two.. .don't you LOVE the chocolate on her shirt in the bottom one!

Top pic was May 2006 - bottom pic Nov 2005

mexico050506f.jpg

Mexico11_26032.jpg

Okay, I"ll start it.....but you guys better post your pics!!

makinorlando said:
Oh oh - I have two.. .don't you LOVE the chocolate on her shirt in the bottom one!

Top pic was May 2006 - bottom pic Nov 2005

mexico050506f.jpg

Mexico11_26032.jpg

Cute pics, Mak! I guess we didn't get a pic of our youngest DD that day. She was only 2 and her sombrero went down to her neck too! We have it on video, but not a regular old pic of it. That place is so much fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter