PMS in a Handbasket--Don't be afraid, just bring us food... Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't decide if the stem cell project would be over the heads of the other students. I don't want to brag here or insult anyone but I'd have to say I'm the best educated in the class and most of them are struggling whereas I'm acing all my tests and not having problems understanding the homework. There are a couple others who seem to be on the same intellectual level but for the most part it's a lot of high school drop outs who are sick of flipping burgers and thought this would be an easy way to a high paying job :lmao: I don't know whether to work this presentation to MY intelligence level or my audiences :confused3

I'm really, honestly not calling these people stupid because they aren't. They just don't seem to be well read and when current event topics come up it tends to be just me, another student and the instructor in on the conversation. But this is a topic that really interests me and I don't want to go with the SSDD stuff everyone else is doing (diagrams of the parts of the tooth, benefits of flouride, proper diet, etc.) I really sound like an egotistical know it all now don't I? :blush:

bigmerle1966 said:
Cool.

You know I am thinking about bringing in a box of Cheerios and putting them in the restroom with a sign that reads

"Gentlemen, please use for target practice. Us ladies are a little tired of coming and and getting wet tushies cause you pee all over the bottom of the toilet seat. That stuff runs you know" :crazy2:

Oh Angel, I will need to find a pic to post. I have one of me, TT5 and Memorymakers2669 together but I have to see if they would mind me sending or posting that. If not I will have MM take one this weekend when she is here. :thumbsup2
I can't wait to see! :cheer2:

Shugardrawers said:
I just can't decide if the stem cell project would be over the heads of the other students. I don't want to brag here or insult anyone but I'd have to say I'm the best educated in the class and most of them are struggling whereas I'm acing all my tests and not having problems understanding the homework. There are a couple others who seem to be on the same intellectual level but for the most part it's a lot of high school drop outs who are sick of flipping burgers and thought this would be an easy way to a high paying job :lmao: I don't know whether to work this presentation to MY intelligence level or my audiences :confused3

I'm really, honestly not calling these people stupid because they aren't. They just don't seem to be well read and when current event topics come up it tends to be just me, another student and the instructor in on the conversation. But this is a topic that really interests me and I don't want to go with the SSDD stuff everyone else is doing (diagrams of the parts of the tooth, benefits of flouride, proper diet, etc.) I really sound like an egotistical know it all now don't I? :blush:

Shug, don't "dumb it down" (sorry, don't know how else to say it!). Let your instructor see how smart you are! You already got me so interested just with what you posted here - you will get an "A"!.

:wave:

Shug, before I go back to catch up on today's banter, let me say this...

You are paying good money for an education. You will get out of this experience everything you put into it. If the Stem Cell research interests you, sparks your fire, is something that YOU will benefit from learning, then GO FOR IT! Don't worry that it is over their heads. They might be excited about it by your excitement. They might fall asleep. :confused3 But you will come away with a better understanding, and that's what it's all about.
:cheer2:

imsorry said:
Shug, don't "dumb it down" (sorry, don't know how else to say it!). Let your instructor see how smart you are! You already got me so interested just with what you posted here - you will get an "A"!.
I completely agree with this!

imsorry said:
I completely agree with this!

Well ladies I'm headed for home, not feeling to good. I think someone on here passed on their yucky germs. :sad2:

And too all the ladies who I've seen pics of today :smokin: :thumbsup2

bigmerle1966 said:
Well ladies I'm headed for home, not feeling to good. I think someone on here passed on their yucky germs. :sad2:

And too all the ladies who I've seen pics of today :smokin: :thumbsup2
I hope you feel better BAM!! :grouphug:

Ok, I just hit submit. We had to send an email by tonight with our presentation topic. I'm going with the stem cell discovery. Presentation is either this Thursday or next Tuesday depending on what number you draw tonight. I'll let you know how it goes. :scared: God I hate public speaking though, UGH

PrincessJasmine08 said:
Yeah, but are you as cute as that little guy in your signature? Because if not we're going to keep feeling sorry for him.
hehehe :rotfl:

Miss Jasmine said:
Uh oh, the Sheriff's Department helicopter just landed right outside my window. I hope they aren't looking for me. :rolleyes1
Is there something you need to tell us? I'm just sayin'! :rolleyes1

Tiffer said:
Except T&B. I have never seen a pic of her.
There's been a couple pictures posted of me. Disney PhD had one of Jake and me from when we all met in May and there was a group shot from our Washington DC meet not too long ago. I hate having py picture taken, so it's not something that happens often. :p

Merle, I have a picture of you in Photobucket (no, not a Cantw8 type of picture :rotfl2: ), but it has Zoe in it.

I need to find some energy so I can go to the grocery store. I am so tired that I want to fall over. I'm having some tea first, though.

Hey!! Where's all the pictures? I thought I made it clear that it goes without saying that ALL PMs must be run through me first. ;) I would love to see your pics, ladies.

And Shug, I saw the first one you posted..... :love: ......maybe in a pink triangle kind of way, I'm not sure yet. ;)

Hope you feel better BigMerle.

I can't concentrate. DD just got home and realized we were serious that her room would be stripped of everything but the bed and clothes unless she could keep it neat.

I wasn't even asking for clean. Just neat. Couldn't go three days :rolleyes:
And now I will have pre teen wrath for about the next few weeks.

(Yes, I know it will really be years, just let me live in my delusional state for a little while longer)

Hi Merle, Tig, Shug,Tiffer, Aimee, Angel and Al!! :wave: Long time, no talk!

Hi Bb, Shug, Al, Angel, Aimee, and whoever else is here. I want to see the PMs of pics, too! I'm off to read with Jake since I haven't seen him all day. Be back in a little while.

MemoryMakers2669 said:
Shug: Congrats on scoring the CA Grill!!! You made me go add it BACK into our ADRs for December. I had one, for 5:00, but then canceled it. But now we are back on for it. Make sure you review for us, so I will know if I really should keep it.

Aimee K: 'splain this tennis ball under the butt thing to me! I have terrible sciatic problems.

Sitting on a tennis ball should help alleviate the symptoms of sciatic referral pain. It helps release the piriformis muscle which lies over the sciatic nerve. I will send you a little picture where it should go :-)

T&B, how is yours feeling today?

Aimee K said:
Hope you feel better BigMerle.

I can't concentrate. DD just got home and realized we were serious that her room would be stripped of everything but the bed and clothes unless she could keep it neat.
I wasn't even asking for clean. Just neat. Couldn't go three days :rolleyes:
And now I will have pre teen wrath for about the next few weeks.

(Yes, I know it will really be years, just let me live in my delusional state for a little while longer)

Hello everyone!

Hmmmmm Aimee you just gave me a great idea for my own dd. Alas I would have to rent a huge storage building to put all her junk in! It may be worth the extra $$ just to teach that little slob a lesson. HMMMMMMMM :lmao:

Froggyswife said:
Hello everyone!

Hmmmmm Aimee you just gave me a great idea for my own dd. Alas I would have to rent a huge storage building to put all her junk in! It may be worth the extra $$ just to teach that little slob a lesson. HMMMMMMMM :lmao:

We went out to wally world and bought some large storage bins. They are stacked in the garage. She can earn her stuff back by being a reasonable human being. :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter