PO-R vs. AS MU

paladin

DIS Veteran
I am taking a quick trip down in two weeks by myself. My husband and I usually stay at the Epcot resorts but trying not to spend too much since I will be alone. Have never stayed at anything other than a deluxe, so I know there will be a difference, but would like to save money too. The AS MU would save me $233.00 for the 6 nights.

Thanks in advance for your input!:)

If you are used to the deluxe resorts, I don't know that you would want to take the plunge into the value resorts cold turkey! There is a great deal of difference in amenities as well as in price. You get what you pay for, so to speak. I would try PO-R as an intermediate step.

Moderates like POR have larger rooms, sit down restaurant, food court, free shampoos etc and more pool areas.

Value Resorts like ASM have smaller rooms, shampoo/soap dispenser, no sit down restaurant, and food court.

Personnally I prefer POR it is much quieter then AS. I enjoy their food court and sitting in the lounge in the evening listening to the entertainer. Plus love the theming of Magnolia Bend. Except for the main pool the pools are quieter as well. We also enjoy the leisurely walk to POFQ and the boat to DD. Some of these activities have been hit by the cuts.

If you are looking to save money then the values are the way to go. Having stayed in all three. Most of the time I have found them to be noisy resorts. Too many tour groups, cheerleaders and childrens sports teams housed there for competitions. The food courts in the *** offer a nice variety of selections though.

Whichever resort you stay at get the refillable cup it is definetly worth it.

If you are used to the deluxe resorts, I don't know that you would want to take the plunge into the value resorts cold turkey! There is a great deal of difference in amenities as well as in price. You get what you pay for, so to speak. I would try PO-R as an intermediate step.

I've stayed at deluxe (AKL), moderate (POR), and value (ASMO). I liked them all. Incidently, ASMO has a sit down resturant. Price wise and ameneties, I prefer the mods. But, if I really needed a value I would go to ASMU. The Movies was great (my first time there and had small GD's with me), but very busy and noisey. We went in July and teams of South American teens were there. Luckily they were not in my building. Sorry, nothing against teens, but in large groups the can be very rude and annoying. Even a value resort can add up to big bucks for some of us, and I want a calm vacation for the money I'm spending.

If I was going by myself, I don't know if I could take the value resorts. My family of four stayed for one night over Thanksgiving and my very frugal DH said "NEVER AGAIN". Very noisy, lots of teen-aged cheerleaders running around (appropriately melodramatic), even the adults at the outside poolbar were very drunk, loud, and cursing within earshot of theirs and my children. I'm no prude, but that isn't the "Mickey Way" as we say in our family. Go to POR or even CS, much quieter, and more adult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter