Podcast Cruise question

Hey all!

As I've stated in previous posts, I'm a total cruise wimp. I'm terrified of the ocean and always swore I'd never join the crusing world. However, the pull of the podcast crew is just too great :flower3: , and I think DH & I are going to bite the bullet and join in...but I have a question...

When I went to the page to request a quote from DU, it asks if I want to include transfers....what do most of you do?? I really just want the easiest, most convenient way to get there, as it's a distinct possibility that I'll be rockin' on valium at that point, just to get me onboard. ;)

I'm a complete novice when it comes to cruising (obviously), so any help you can give would be great!!

TIA!

Kathy :rotfl: You're right...mall traffic in Jersey is downright frightening. But, at least there are no sharks ready to come out and eat me while I'm all alone floating on a tiny piece of plywood in the middle of...NOTHING BUT TERRIFYING, SCARY, AMOEBA-LIVING, VILE OCEAN WATER!! (Did I mention that I'm a teensy, weensy bit nervous about this? :scared1: ) And, I'm a pisces...the only water I do is the heavily chlorinated pool that resides in my parents backyard...go figure! Oh well...anyway...

Are you guys saying that I could always add these transfers later on if we decided to? I can just go ahead and book the cruise now and do whatever else I need to later? I don't think we'll be spending any time in wdw before or after, as we usually take our big trip in the fall each year (not giving that up for anything!!!), so we would definitely be going directly from the airport.

We can add the transfers to your reservation (or take them away) up until 3 days prior to the cruise. I agree that you need to determine what is the best for you based on what you are doing before and after the cruise.

We usually either use the transfers, rent a car one way or use a town car service. It really depends. If we are coming in same day and getting in after noon, I use DCL's transfers because they will pick up my luggage for me. I also use DCL's transfers after the cruise if I'm booked on one of their designated airlines and leaving that day. On the last night, my bags will be taken to be delivered in the morning to the airport and I'll get my boarding passes.

If we have all day, I usually rent a car because I will have a place to store my luggage while we do other things in the area. If we're going back to the resorts, I'll use a town car.

You can get the transfers round trip from the airport, round trip from the resort/airport combo, or one way to/from the resorts or airport.

If you are having your first cruise I can thik of no better group to be going with :goodvibes

We'll have to content with living vicariously through your excitement and subsequent trip reports. The rest of us will be expecting this board to explode as each of you submit a trippie ;)

Okay guys, good or bad, I booked the darn thing....there's no going back now!! (Well, yes, I know about the cancellation policy, but for my mental health, we're going to pretend that doesn't exist).

Anyway, on with the party!!!!! :banana: :cheer2: :dance3: :yay: :hyper:

Yea!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: Mix up another pitcher of moo-gee-toes! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I promise I will not laugh when you walk into Triton's with your lifejacket on at dinner. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I'm proud of you.:thumbsup2

near...far....where ever you are....I can feel that my heart will go on....

sorry:lmao:

Okay guys, good or bad, I booked the darn thing....there's no going back now!! (Well, yes, I know about the cancellation policy, but for my mental health, we're going to pretend that doesn't exist).

Anyway, on with the party!!!!! :banana: :cheer2: :dance3: :yay: :hyper:

So glad you decided to go. I don't believe there is a cancellation policy. Once you are booked, you're booked for life :) (I'm just trying to help your mental health)

Welcome aboard Amy..Glad you are joining us! :cool1:

Glad we talked you in to it Amy :goodvibes :goodvibes Feel free to ask more questions - here or by email - and we'll help answer anything!

Yea!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: Mix up another pitcher of moo-gee-toes! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I promise I will not laugh when you walk into Triton's with your lifejacket on at dinner. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Can you make it two pitchers, please??? Or maybe three?? :) either way, I'm there!!

I'll never let go, Kevin, I'll never let go...

(...of the car door handle when I'm being dropped off) :rotfl:

You'll have all of your fellow cruisers there, pulling you onto the ship. You don't stand a chance ;)

Oh, and Kevin - thanks a lot. I now have that song stuck in my head. Ugh.

Can you make it two pitchers, please??? Or maybe three?? :) either way, I'm there!!

Hey Plutes, we're originally from East Rutherford - virtually next door neighbors! Now we live waaaay on the west coast (of Jersey)
It's gonna be fun!!! :drinking1

Yay you for booking!! I promise...you'll have so much fun and you'll wonder why you never did it before!! I hope I can go too...keep your fingers crossed! :)

I'm so glad I had swallowed my water before I got to Kevin's post! Now I have that song stuck in my head too...

Yay you for booking!! I promise...you'll have so much fun and you'll wonder why you never did it before!! I hope I can go too...keep your fingers crossed! :)

I'm so glad I had swallowed my water before I got to Kevin's post! Now I have that song stuck in my head too...

Well, you talked me into it, so now I'll have to work on you!!

btw, I love the quote from Wicked in your siggie...saw the show twice and LOVED every minute of it!!

Okay, have you decided to go yet???? :) C'mon, you know you want to!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter