podcast listening options for the car...

Another thing you may want to look at - a friend of mine had an FM transmitter. What wasn't in the documentation was that it was possible to boost the strength of the signal - he found that out on the internet when he was trying to resolve another problem. If you're considering a transmitter, be on the lookout for a feature like that.

I've just gone through the same thing and am stuck with a transmitter. We bought an 07 Accord last year and it is virtually impossible to hard wire one into the car.

For those burning cd's, you should check if your car cd player will play mp3 cd's. If it will then your cd's should hold ten week's worth of podcasts.

Is that a different kind of cd for MP3's?
Same physical disk but the information is stored differently. A regular audio CD can hold about 80 minutes of music. Anything but a truly ancient CD play will play an audio CD made from a CD-R or CD-RW disk. An MP3 cd holds MP3 files instead of the raw digital audio. The CD player needs to be capable of playing these. Your owners manual should be able to tell you if your car CD player can play them. Since MP3's are a compressed format an MP3 CD is capable of holding a lot more information. I have an MP3 CD that has 100 songs on it.

If you're using iTunes to burn your CDs you can change the format by going into the Advanced panel in the preferences and then clicking on the Burning tab. There will be a group of radio buttons that let you choose the format. The default is Audio CD. Change it to MP3 CD. It might be worth simply burn one disk and seeing if your car CD player will play it.

Or you can do what I did. I tried the cassette adapter and the FM transmitter and finally I went to the audio store and bought and had installed a new car stereo that handles Ipods. Now I am so happy happy joy joy.

Jeff

I use the cassette tape for mine. I have been very happy w/ it & when I go to a different car it is easy to take w/ me.

Or you can do what I did. I tried the cassette adapter and the FM transmitter and finally I went to the audio store and bought and had installed a new car stereo that handles Ipods. Now I am so happy happy joy joy.

Jeff
I didn't go quite this far but I did install an iPod2Car in our Dodge Caravan.

I know I can but an iPod adapter for the car radio, I have seen them for 50-90 bucks, but they play through FM and that seems cheesy to me, I dont want fade outs.

When I first got my ipod I got a wireless adapter and had tons of fadeout. Finally, I sucked it up and bought a DLO TransPod - it is a docking cradle that connects directly to your car lighter adapter. Because it isn't wireless, I don't get any fadeout. I've been very pleased with it and would recommend it -- http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-player-...d-second-generation/4505-6519_7-31314676.html - this is a link to the cnet review. It goes for around $60 or so.

I have two FM transmitter types (Belkin and Griffin) and they both work excellent. I had one of the $20 types but it only has a few frequency choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter