Policy on COVID related discussions

that's too bad. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to make sure they've had as much protection as possible before going on a cruise. where you will be exposed. We're still going at the end of Sept. but I'm kind of hoping there's one more push to boost before we go. I'm glad that kids down to 6 months are going to be able to getting there shots and cruise again.

Kids can still cruise under 5. Currently there is no requirement to be vaccinated for the 6 months to 4 year olds.

We cruised with our unvaxed 14 month granddaughter on the Dream earlier this month. She just needed to test 3 days before, day of embarkation AND on the last day before debarking. I believe the last test is now dropped.

MJ

I'm having a hard time understanding the testing policy, can someone help me out?

We leave on the Magic out of NYC on 21 Oct for Bermuda. All in party are fully vaccinated adults. The Covid testing policy for the Magic changes in November so after our departure date.

I know I need to test prior to leaving per DCL and Bermuda. At work we do lab based PCR tests weekly through a vendor called Color. Sometimes the results come by next day, sometimes it takes a bit longer. If leaving on a Friday can I test on Tuesday to give some buffer for result turn around? Or do I have to test on Wednesday at the latest and hope the results come by Thursday?

COVID-19 tests should be taken between three days and 24 hours before the sail date.

The test must be a NAAT test, rapid PCR test, or lab-based PCR test

If leaving on a Friday can I test on Tuesday to give some buffer for result turn around? Or do I have to test on Wednesday at the latest and hope the results come by Thursday?
For vaccinated guests... leaving on a Friday you would test on Wed or Thurs, not earlier. It only needs to be a rapid antigen test but must be proctored. You can use the free at-home tests and an online proctoring service such as EMED.

Unvaccinated guests... need to test PCR or NAAT 3 days prior, so on Tuesday for a Friday embarkation.

Here's the info from the DCL website, under Ports of Call (Bermuda):

Fully Vaccinated Guests
All fully vaccinated Guests, regardless of age, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken 1 to 2 days before setting sail to be exempt from testing at the terminal on embarkation day. Pre-trip test results must be uploaded to the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day.​
Antigen tests must be completed using a professionally proctored in-person or telehealth service and come with digital results that can be uploaded to the website. A nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) or PCR test is also acceptable. Guests can purchase COVID-19 tests through our third-party partner, Inspire Diagnostics, or obtain a test from any independent testing supplier.​
Not Fully Vaccinated Guests
Guests who are not fully vaccinated must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 1 to 3 days prior to their sail date. The test should be a COVID-19 nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT), a rapid PCR test or a lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen tests will not be accepted. Test results must be uploaded to the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day.​

So, DCL updated their BEFORE YOU GO section of their website today for the new Bermuda requirements. It is NOT correct for the 10/25 and 10/31 sailings. Bermuda is dropping testing requirements on 10/25. Two Magic sailings go to Bermuda after testing is no longer required (10/26 and 10/31).

How do we get accurate info from Disney as to what is needed at embarkation for these sailings? Does Dreams have a DCL contact they can reach out to in order to get correct information? Thanks!

https://www.gov.bm/coronavirus-travellers-visitors

1. As of right now, yes.
2. Rapid PCR
3. DCL provides the at port/embarkation test for free - they are partnered with Inspire Diagnostics for them.
4. You will be directed to a place to wait to be spoken to; they will ask if you would like to get a refund or rebook at a later time. If you have extra costs associated with the trip outside of the cruise itself (including trip insurance itself) then that is not covered, you'll need to take that up with insurance.
I spoke with a rep from Inspire yesterday (10.9.22) and they said they charge $77 for the testing at the port. Thanks.

If you’re on 10/26 or 10/31 sailings to Bermuda, check your emails for important update about testing.

Hello all,

looks like there have been a couple updates to Disney and some ports. Thought I'd share on the Pinned Post.

I just booked my August cruise with DCL directly. they confiremed that all travel restrictions have been lifted for the Bahamian crusies.

From DCL site
For sailings departing from the United States and Puerto Rico, Disney Cruise Line no longer requires Guests to be vaccinated and tested for COVID-19. We highly recommend that all Guests become fully vaccinated before sailing and encourage unvaccinated Guests to take a COVID-19 test 2 days prior to their cruise. Please be aware that health and safety measures may change at any time.

From the Bahamas site
As of 20 September 2022, the COVID-19 testing requirement for entering The Bahamas has been eliminated. All travellers, regardless of vaccination status, are no longer required to submit to pre-travel COVID-19 testing to enter the country.

Has anyone had to reschedule a cruise because of a covid positive right before a sailing and if so what were the procedures that Disney required?

Has anyone had to reschedule a cruise because of a covid positive right before a sailing and if so what were the procedures that Disney required?

Your best bet would be to contact Disney and/or file a claim with your travel insurance if you have it. When I asked them about this myself when booking, they seemed willing to work with you and your party.

From DCL:

Guests who test positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of their sail date can apply their cruise fare toward a future sail date or receive a refund in their original form of payment without Disney-imposed cancellation fees. Please note that travel insurance and cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines, are not refundable.

When applying the cruise fare toward a future sail date:

• New sail date is subject to availability
  • If an offer was used to book the original sail date, it may not be available or applicable to the new sail date; offer terms and conditions will apply, including blockout dates
  • Guests cannot change their reservation back to the original sail date after taking advantage of this policy
If you booked your reservation before December 9, 2022, you can view information about the Flexible Refund Policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter