Poll.......Anybody getting the spam 'Congratulations, you won.....!' popups??

Are you getting these 'Congratulations, you won whatever' popups?

• Yes, but just on this site and on any device

Votes: 106 21.4%
  • Yes, on this and other sites and on any device

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Yes, but just on this site and only on cell phone/tablets

Votes: 314 63.3%
  • Yes, on this and other sites but only on cell phone/tablets

Votes: 38 7.7%
  • No, not getting these popups on this site or any other sites

Votes: 31 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Initially it was just on my tablet and my phone. But as of yesterday and today it is now on my laptop also. And it’s on no other sites but the dis.

Let's be honest... assuming they're getting SOME kind of $$ from this, why fix it? Everyone complaining about it is still obviously posting, so therefore visiting the site. If posters start "voting with their wallet" and not visiting the Dis, maybe they'll make a change.
Folks won't have a choice before long. It will become impossible to visit/post. Ad Blocker got it for now but the people responsible for the ad will find a way around them, again.

Is there anything we can do to bring more attention to this?

Letter writing campaign?

Open letter to the editor?

Walk out?

Eat in?

Hunger strike?

Comment section of YouTube on the Disunplugged videos?

@Dan Murphy is there a way to reset the poll? I have to believe that the problem has really ramped up since May. I didn't start having it until last month, now I get it all the time. It would be interesting to see how it's "evolved"....
This isn't the only place. Really, not a good place, to report on it.
This issue belongs on the Tech Support board. Go there, you'll find LOTS of reports regarding it.
I mean, this is fine to complain about it among ourselves but for official reports, it is the Tech board.

Look at this,
https://www.disboards.com/forums/technical-support.43/

Folks won't have a choice before long. It will become impossible to visit/post. Ad Blocker got it for now but the people responsible for the ad will find a way around them, again.
Knock on wood, I have not had a problem on a PC yet. I've been running two ad blocker's for years though... (AdBlock and AdBlock Plus).

They've been tagged repeatedly. They know. Their inaction clearly shows they do not care that it is so disrupting. If they cared they'd at least say sorry.

Get em Angi!

You've been on here a long time and I always see as an ardent Dis supporter. So reading your comments carry a lot of weight. I wish they would step in....

I guess me and everyone else, lol

I just saw this today and I started getting them over the weekend on my laptop which is what I use 99% of the time. I just got it 3 times trying to type this response. It is annoying.

I'm getting it on my laptop today. It was really bad last weekend on my iPad. I just gave up and played slots. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter