Poll.......Anybody getting the spam 'Congratulations, you won.....!' popups??

Are you getting these 'Congratulations, you won whatever' popups?

• Yes, but just on this site and on any device

Votes: 106 21.4%
  • Yes, on this and other sites and on any device

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Yes, but just on this site and only on cell phone/tablets

Votes: 314 63.3%
  • Yes, on this and other sites but only on cell phone/tablets

Votes: 38 7.7%
  • No, not getting these popups on this site or any other sites

Votes: 31 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Per the other thread going now, I installed Ad Blocker Plus on my phone and the problem has stopped. You have to go into Safari and enable it after installation. (I think I forgot to do that previously when I tried it.) So far, so good!

The issue seems to have been fixed, at least for now. I am back on Chrome on my desktop DIS'ing, with java turned back on and its been good since yesterday afternoon

The issue seems to have been fixed, at least for now. I am back on Chrome on my desktop DIS'ing, with java turned back on and its been good since yesterday afternoon

It's been good for me too, since they said it was fixed last week.

Sometime last week somebody turned off the ad servers and other scripts on this site. The only scripts running at base level now are disboard.com, cookielaw.org, feedburner.com, googletagmanager.com and googletagservices.com. Whereas when I posted back on 12/20 there were 19 different scripts running. Not complaining one bit!

Sometime last week somebody turned off the ad servers and other scripts on this site. The only scripts running at base level now are disboard.com, cookielaw.org, feedburner.com, googletagmanager.com and googletagservices.com. Whereas when I posted back on 12/20 there were 19 different scripts running. Not complaining one bit!
And a script represents or does what, Steve?

It was fixed for me for a while but started up again on my iPad.
It mostly happens when I click on the Community Board if that helps.

Haven't had it (knock on wood) in almost 2 weeks now. Using Chrome on a desktop. Glad to see it gone, it was very annoying!

Haven't had it (knock on wood) in almost 2 weeks now. Using Chrome on a desktop. Glad to see it gone, it was very annoying!
I'm curious, do you use Ad Block and Ad Block Plus? I use both, and have never (knock on wood) had an issue on a desktop (multiple computers)

I'm curious, do you use Ad Block and Ad Block Plus? I use both, and have never (knock on wood) had an issue on a desktop (multiple computers)
I use Adblock Plus along with uBlock Origin on my desktop. Never a problem. Android phone was horrible, but nothing recently, maybe a week or so.

I use both of them. I never had an issue until about a month ago, only when using Chrome, and everytime I would open the DIS, a big splash page would open up. I tried turning java off on the DIS as another DIS'er suggested, but that stopped a lot of things I could normally use. I went back to using Firefox and IE to DIS, until someone said they had fixed the problem. Went back to Chrome, and so far so good.

I use both of them. I never had an issue until about a month ago, only when using Chrome, and everytime I would open the DIS, a big splash page would open up. I tried turning java off on the DIS as another DIS'er suggested, but that stopped a lot of things I could normally use. I went back to using Firefox and IE to DIS, until someone said they had fixed the problem. Went back to Chrome, and so far so good.
Bizarre. I am on Chrome 99.9% of the time, run those two ad blockers, and have never had a pop up on a PC. The "turning Java off" was a suggestion for mobile (phone/tablet).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter