Poll.......Anybody getting the spam 'Congratulations, you won.....!' popups??

Are you getting these 'Congratulations, you won whatever' popups?

• Yes, but just on this site and on any device

Votes: 106 21.4%
  • Yes, on this and other sites and on any device

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Yes, but just on this site and only on cell phone/tablets

Votes: 314 63.3%
  • Yes, on this and other sites but only on cell phone/tablets

Votes: 38 7.7%
  • No, not getting these popups on this site or any other sites

Votes: 31 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought I was doing well on my phone, no dis spam for a few days. And now, they're back.

View attachment 459930

Here are the number of ads blocked by AdBlock Plus over several years here on the dis. Posting this on my desktop. Phone was not manageable.

abp-full-logo.svg
View attachment 459929
Block ads on:
disboards.com
Number of items blocked
0 on this page
2,008,801 in total
That is not the number of ads blocked on the Dis, unless the Dis is the ONLY web page you've ever gone to. Don't believe me? Open a new tab. Check the total amount of items blocked. Go to dailymail website. Then look at the total amount of items block.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

not a big poster here but like to check in from time to time. Just not worth the aggravation!! Hell, I’m surprised I could even post this. I already won 20 Walmart gift certificates this evening !! Woohoo!!

Why is everyone complaining? I have probably won over a million dollars. Just waiting for them to send me my money. Lol
Serious this is ridiculous. Why can’t they fix this? Or are they getting some money from this?

I also find that the pop ups are the worse on the Community board.
I imagine the only thing different about the CB is the ads. The moderators and webmaster could probably use that as a strong clue - if they have any control over ad content from forum to forum.

Last edited:
It's insanely bad. Happens all the damn time. And, to what end? It's enough to make me want to give up on this board. Is that the intent of the people who run this board? Drive us all off. Seriously, I'd rather send them an "annual" fee of a few bucks and get rid of the damn ads entirely. At the very least, offer it as an option. If you don't mind the ads, you get them. If you hate them, you can buy out of them. Lots and lots of websites do this, so it should be possible.

I still have Java turned off for this site and have yet to get a popup. Not being able to view some things isn't nearly as annoying as the ads.

Thanks for the tip Planogirl. I just disabled my Java for this site. We'll see if it works.

Thanks for the tip Planogirl. I just disabled my Java for this site. We'll see if it works.
Just know I had to disable Java on ALL websites and add exceptions for the ones I needed Java on. Leaving Java on and blocking it on Diboards did not work for me.

I get a pop up about a walmart gift card and Safari on my macBook air and iPad. Last few days I am only able to be on Dis board for a few minutes before it happens. Any solution/

So far, disabling the java script for this site seems to be working for me. Google how to do it if you don't know how. It's how I did it. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter