Poll: Are you going to buy at Riviera

As a DVC Owner - are you planning on adding on points at Riviera

• Yes - I definitely will. I love everything I've seen about the resort

Votes: 50 10.0%
  • Maybe - I am still waiting on more information (Points Charts, room selection, etc..)

Votes: 49 9.8%
  • No - I was but not now - I don't like the resale and/or likely points required.

Votes: 78 15.6%
  • No - If I add on, I'll add at one of the older resorts or buy resale

Votes: 154 30.9%
  • NO WAY - I was never even considering it.

Votes: 168 33.7%

• Total voters
I know this thread is old... however I’m curious to find out if the polls have changed since riviera opened up. I never intended to purchase riviera but I just added on about two weeks ago. I wondered if there are any never Rivera folks out there that have changed their minds after viewing riviera. I’m aware of the skyliner breaking down, the Trundle bed falling on a guest, and not being able to use the Murphy beds. Just wondering if anyone that voted no/never/maybe... ended up adding on.

I voted no way and now proud owner of 175. Having toured the resort, I am pretty sure it’s going to be tied for first with VGF and BLT!
I didn’t vote initially as I thought I only wanted to add on at grand Californian. Also ended up adding on 175 and can never be happier! My add on sickness is good for now that I have the 3 resorts I wanted. Hopefully The add on sickness doesn’t come back if Disneyland dvc actually happens! I’m assuming the polls may have changed since April 2019 after buyers were able to view the rooms and resort. Happy new year everyone!!

We have 4 home resorts now including VGC. I think we’re pretty set. Those dues bills are sobering for sure. I also sold our BWV points to purchase Riviera. My VGC points should keep me from buying the new DVC in CA. Honestly, I don’t know why we would buy there since we own VGC. We only seem to be able to get out to California every 2 years, so more points there doesn’t make a lot of sense for us. Also, my DH wants to “limit any holdings in California” because of all the changes, taxes, etc. there all the time.

I voted no way and now proud owner of 175. Having toured the resort, I am pretty sure it’s going to be tied for first with VGF and BLT!

Hope so that way maybe in 20 years Disney doesn't feel the need to overcharge as much for the next 50 years at BWV or BCV.

Have no doubt. Those resorts will command those same points levels.

Yup unfortunately haha. Riveria will look like a steal in even 10 years likely.

I can only imagine that new Disneyland resort haha. Maybe the first to be $200 with promos and 150 for a week in a studio in September?

Yup unfortunately haha. Riveria will look like a steal in even 10 years likely.

I can only imagine that new Disneyland resort haha. Maybe the first to be $200 with promos and 150 for a week in a studio in September?

You are right. I can only imagine!

We have 4 home resorts now including VGC. I think we’re pretty set. Those dues bills are sobering for sure. I also sold our BWV points to purchase Riviera. My VGC points should keep me from buying the new DVC in CA. Honestly, I don’t know why we would buy there since we own VGC. We only seem to be able to get out to California every 2 years, so more points there doesn’t make a lot of sense for us. Also, my DH wants to “limit any holdings in California” because of all the changes, taxes, etc. there all the time.
I love your portfolio!!!

Congrats Sandi!! What was it that made you purchase?
After going to listen to a guide in October with my DD 23 so she could get the gift card, we realized this would be a nice one And my adult children seemed to really like it and ease to Epcot and HS.

We decided we’d put them on contract so sold one BWV at a $53/pt profit and then bought this with them as owners with us. They now have full benefits and we own a contract expiring in 2070 vs 2042. Looked at it as a win win as for them, they get a lot more years!

Because I own so many points, resale really want an issue because it replaced BWV...and figured my SSR contracts would always be first to go.

After having visited, i fell in love and all I saw far outweigh the loss of walking from BWV...though I still have 150 there and will use it for certain trips with certain guests. Being able to get coffee, soda, and food all day without having to go outside is a big plus!

It looks amazing and we can't wait to stay in May but it is still no because of restrictions.

The restrictions cause me to pause for two reasons. One is potential resale value, I know this is not an investment but it is still an unknown. More importantly, my fear is how booking will play out in the many years to come as resale owners will book EVERY time to avoid losing points since they have no other option. They will either use it or rent it. There are at least four or five contracts I have seen posted and sold and those folks already have no choice but to book. Walking will only become a bigger issue and I have already seen FB posts shocked they can't get a ressie at RR as new owners.

Happy for everyone has purchased and the many years of enjoyment, it is still a no for me.

Reactions: EYL
We were a hard no. Then I fell in love with the studio. (I feel that this is the most functional of all the DVC studios.) So, without even looking at my husband, I whipped out a credit card and handed it to our guide! LOL. That’s the first time, in 43 years of marriage, I’ve done something like that. You should have seen the look on his face...

We were a hard no. Then I fell in love with the studio. (I feel that this is the most functional of all the DVC studios.) So, without even looking at my husband, I whipped out a credit card and handed it to our guide! LOL. That’s the first time, in 43 years of marriage, I’ve done something like that. You should have seen the look on his face...

Congrats! That was me..hard no to so excited!

We haven't had a chance to tour it. But will try to book a stay before deciding whether to add on or not.

Ended up adding 120 points there. I like the fact that it's an epcot area resort but I have till 2070. Might add more after our first stay this month.

Well.. we tried to tour it, but the DVC van that was supposed to pick us up from MK to go to Riviera to view it never showed up. We finally found a driver after about 45 minutes of waiting and were basically told "too bad, all of the tours are gone and you missed yours...". Pretty poor if you are trying to get people to buy if you ask me (of course, we aren't going to buy anyway, but I would have liked to have toured the property other than a quick walk through the lobby that we did one day.

Haven’t stayed yet but It’s right up my alley. A resale for the right price and I would bite. I’m not concerned with restrictions and I see impose restrictions with 2 of 3 home resorts as it is.

Question: For those that changed their minds - have you changed your vote in the poll? As far as I can tell, you can still adjust your vote.

Question: For those that changed their minds - have you changed your vote in the poll? As far as I can tell, you can still adjust your vote.

Just did! Thanks for mentioning as I didn’t think to do that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter