• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POLL: What DVC improvement would you most like to see?

If you could pick ONE enhancement to DVC, what would it be?

• Better discounts

• Better trade-out options

• Booking based on checkin date, not checkout date

• More frequent refurbishings of units

• Cleaner rooms at checkin

• Free high-speed Internet access

• Request and waitlist preference at your home resort

• Online availability checks WITHOUT online booking

• Online booking and availability checks

• Online waitlist checking

• Longer home resort advantage

• Shorter home resort advantage

Results are only viewable after voting.

JimMIA

There's more to life than mice...
Based, obviously, on DVC Grandpa's excellent thread.

We can all think of a thousand ways to improve DVC if money, time, etc were no object.

But seriously -- if you could wave your magic wand and improve ONE thing, what would it be?

Please pick ONE from the following list based on DVC Grandpa's thread.

For me, it would be the cleanliness of the rooms at checkin.

Cleanliness. -- By far. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...
Housekepping is the weak link with the DVC resorts. They are usually clean at first glance, but once you take a good look at the sheets, or the crumbs under the toaster, you will see improvements can be made. :smokin:

MG

OK. Somebody didn't vote the way he posted, LOL. I just voted for cleanliness and all three of you who posted earlier said cleanliness. That should be 4 , but the poll says 3 - so whose actions don't match his words!!!! :teeth:

OK. Somebody didn't vote the way he posted, LOL. I just voted for cleanliness and all three of you who posted earlier said cleanliness. That should be 4 , but the poll says 3 - so whose actions don't match his words!!!! :teeth:
My thingy is italicized.
I'm in the clear.. :angel:

MG

Sorry, I posted before the poll was up there.

I have now voted for . . . clean rooms at checkin.;)

I understand why you voted for cleanliness, but should we really need to use our magic wand pixiedust: to get people to do their jobs? That's a rhetorical question of course!

I went for online booking and availibility checks!

D4D

Clean rooms. I always seem to have to clean before we settle in. As MG said they are only giving the rooms a cosmetic cleaning.

I went with online booking and availability checks. But it was a close call between that and free internet.

Missing from the list and my real first choice: special in-park perks

I voted online booking and availability checks. I think that would be cool and would be a great service when trying to make the big decision - Where do we want to stay??

As with all things, some of the items on the poll didn't interest me.
And so far, we've not had issues with cleanliness -

good poll and will be interesting to see how the results go.

I'll be checking back.

I voted "request and waitlist preference at your home resort". I just think owning at a resort should provide better odds of getting requests met. And this from someone who doesn't anticipate making much requesting now that the villas are smoke free.

Online booking and availability...as long as it works better than the Disney site.

Close second is booking from check-in date. I REFUSE to call day-by-day which is probably why I rarely get BWV or WLV anymore.

I voted for online availability checking without online booking. Reserving a room with DVC is so complicated at times, I see online booking opening up a can of worms no one would want to deal with. But being able to see what is available before we call would be great, even if it changes while we are on the phone. JMO:goodvibes

You can vote without a reply post. I'm sure that's the reason why the votes will exceed the responding posts.

Cleanliness. -- By far. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...
Housekepping is the weak link with the DVC resorts. They are usually clean at first glance, but once you take a good look at the sheets, or the crumbs under the toaster, you will see improvements can be made. :smokin:

MG

And the hair in the tub & dirt out on the balcony & outside trim. Don't get me wrong I love DVC, but I also agree it is their weakest link. I've stayed at economy hotels that have cleaner bathrooms & a little power washing would go a long way to improving the outside appearance. I can live with a little wear & tear as long as it's not completely run down.

Being able to book on-line is a close second! If there is a problem, you can always call! :thumbsup2

want one back that you didn't mention.

there was a time when DVC members (okay OKW) could check in over the phone.

then you arrive you got a folder with all your information inside at a special desk - took all of 2 to 3 minutes.

always loved the rooms I got with this method.

want one back that you didn't mention.

there was a time when DVC members (okay OKW) could check in over the phone.

then you arrive you got a folder with all your information inside at a special desk - took all of 2 to 3 minutes.

always loved the rooms I got with this method.

I'm sold :) What happened to that?

Voted better discounts.

Although, thought about free high speed internet and on-line booking also.

Better discounts would probably be more useful to us than high speed internet since I may not always bring the laptop (only when DH comes with us - too much luggage to handle by myself and 2 kids). And when we do, can pay out of pocket for 1 or 2 days instead of the whole trip. Although, we had free high speed internet when we stayed at the Marriott Cypress Harbor and that was VERY nice. Just to check e-mail for a few minutes every e-mail and to check on the menus at allearsnet.com without having to have it ALL planned before leaving home. ;)

On-line booking SOUNDS great. But not sure if I want to RISK it. Seems like it would make it easier for those that have those MEGA points to rent out to snag as many reservations as they can. At least now they have to call and work for the reservation like everyone else.

Even disregarding those people, it would be much easier for the regular DVCer to go in and just make a bunch of "just in case" reservations with ALL their points since it is so easy. I think that I might be tempted to do this since I would probably love to check availability and it would be hard for me NOT to make a reservation! :eek: :rolleyes1 If I had to call, I would be less likely to make reservations that I wasn't at least 80% sure I would use.

In regards to cleanliness - VERY important. However, I looked at this poll as improvements that DVC could ADD to our current membership. Cleanliness should be a given already and really should be worked on before adding any more improvements. But since I think that it should already be a given in our DVC membership, I voted on what I think should be an ADDED improvement to DVC, KWIM?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter