Poly DVC expansion coming 2024!

View attachment 654477
If no one told me this was the Polynesian expansion, I’d think this is a nice Marriott anywhere. I LOVE the Polynesian but let’s hope this rendering is missing a lot of what’ll make this look and feel Polynesian. MORE TIKI TORCHES PLEASE!

If I know anything about Disney, we can expect a lot of differences from the early artist renderings

VGF1 came on-line before PVB did and they made VGF2 part of the same condo association, it sure seems like they would do the same for PVB2. Fingers crossed
But Copper Creek isn’t part of Boulder Ridge… I really hope you are right!

I could see this being a separate condo association with a fresh 50 year contract. Perhaps, if they were just converting a longhouse or two they'd include it as part of the current association and have the same contract length.

Me too. The wording of the press release seems to call it an expansion of Polynesian Villas and not a new name like Copper Creek was, so I choose to believe!

it’s so vague, but I agree that it leans towards being part of the same. Hope some journalists ask and get it clarified soon!!

I could see this being a separate condo association with a fresh 50 year contract. Perhaps, if they were just converting a longhouse or two they'd include it as part of the current association and have the same contract length.
Since PVB1 expires in 2066, owners still have 44 years.
VGF expires in 2064 and they are selling VGF2 with the same contracts/dates.

The VGF2 expansion worried me even though I'm not an owner there. I wondered if the expansion would hurt the VGF1 owners because it introduces more competition for the 1BR and 2BRs. Or, even though the point charts are currently the same, will DVC adjust them so that the resort studios require less points and thus increasing the VGF1 point charts... I am an owner at PVB, and this one doesn't worry me as much. PVB is studio-heavy and it's one of the reasons I'm okay with it. If this introduces 1BR and 2BRs to PVB, it will only benefit the "PVB1" owners. I just hope they don't come in with the concept of "resort 1-bedrooms" or "resort 2-bedrooms".

There will be so many DVC rooms near MK!
I hope the Epcot/DHS area will see some love next.
And I also hope the design changes in the end to better fit with the Poly layout and architecture.

View attachment 654477
If no one told me this was the Polynesian expansion, I’d think this is a nice Marriott anywhere. I LOVE the Polynesian but let’s hope this rendering is missing a lot of what’ll make this look and feel Polynesian. MORE TIKI TORCHES PLEASE!
Agreed - it looks thrown together last minute. Other than palm trees (which are present at nearly every resort) there's nothing here for place-making.

If I know anything about Disney, we can expect a lot of differences from the early artist renderings
We thought the same thing about Riviera, and it unfortunately came out looking just as bland as the art warned us it would be (It's lovely inside, but that exterior was was budget-friendly for sure).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter