Pool Hopping

chezcurrie

DIS Veteran
Is pool hopping between hotels still a thing at Universal?

We’re planning a 3 night hotel-only stay post Starcruiser voyage in December, staying at Sapphire Falls (on pts, gotta justify this somehow, lol.) ;) Thinking of using these days to chill and unwind. I would love to explore the pools at Hard Rock and the lazy river at Cabana bay.

Also, how is transportation handled between the hotels - does the boat go between any of them?

Yes, you`ll be able to visit those pools during your stay, pool hopping is still a thing.

The boats don`t go between hotels, you leave each hotel and the boat takes you to Citywalk and same going back. It`s easy to then walk to the hotel you want or hop on another boat.

Yes, you`ll be able to visit those pools during your stay, pool hopping is still a thing.

The boats don`t go between hotels, you leave each hotel and the boat takes you to Citywalk and same going back. It`s easy to then walk to the hotel you want or hop on another boat.
Thanks so much!

Hello to all. Does the front desk of hotel you are staying at give you give you a separate key card to access other resorts pools?

Hello to all. Does the front desk of hotel you are staying at give you give you a separate key card to access other resorts pools?
I think you have to ask at the hotel front desk you are hopping to. Not positive, I hop frequently but usually just grab the gate behind someone else entering or exiting the pool. I would ask when you check in.

We’ve pool hopped recently from Aventura to Sapphire Falls. The procedure is (assuming for all on site resorts) go to the hotel’s front/concierge desk of the place you’re hopping to and ask for their pool key. Bring your actual room key because they will check it before giving you the pool key card. So in other words, we showed SF’s concierge desk our Aventura room key and they happily gave us their SF’s pool key to borrow to access their pool… which was super fun by the way! Love that slide!

We’ve pool hopped recently from Aventura to Sapphire Falls. The procedure is (assuming for all on site resorts) go to the hotel’s front/concierge desk of the place you’re hopping to and ask for their pool key. Bring your actual room key because they will check it before giving you the pool key card. So in other words, we showed SF’s concierge desk our Aventura room key and they happily gave us their SF’s pool key to borrow to access their pool… which was super fun by the way! Love that slide!
Did you do that each time, or was it good for length of stay?

Did you do that each time, or was it good for length of stay?
We only did that once each time during our last two trips. I assumed to do it each time though but not sure. Both times we just walked right up to the concierge desk to receive it and then set it on their counter as we left.

The procedure is (assuming for all on site resorts) go to the hotel’s front/concierge desk of the place you’re hopping to and ask for their pool key. Bring your actual room key because they will check it before giving you the pool key card.
I did this at SF when my room key wouldn't open the pool gate on my check-out day - they just gave me a pool key to use. It was quite easy. Looking forward to exploring a few other pools in Nov since we only have Meetup tickets.

Being a long time Disney girl, pool hopping never even crossed my mind. Guess I'm going to add that to my to do list next trip!

Just an FYI to keep in mind while planning, the Endless Summer resorts (Dockside and Surfside) are the only resorts excluded from being able to pool hop.

That is good to know! Though honestly those are the pools I'm least interested in due to the effort involved to get there. :car:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter