Pop Century Legendary Years - 03/2007 & Updated 06/2008!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We usually stay at CBR and we love to drive by and catch a glimpse of these buildings. We find them intriguing, not something awful!! To me, its a reminder that even Disney isn't imperivous to the economic troubles of this country. We all feel it.

I'm really excited for the suites. We love pop century I have to say if it had a suite we would stay there again. There is only 4 of us but I find the value rooms a tad small for our long stays. I know we can do 2 rooms but I'm alwasy afraid we won't get connecting since they don't really guarentee them. Yeah for Disney for getting this done. My dd loves Little Mermaid.

Big news…we’ve just announced plans for a new resort at Walt Disney World Resort that’ll bring to life some of our most beloved characters and stories. Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will be one-of-a-kind, featuring family suites designed around four themes: The Lion King, Cars, Finding Nemo and The Little Mermaid.
:cool1::banana::hippie:
More in Disney Blog
mermaid9830182_small.jpg

So this new resort will replace what should have been Legendary Years? Should I assume that these will be more of a value or moderate price range? Will this be an entirely separate resort or an extension of Pop? Any ideas? I realize these will be suites, but will they be like All Star Music family suites or something nicer? Anyone have any details?

So this new resort will replace what should have been Legendary Years? Should I assume that these will be more of a value or moderate price range? Will this be an entirely separate resort or an extension of Pop? Any ideas? I realize these will be suites, but will they be like All Star Music family suites or something nicer? Anyone have any details?

they are suppose to be value.

I'm guessing this may mean the end of dedicated busses for POP...imagining this new resort will share like the All Stars do. Thoughts?

I'm guessing this may mean the end of dedicated busses for POP...imagining this new resort will share like the All Stars do. Thoughts?

Possibly...but there is no direct route between the two hall buildings without going the long way around, whereas the ASRs are all in a row.

Combined the POP and Animation resorts will roughly equal the ASR capacity.

Possibly...but there is no direct route between the two hall buildings without going the long way around, whereas the ASRs are all in a row.

Neither does Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter imho

It has already been reported work has started on these suites

So what's your opinion on shared busses...quite likely? I read the article and they look really neat...we may stay there sometime in the future but one reason we really loved POP was the dedicated busses.

I've never checked out Legendary Years except through this thread, so I don't have a visual...I have enjoyed hearing the updates here. Thanks for your perspective.

With each of the 1000 + suites able to sleep 5 or 6 ... and then the 800 rooms with 4 each.. total capacity including kids at the new hotel will be likely just over 10,100. And that's based on a suite capacity of 6. If that's more this number goes up dramatically.

At the AS resorts.. the total capacity of all three is less than 23040. And while they sometimes share buses.. they frequently do not.

*All these capacity numbers are based on fully occupied rooms.. which as we all know - it almost NEVER happens with every room 100% full to capacity.

Pop Century total capacity is 11520. And it doesn't share now .. not even with CBR which is conveniently right next door.

Long story short.. Bus sharing probably isn't in the cards the way I see it.. Anymore so than sharing between Pop and CBR is likely.

Knox

Woo Hoo!! Anyone know a date/year they are planning on being done with these??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter