Pop Century Room Renovations

Checked in 3 days ago, none of my requests were met which were ground floor, 80's. Went to lobby after getting off DME and changed from building 3, second floor to building 4 and at least got my ground floor room. Sad that I am not on a new but I am in my favorite location which is facing the lake.

Checked in 3 days ago, none of my requests were met which were ground floor, 80's. Went to lobby after getting off DME and changed from building 3, second floor to building 4 and at least got my ground floor room. Sad that I am not on a new but I am in my favorite location which is facing the lake.
Sorry to hear you did not get one of the new rooms. Had you faxed your request in too? You could possibly ask to be moved the next day if something opens up if you wanted. Not sure if you want to fool with moving rooms or not. Hope you have a great trip!!!

Still nice that you got a lake view room!

I just got the email telling me my room is ready for tonight and we got the third floor of Building 4 (60's). Is it worth checking at the front desk when we arrive tonight to see if there are any renovated rooms?

I just got the email telling me my room is ready for tonight and we got the third floor of Building 4 (60's). Is it worth checking at the front desk when we arrive tonight to see if there are any renovated rooms?

If it's a renovated room you want, it can't hurt to ask. If the answer is 'no', you may also want to ask if there will be one available later in your trip if you are willing to move rooms part way through.

It seems we're hearing more and more of renovated room requests not being granted. I have a feeling the secret is out about how wonderful the refurbished rooms are so the demand for refurbished rooms is greater than the number of rooms available. At the rate they're going we're going to hear a lot of this for the next while.

We're heading to Pop in January and I'm already preparing myself to be in an old room just in case my request for refurbished cannot be accommodated.

First off, how many people are in your party. If I didn't have three adults with me last time I went I would have stayed in one of the regular rooms and hoped for the 60's section. The new rooms are nice, but they are not going anywhere. If your using the room just to sleep in I would suggest just staying put.

I am going to POP this weekend just staying one night only the 28th. I called a few days ago and requested a refurbished room( for allergies it would better) in hopes that I get it. I knew it was just a request but asked them if they couldn't accommodate it, could the room be thoroughly cleaned as my mom has asthma and is allergic to dust amongst other things - do you think it would be helpful if I send a fax too? I'm just not sure of what specifics to give and what the appropriate number to fax it is.

Thanks in advance!!

First off, how many people are in your party. If I didn't have three adults with me last time I went I would have stayed in one of the regular rooms and hoped for the 60's section. The new rooms are nice, but they are not going anywhere. If your using the room just to sleep in I would suggest just staying put.

It's just the two of us, and we're usually camper-outers and spend all our time in the parks, but this trip is a surprise trip for my husband's birthday tomorrow, so I'd like a renovated room if possible. It's all luck of the draw though!

I would ask, doesn't hurt to try! Had you sent a faxed request?

It's just the two of us, and we're usually camper-outers and spend all our time in the parks, but this trip is a surprise trip for my husband's birthday tomorrow, so I'd like a renovated room if possible. It's all luck of the draw though!
I would suggest, if you want a refurbed one, to send the fax, make a call and also call five days before and just request either 90's or 80 but don't give any more details then that and your odds go up.

I called Orbitz and had them put in a request. When I called Disney, they said they couldn't access my reservation because it was third-party.
Honestly my favorite room is in the 60's. I don't know the building but it's the same side with the bar on the back side facing AoA because you can see Illuminations and Star Wars fireworks from the room.

Honestly my favorite room is in the 60's. I don't know the building but it's the same side with the bar on the back side facing AoA because you can see Illuminations and Star Wars fireworks from the room.

This is the exact location we like too!!

I’m carefully reading to see how refurb requests go as I’m not anticipating more than 1 more building open for our Jan trip and many of those are preferred rooms. I’m starting to question if I might want to request this area one last time and wait for our Sept trip to stay in a refurbed room.

Oh, I didnt know that! That is an interesting pearl of advice to lodge in the old brain somewhere...

This is the exact location we like too!!

I’m carefully reading to see how refurb requests go as I’m not anticipating more than 1 more building open for our Jan trip and many of those are preferred rooms. I’m starting to question if I might want to request this area one last time and wait for our Sept trip to stay in a refurbed room.
When I get back there, it will be my go to room. Next two trips will be BW and BL

I'm hoping for a room in the 70's that's refurbished, but if I don't get one I would like to be on the back side of the 50's where we could maybe see the fireworks.

I have tried everything from different browsers, computers, phones etc and the room selection boxes are greyed out with no selections available.. any other ideas on why it won’t let me do our online checkin for Dec?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter