Pop Century Room Renovations

I would hope so. Upon reviewing post #2, the time frame does seem to drop. Nearing the 60 day mark at the beginning of November for building 10. Best guess, mid to end of November for opening.

For those staying in the 90's or 80's - are the rooms (standard) that much further from buses than the standard in the 70's? I know last time I stayed at ASMu we were in Rock N Roll in a back corner and the walk to/from buses seemed FOREVER - I always felt POP's layout made even the "farthest" room not that bad of a walk, but maybe I am wrong. Last Dec we were in a preffered Room in building 6 - ground floor, LAST room all the way to the end so if we walked around the corner there was the lake. As much as I want a new room for coffee maker I want to also keep from risking being what feels like far away from the buses.
I think it will be about the same as the 70s lakeview. I was on the backside of bldg 8 over July 4th. It was my first time to stay in that end of the resort because the theming has never appealed to me. The walk was fine if you cut through the parking lot. But I will warn you that the cars in that lot are parked really, really tightly with sometimes not a lot of room to get through! I have requested bldg 9 for next week. The renovated rooms are definitely worth the sacrifice of theming for now.

Does anybody think Building 10 be refurbished and ready by December? We are travelling December 16-23.

:)
Maybe it will open on November 1 and they will start working on bldg 6 then too? Basing this on the reports from this week that most of the ground floor bldg 10 looks just about ready except linens and that the construction notices are starting to be posted on windows in bldg 6. And it is the end of the month....

I think it will be about the same as the 70s lakeview. I was on the backside of bldg 8 over July 4th. It was my first time to stay in that end of the resort because the theming has never appealed to me. The walk was fine if you cut through the parking lot. But I will warn you that the cars in that lot are parked really, really tightly with sometimes not a lot of room to get through! I have requested bldg 9 for next week. The renovated rooms are definitely worth the sacrifice of theming for now.
I really wanted building 10 but that's looking slim my brother said he did the cut thru 90s lot and it wasn't bad at all - coffee at my finger tips in the morning seems worth it

Maybe it will open on November 1 and they will start working on bldg 6 then too? Basing this on the reports from this week that most of the ground floor bldg 10 looks just about ready except linens and that the construction notices are starting to be posted on windows in bldg 6. And it is the end of the month....
OMG I HOPE SO!!!!

I'm hoping for building 10 to be open a bit sooner than the end of November. We'll be there Thanksgiving, and while I'd love to be in building 10, even if we aren't, at least it will make the odds of getting a refurbished room a bit better. It's been closed nearly 90 days, not 60.

I would hope so. Upon reviewing post #2, the time frame does seem to drop. Nearing the 60 day mark at the beginning of November for building 10. Best guess, mid to end of November for opening.

We are currently on day 87 of the Buikding 10 renovations.

For those currently at Pop or arriving soon, if you could please update when building 6 begins closing rooms and construction is visible that would be helpful as we'll update post 2. @Disneylvr, would you say construction has started on Building 6 or were they just preparing with building permits?

I'm sure there will be much celebrating when Buikding 10 is open and we'll hear

We are currently on day 87 of the Buikding 10 renovations.

For those currently at Pop or arriving soon, if you could please update when building 6 begins closing rooms and construction is visible that would be helpful as we'll update post 2. @Disneylvr, would you say construction has started on Building 6 or were they just preparing with building permits?

I'm sure there will be much celebrating when Buikding 10 is open and we'll hear
Fingers crossed for building 10 end of November :worship:

I know people are upset that 10 is taking so long, but when they said there was water damage, im happy they found it and are resolving the issue so everybody who stays there is safe. I think with this discovery in both building 10 and the other one in the 80's they are doing a great job making sure their customers are safe and not just doing a patch job.

I know people are upset that 10 is taking so long, but when they said there was water damage, im happy they found it and are resolving the issue so everybody who stays there is safe. I think with this discovery in both building 10 and the other one in the 80's they are doing a great job making sure their customers are safe and not just doing a patch job.
I agree and think the damage is what has slowed the apparent progress. If it was water damage and mold removal, that takes time. Irma also lost them about a week. Yet I feel like it should be coming online soon. Just a gut feeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter