Pop Century Room Renovations

We're staying at Pop May 22nd-29th, with a "preferred pool view" room, which I think is Building 5, but I can't swear to it because I've never been there. Does anyone know if that's correct, and if so, if the renovations will be completed by then? It looks like they have just very recently started working on Building 5 (again, not sure if that's my building or not) and it's taking between 70-90ish days to complete a building.

Preferred pool views are in buildings 4 and 5. I'm sure building 5 will be completed by then and building 4 should be close to completion if it is not yet completed by then. You should be fine. :)

For current refurbishment information please see Page 1, Post 2.

(For regulars here, I'm going to try and post this every few pages to help those who are trying to find out the current refurb status. Thanks for your patience as you'll see this post pretty often.)

Is there any way to edit the thread title?

Is there any way to edit the thread title?

That is a great idea! Unfortunately the person who started the thread hasn't been on DISBoards in 4 months. I will try to PM them and see if they respond. @HopperFan was the second poster so we have started coordinating updates to that post.

I'll see if the post originator responds to a PM.

Feeling excited. We leave Sydney on Monday and arrive at POP next Friday after a stop in New Orleans. Thanks for keeping this forum and me up to date on POP! Fingers crossed for a refurbished room but really who cares we will be in Disneyland!! WOOHOO.

We had a great stay at Pop; I first requested 50s or 60s and changed to 80s or 90s a week or so before. It showed both on my online check in and got 50s. Loved being in the old rooms one last time. It was in good shape.
The BTGs were in the parks but I did not hear any chanting or see the line cutting I have seen prior years. No problems at all in our trip. I don't remember seeing them at the bus stops or around the resort.
We will be back in February and might try for a new room. Either is fine.

For current refurbishment information please see Page 1, Post 2.

(For regulars here, I'm going to try and post this every few pages to help those who are trying to find out the current refurb status. Thanks for your patience as you'll see this post pretty often.)
You should just put the link in your signature :D

So far with 3 TP faxes I have always been within 2 rooms either way if my requested room and always in the same floor.

I actually read that on here somewhere to make sure they match so I made sure that my TP requests and my online requests are the same.

I have been a member of TP for 10 years and have used their fax request on numerous occasions without once getting the room I requested or anywhere near it. If you could please let me know what you say in your request to get a room at least close to what you want. I know there is never a guarantee for a specific room but mine haven't even been in the same building.

Thanks for your help!

I have been a member of TP for 10 years and have used their fax request on numerous occasions without once getting the room I requested or anywhere near it. If you could please let me know what you say in your request to get a room at least close to what you want. I know there is never a guarantee for a specific room but mine haven't even been in the same building.

Thanks for your help!
I've never used them before so we'll see if I'm successful this trip! I just requested the specific room in the 70s section (although I think they have a few room options in the same area listed) top floor and in the added notes section I asked for a top floor 70s section room, non connecting room and a refurbished room please and thank you! I also chose highest floor and 70s section in my online check in so the requests match. I'm hoping for the best but also preparing for the chance that I may not get any of my requests.

We are locals so come down to our favorite Pop Century every couple of months for a night or two. Have had success with Touring Plans fax until this trip. We were texted a room location in the 50's section. We stopped by the front desk and had no problem getting a refurbished room. Sadly, the refurbished room already needs refurbishing! The sliding doors to the bathroom are broken so are swinging and barely hanging on. Since we are only here for a night we did not request a room change. Also, half of the electrical outlets including the one near the sink does not work. We are in the 90's section. I hope this is not typical and indicative of poor workmanship. No sign of shampoo dispensers in this room at least.

We are locals so come down to our favorite Pop Century every couple of months for a night or two. Have had success with Touring Plans fax until this trip. We were texted a room location in the 50's section. We stopped by the front desk and had no problem getting a refurbished room. Sadly, the refurbished room already needs refurbishing! The sliding doors to the bathroom are broken so are swinging and barely hanging on. Since we are only here for a night we did not request a room change. Also, half of the electrical outlets including the one near the sink does not work. We are in the 90's section. I hope this is not typical and indicative of poor workmanship. No sign of shampoo dispensers in this room at least.
Wow that's horrible...I've read from someone else that their outlets weren't working either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter