Pop Century Room Renovations

Does anyone know if any of the king rooms are also ajoining rooms? My parents and sister’s family will be staying at pop and would like ajoining rooms. I am sure my parents would prefer a king room if they could get one.

I am going under the assumption you meant to ask about connecting rooms.

In Disneyspeak:
Adjoining = near each other
Connecting = right next to each other with an interior door connecting the two rooms

Having said that, the majority of King rooms do indeed connect with a room with 2 beds.

Okay, here's my "obsessive" question(s) for the day: We are going in early June and taking our 2 kids and my parents. We booked Pop through a travel agent and have 2 preferred view rooms. In our contract, it says our preferences (which she was going to request) are 1) adjoining or connecting rooms 2) refurbished rooms 3) quiet rooms on high floor. When I checked in MDE under preferences, it has us locked into "adjoining rooms no connecting door" as our first choice and then only offers space for one more option: 50s, 60s, 70s, highest, ground, landscape, stairs. Any idea why I can't change the adjoining room first choice option? Is it because I booked via a travel agent? Does this mean our other preferences didn't get registered or are they on file somewhere else? If refurbished rooms are really our top choice (over adjoining rooms), should I call and try to re-prioritize them? I guess we should probably keep it so we're not in different buildings, but this is a special trip we're treating my parents to and I really want to ensure new rooms. Also our contract lists 2 double beds for each room--my parents would prefer a king but we don't care. Any point trying to change that? Is there supposed to be a place to make that request in MDE or is that just luck of the draw?? Man, this got lengthy, thanks :)

ETA: the travel agent said that they only way for Disney to put connecting on the reservation in MDE is if you are traveling with a family with kids under 18, but since my parents have their own room, they can only put it down as adjoining.
The online system can be really touchy and often times doesn’t always work. I would just call Disney yourself (if you know your reservation number) and have them manually put everything you want. It may not show up online, but it will show in their system. That’s what I did for our trip and we got everything we asked for.

The online system can be really touchy and often times doesn’t always work. I would just call Disney yourself (if you know your reservation number) and have them manually put everything you want. It may not show up online, but it will show in their system. That’s what I did for our trip and we got everything we asked for.
I did that and got nothing I asked for. :(

Okay, here's my "obsessive" question(s) for the day: We are going in early June and taking our 2 kids and my parents. We booked Pop through a travel agent and have 2 preferred view rooms. In our contract, it says our preferences (which she was going to request) are 1) adjoining or connecting rooms 2) refurbished rooms 3) quiet rooms on high floor. When I checked in MDE under preferences, it has us locked into "adjoining rooms no connecting door" as our first choice and then only offers space for one more option: 50s, 60s, 70s, highest, ground, landscape, stairs. Any idea why I can't change the adjoining room first choice option? Is it because I booked via a travel agent? Does this mean our other preferences didn't get registered or are they on file somewhere else? If refurbished rooms are really our top choice (over adjoining rooms), should I call and try to re-prioritize them? I guess we should probably keep it so we're not in different buildings, but this is a special trip we're treating my parents to and I really want to ensure new rooms. Also our contract lists 2 double beds for each room--my parents would prefer a king but we don't care. Any point trying to change that? Is there supposed to be a place to make that request in MDE or is that just luck of the draw?? Man, this got lengthy, thanks :)

ETA: the travel agent said that they only way for Disney to put connecting on the reservation in MDE is if you are traveling with a family with kids under 18, but since my parents have their own room, they can only put it down as adjoining.

In short:
- When making your requests online, you can only choose 2 and those are from Disney's specific list.
- Renovated rooms are not on the list, and doubt they ever would be as everyone would choose that.
- Calling to add King, will make 4 requests, double Disney's online system.
- If it's not on Disney's list then it must be made in a call.
- Odds are with so many requests, you risk not getting what is really important to you.
- Having Preferred booked means your pool of rooms is much smaller.
- Since renovated room was my most important, it would be my only request.
- Many have found, myself included, that the system won't let you change your requests online.
- You may call and see if they will note your requests.
- If your TA called it in and added them they might be in the notes, you can verify when you call.

Again, the more requests you make, the less likely you are to get what you really want. Simple is better.

You can make requests but they are only requests. I had 2 requests and neither were granted. Less is better but nothing is promised.

I think the phrase "No whammy, no whammy, STOP!" is burned into my brain. :rotfl2:
It was rare to come to my family's house and not see the Game Show Network on TV. But it has made me unstoppable at board games lol.
The best part of Whammy was when I would go "No! Don't press it now!" Like I had any idea when that thing would stop lol.

I am going under the assumption you meant to ask about connecting rooms.

In Disneyspeak:
Adjoining = near each other
Connecting = right next to each other with an interior door connecting the two rooms

Having said that, the majority of King rooms do indeed connect with a room with 2 beds.
Thanks! And yes, I did mean connecting rooms .

I did that and got nothing I asked for. :(
Same here - requested renovated, top floor... was assigned room in 50s on ground floor. We arrived very late and they were able to switch us to a renovated handicapped accessible room in the 80s on 2nd floor.

It was ok - not as much storage and only one large bathroom instead of the double doors... and the sound does travel.

Also, we did have a shower curtain as opposed to the doors that others have found - I suppose due to it being a HA room.

This was our first trip to Pop... it was fine, but we weren’t wowed by it. It was just noisy around us - both noises from rooms around us and noises from the school groups staying there outside. The white noise app couldn’t drown it out enough.

But I am glad we tried it and we did have a good time overall. And those beds were really comfy!

Do you think arriving earlier increases chances of a renovated room? Asking about late May 2018
We didn't get to the hotel until close to 7 pm and we still got a refurbished room. I think they make the room decisions days before so I'm not sure your arrival time matters.

Do you think arriving earlier increases chances of a renovated room? Asking about late May 2018
Personally I don’t think arriving early offers you a better chance of being assigned a refurbished room. What it may do is offer you more options to go to the desk and request a new room but I’m really not sure about that either. Once a room assignment has been sent to a guest, Disney will not offer that room to another guest requesting a move. Now that they pre-send room assignments, I’m really not sure how they find additional rooms for guests wanting to change.

At my 30 day window decided to call and add a note I would like a renovated room - and have no clue where my planning folder went that has the number I need to call - would someone be so kind as to refresh my brain
I'm also hoping that I have little to worry about now that only one building with preferred rooms is left undone and the others are either open or closed to be worked on.

At my 30 day window decided to call and add a note I would like a renovated room - and have no clue where my planning folder went that has the number I need to call - would someone be so kind as to refresh my brain
I'm also hoping that I have little to worry about now that only one building with preferred rooms is left undone and the others are either open or closed to be worked on.
407-939-7630 :)

Now that they pre-send room assignments, I’m really not sure how they find additional rooms for guests wanting to change.

Not everyone qualifies to bypass the desk, and not everyone does online check in. I have only asked to change rooms once since the bypass the desk program started, and I didn't have a problem doing it. I was in a very noisy location and asked to be moved to a quieter one. I would think there would be some inventory available to swap out, but no guarantee it would be renovated rooms.

For what it's worth, on the days I check in, I do online check in with an estimated arrival time of 2pm so I can have a good chance of getting the room assignment before I leave work for the day. I usually arrive around 4:30, and if I put that as my estimated arrival time, sometimes the email comes after that time (sometimes after I've already gone to the desk because I didn't get the email). My last three stays I did get a renovated room. I do make that my only request, and really don't care which building I'm in or what floor I am on so long as I get a renovated room. The arrival time in the online check in is only an estimate anyway, so if your plane is arriving very late, I would put in an earlier arrival time so you can get your room assignment and know in advance whether you will need to make a change or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter